Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Guild stores have failed, auction house please. All it's done is flood chat with sell spammers.

• Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    Not gonna work: a single Auction house for SO many people on a single server is only gonna lead to one thing: MASSIVE undercutting.

I'm fairly sure at this point that the bulk of the pro-AH crowd wants massive undercutting to occur to create a buyers market. They are mostly players who buy more than sell, and are willing to throw sellers under the bus in the long-term if it means they can buy all the items they want right now.
  • gokhanuzmez
    gokhanuzmez
    ✭✭
    AH is a must for efficient trade and dynamic Economy. Value of the items drop? Ohh too bad
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of the complaints that the Guild Stores have failed are from players who haven't actually sat down and given the idea of an AH any thought beyond "it makes my life easier".

If you want to make a valid arguement for an auction house take some time to write a long constructive thread with the pros and cons of you idea, data to back it up where you can and less drama and hearsay.

Give this thread I started a read over and then go back and look at what it is you want to say about the feature and the way you are posting now. Claims of failure, not working and it's poo don't work unless you have a way to back them up, that's just your personal opinion of desire for the game.

Link to thread: How to Make a Developer Listen to You.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AH is a must for efficient trade and dynamic Economy. Value of the items drop? Ohh too bad

No it's not a must...it will create a gold,item sellers/bot paradise with access to more people. It will trivialize any rare items that you should earn. Not buy with gold.

Because you are unwilling to try something different it makes it bad. It's working for me why isn't it working for you? Are you not rich enough?
  • McWop
    McWop
    ✭✭
    Everytime i need something i can find it in my 2 trade guilds. Everytime i want to sell something I can sell it through my 2 trade guilds or (if the items worthy) in zone chat quite quickly.

No seeing how guild stores failed....not even a little bit
  • McWop
    McWop
    ✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    Honestly, I think it was a mistake to ship without player housing and the ability to open your own shop.

In my opinion it is a basic feature of any good MMO - SWG, DAOC, Ultima, EQ2 the top MMO´s of the past all had it and I am sure that ESO would profit from it as well.

Guild stores are an alternative yes and we need to see how this works out, but the future should still be player housing with own merchants in my opinion.

AH´s don't get my support, trading should have at least a tiny bit of social skills involved, even if its only about going into a house of a player so that you can browse his / her goods.

player housing? probably the least important aspect of the game currently.

The number 1 MMO ever still doesn't have it. ESO would profit from it yes, but its not needed, balancing, additional endgame content, and bug/class fixes come first. Wouldn't be surprised if we never see player housing
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, look. Another auction house thread.

It has all been said before, grasshopper. Adjust.
  • Swampster
    Swampster
    ✭✭✭

No it's not a must...it will create a gold,item sellers/bot paradise with access to more people. It will trivialize any rare items that you should earn. Not buy with gold.

As opposed to the bot free goldseller paradise that is Elder Scrolls Online at present?

Oh wait a minute....

This game is without a doubt the most bot infested mess I've ever experienced!
    Swampriel - Nightblade (Archer Build) - Ebonheart Pact - Veteran
    Swampess - DragonKnight - Eboheart Pact - Lowbie Faceroller
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swampster wrote: »

As opposed to the bot free goldseller paradise that is Elder Scrolls Online at present?

Oh wait a minute....

This game is without a doubt the most bot infested mess I've ever experienced!

Cherry pick much?
  • ForTheRealm
    ForTheRealm
    ✭✭✭
    I am devoted crafter and to do it I rely on exchanging (selling, buying) items. I am currently veteran and a member of so called "trading" guilds. Unfortunately I see this set-up as a pretty ineffective. I believe it is due the fact of limitation of number and diversity of people being part of such guilds. They are mostly at similar level and need to buy/sell similar items, and in consequence there are items which are of high need and some stocking up. So I often end-up selling or buying by using chat.
    I would definitely prefer a high liquidity world-wide market with a large number of suppliers and buyers.
    If this is a problem to develop a proper Auction House, I think that some dedicated trade channels might serve as a "quick and dirty" solution.
    Edited by ForTheRealm on 20 May 2014 13:09
  • Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    Soupypoop wrote: »
    Please explain how exactly a public, faction wide auction house would work on a MEGASERVER? Do you know what undercutting is?

That is exactly why we need one. I can't wait to buy dreugh wax for 1 gold each.
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just turn off /zone. Useless channel anyway.
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because you are unwilling to try something different it makes it bad. It's working for me why isn't it working for you? Are you not rich enough?

First of all, this is already a gold seller/bot paradise, or have you not been paying attention? AH has nothing to do with it. Secondly, we have tried this "something different" approach, and it has failed.

As has already been pointed out, you have two camps of anti-AH crusaders: Those that swear the prices will skyrocket so that they can't buy anything, and those that swear the prices will plummet so that they can't make a profit. The first camp are a bunch of sensationalists that have foggy memories of some ultra rare item they wanted in WoW being too expensive for them to buy, and the second camp like to keep prices artificially high by limiting the market, so that they can gouge their fellow players. Both camps need to study some basic economic principles and learn how supply and demand works.

Trade channels don't work without an AH, because no one uses them. They know everyone will turn off the trade channel to avoid the spam, so they'll just spam in zone chat to hit the largest customer base. WTS/WTB spam in games with AH already in place does exist, but on a vastly smaller scale that what we have now, not only is this common sense, but easily proven by playing any MMO with an AH that's on the market right now.

Finally, Trade Guilds: I started in one trade guild at launch, ended up leaving the other guilds I was in so that I could be in five trade guilds. They're all dead, 30/500 here, 48/500 there, not one of them over 50 players on. Where is the sense of community? I'm in five guilds that nobody gives a flying crap about, that are all dead, that all have guild stores with next to nothing in them. So now I get to start guild hopping if I want to try and find an outlet to an extremely limited market? Complete fail.
    Edited by Drachenfier on 20 May 2014 13:26
  • ZOS_MichaelM
    Hey folks,
    Closing this thread, as we already have an ongoing discussion on the same topic. Please continue the conversation over there: Auction house is a must!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.