Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Respec Last Skillpoint

Ashchild
Ashchild
✭✭
Skill point dedication is obviously a contentious issue. Zenimax wants us to make meaningful, deliberate choices.

My only suggestion is that perhaps we may be able to refund the last skill point spent (perhaps within a certain degree of time). But once you spend the next skill point after that, that previous skill is forever memorised.

We overcome wearily vague descriptions, test our morph choices for a short while, but still maintain a sense of growing identity without the complaint of expensive respec costs.
Edited by Ashchild on 20 May 2014 07:16
  • lavendercat
    lavendercat
    ✭✭
    yes !! or at least there could be some kind of testing period before you commit a point.
    hello :)
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashchild wrote: »
    Skill point dedication is obviously a contentious issue. Zenimax wants us to make meaningful, deliberate choices.

My only suggestion is that perhaps we may be able to refund the last skill point spent (perhaps within a certain degree of time). But once you spend the next skill point after that, that previous skill is forever memorised.

We overcome wearily vague descriptions, test our morph choices for a short while, but still maintain a sense of growing identity without the complaint of expensive respec costs.

I could agree to that... Some of the toll tips simply fail to describe an ability, so maybe allowing us to revert a decision within an hour of making it is a reasonable request. I don't think it is something easy to implement though... So it won't be happening anytime soon. ZoS has more urgent issues to deal with then this.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »
    Ashchild wrote: »

I could agree to that... Some of the toll tips simply fail to describe an ability, so maybe allowing us to revert a decision within an hour of making it is a reasonable request. I don't think it is something easy to implement though... So it won't be happening anytime soon. ZoS has more urgent issues to deal with then this.

Well, to be honest, if the tooltips weren't so halfazzed in places, or just misleading in others, it'd be easier to take a decision with confidence. But some of the bonus' in there don't even seem to register or work.

It's difficult "to make meaningful, deliberate choices" with haphazard input as your guide.

ETA: My conclusion is that I'd like to 'trial run' a skillpoint for 5 minutes, possibly in a nonbinding/noncumulative and separate instance, just to see if the skillpoint even made a noticeable difference in some cases.
    Edited by twev on 20 May 2014 17:46
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Id suggest a cheap or free refund for morphs, but leave the normal respec as it is.
  • Ashchild
    Ashchild
    ✭✭
    Id suggest a cheap or free refund for morphs, but leave the normal respec as it is.

I like this idea as well.