Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bots everywhere!

dannymcgr81b14_ESO
dannymcgr81b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
What in the world happened today? I have seen more bots today than in all the time I've been playing. I must have reported 30 or 40 and those were just the ones I could catch a name for. Others are zooming around so fast I can't even catch a glimpse of the name. Did someone disturb a nest of these things or what?
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @dannymcgr81b14_ESO. Can you let us know what area in the game you spotted these bots? We can alert our team. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earlier today they were hanging around Hozzin's Folly. Several teams of them. Usually 3 or 4 in a group. Latest ones I saw were in Khenarthi's Roost. Literally everywhere. I reported 3 just traveling from Mistral to Eagle's Strand.
  • Dorgon
    Dorgon
    Yup makes it a tiny bit hard to farm some jute on lower jobs. I had to bring in my vet sorc just to bolt escape to the jute before the bots got it.

Course if you hold jute plant open without picking up the jute after awhile there will be 10 bots standing there looking at you.
    Jekhar Mokhan - Altmer Sorcerer of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Tamriel Fisherman's Guild
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JekharM/videos
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's actually how I got a couple of names. Bot blocking!
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are all over Khenarthi's Roost. Been like that for days on the EU server!
    Edited by Maotti on 21 May 2014 02:32
    PC EU
  • etherin77
    etherin77
    ✭✭✭
    I've started only looting the jute/wood and leaving it as a fishing bait node (im sry if you got one of these)
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That i have not! :)
    PC EU
  • ciannait
    ciannait
    ✭✭✭
    etherin77 wrote: »
    I've started only looting the jute/wood and leaving it as a fishing bait node (im sry if you got one of these)

I leave the bait all the time, usually because I just don't have room in my inventory for the jute/wood AND the bait...
  • Elember
    Elember
    ✭✭✭
    Today I had just made it to Cold Harbor and I was doing the quest to save the folks stuck in the library. I won't say more about that because of spoilers but for folks who have been there you know exactly the quest I am talking about.

Anyway I am making my way through the library and suddenly I notice this player with a name like "elelveuslelielss" and we have all gotten in game mail from those types of names offering us gold and various other items like crafting items for real money if we go to their website....yeah right.

Anyway this player is scampering around in the library like a cheetah on steroids, in fact he is so fast he is difficult to keep track of and that is initially what made me notice him.

Then at one point I notice he leveled and he not only leveled but he must have gained like 10 levels in a row because the leveling animations/effects went on and on and on.

So now I am intrigued to say the least, as it is obvious to me that he can't be a bot because the character is obviously being played.

Also the player is in clothing I have never seen before on any other players and in fact he looks to be dressed in slacks and a shirt like you would see someone wearing in real life. Though he looks like he is more black and white then color. Also sometimes he leaves a copy of his character standing there as a statue and the character continues on leaving this "copy" of himself standing there...

Is this an Zenimax played character? I don't know but it seems to me that it must be and I don't really know what to make of it but just thought I would mention it on the forums in a thread like this...
  • Leesha
    Leesha
    ✭✭✭
    Dorgon wrote: »
    Course if you hold jute plant open without picking up the jute after awhile there will be 10 bots standing there looking at you.

Some of them are getting smarter. The ones camped at bugged instant respawn nodes seem to wait around forever if you hold the loot window open. The ones who run around a fixed route will come up, try to interact with the node and then move on after about 20 seconds.

My biggest complaint right now is the clunky reporting system. I hate these bots as much as anyone else but I've stopped reporting them. I don't feel like chasing them down to get their names, it is a huge waste of time. Every day now I log in to 5-10 "We are remember u" mails trying to sell me not only gold but crafting materials. I used to report them but the delay between hitting submit and the confirmation window makes it tedious.
  • Vendersleigh
    Vendersleigh
    ✭✭✭
    The bots are now so bad in Glenumbra that low level characters cannot obtain jute much of the time and are getting very frustrated, expressing that in zonechat. I expect that some of them will resort to buying from the gold/jutesellers now.
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elember wrote: »
    Today I had just made it to Cold Harbor and I was doing the quest to save the folks stuck in the library. I won't say more about that because of spoilers but for folks who have been there you know exactly the quest I am talking about.

Anyway I am making my way through the library and suddenly I notice this player with a name like "elelveuslelielss" and we have all gotten in game mail from those types of names offering us gold and various other items like crafting items for real money if we go to their website....yeah right.

Anyway this player is scampering around in the library like a cheetah on steroids, in fact he is so fast he is difficult to keep track of and that is initially what made me notice him.

Then at one point I notice he leveled and he not only leveled but he must have gained like 10 levels in a row because the leveling animations/effects went on and on and on.

So now I am intrigued to say the least, as it is obvious to me that he can't be a bot because the character is obviously being played.

Also the player is in clothing I have never seen before on any other players and in fact he looks to be dressed in slacks and a shirt like you would see someone wearing in real life. Though he looks like he is more black and white then color. Also sometimes he leaves a copy of his character standing there as a statue and the character continues on leaving this "copy" of himself standing there...

Is this an Zenimax played character? I don't know but it seems to me that it must be and I don't really know what to make of it but just thought I would mention it on the forums in a thread like this...

He tore the space-time leaving you conscious of the full extent of time after breaking the dictatorship our primitive mind force into us through our biased perception of the events ordering.

Congratulate yourself. You have just been awoken.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonL‌ VR zone is bearable, thought the issue is much treated. But when I started a character in EP 8 hours ago, it was horrible.

Bots falling from skies completing non combat quests. The skies are filled with weird superman movements other than anchor spawns. Nodes disappearing so fast you get a glimpse of their head only (happened so often it became a norm, could only gather 5 times at the end of 2 hour session, the node harvester achievement could've been done within minutes previously?) Bots that zoom past your screens, bot named Heheheh that die from their fall in town.

I don't know whether to laugh or be pissed off with his name.
    Stonefalls, Bal Foyen, Bleakrock Isle. It's so much more horrible than Glenumbra.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is frustrating and I think they are trying to destroy this game, it's like a terrorist cell of bots.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is frustrating and I think they are trying to destroy this game, it's like a terrorist cell of bots.
    Did ZoS build the game on an ancient hacker graveyard or something?

• Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    Did ZoS build the game on an ancient hacker graveyard or something?

Rofl...