Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crit stacking is actually very decent - Magplar cat build

divnyi
divnyi
✭✭✭✭✭
Everyone knows that Order's Wrath is a good set. But you can mix it with a second crit set to make it even better - Back-Alley Gourmand.
No drinks restriction isn't good, but you can roll Jewels of Misrule, which is stat dense with PvP-relevant stats.
1x Slimecraw
Precise weapon trait

This gives 50% crit chance, and as for the crit damage, the math is the following:
50% base crit damage
-20% base player crit resist
= 30% start

30% +10% (templar passive) +10% (minor force) +10% (5pc med) +11% (shadow) +10% (brittle) +12% (feline ambush) +8% (order's) +13% (gourmet)

= 114%, no CP
with 125% cap

50% chance * +114% = +57% total damage boost

30% +10% (5pc med) +11% (shadow) +12% (feline ambush) +8% (order's) +13% (gourmet) = +84% for healing
50% chance * +84% = +42% healing boost

Now, you might say that it gets hit by Rallying Cry (-24% crit damage)
True, but consider this: the less crit damage you have, the more it is getting hit by Rallying Cry. The more crit chance you have, the more it is getting hit by Rallying Cry.

So assuming you don't invest in crit, you have 20% chance +30% damage, which is 20% * +30% = +6%, then rallying gonna reduce it to 20% * +6% = +1%, and 101% / 106% = 95%, -5% damage.
For this build, it's gonna be 50% * +90% = +45%, 145% / 157% = 92%, -8% drop. Difference is not so big.

Then, I go for SLOW setup with Sea-Serpent's Coil.
Yes, I don't compensate it with movement speed like some other players do, instead I value it for what it is - base WD buff, which is huge for crit build.
Jewel traits are all infused, 1x mana regen, x2 spell damage.

To compensate for the lack of movement, all armor traits are Sturdy, backbar Ice Staff without first passive (stam blocking for reduced cost).
Ice Staff is Maelstrom to deal good passive AoE damage.

64 HP for stats, 5 med 1 light 1 heavy.

Edit1: Alliance Spell Draught from BG merchant - Major Sorcery & Major Prophecy without spending extra spell slots.

Skill setup:

Channeled Acceleration - good part of it is 60s minor force, so it's always up.
Elemental Explosion with Any Damage + Assassin's Misery + Brittle = Best Opener, sneaky 2 GCD kill with jbeam.
JBeam - no introduction needed.
Javelin - need at least one skill from this line for the passive, Jav is a really good stun & platform trickery. Elemental Explosion -> Jav -> Jbeam for long deadly combo.
Elemental Susceptibility - zero mana pressure tool.

Elemental Blockade - 2k noncrit, 4k crits, avg to 3k per second. Nobody wants to stand in it, and it's wide.
Channeled Focus - mag recovery morph. Heals scale with health, we have decent HP pool and it also buffed by crit healing by a lot.
Living Dark - second most important healing spell. Numbers don't scale, but healing can crit ;)
Extended Ritual - healing isn't the important part here, but the ability to cleanse fat stacks of DoTs in 2 casts.
Healing Soul with Druids, Vitality - yeah druids is nerfed, yes it's less of a permablock now, but it's still 1200 of resources.

Ult, both bars: Practiced Incantation. Helps with low sustain, buffed by high crits, makes your team invulnerable for 8 seconds in smallscale.

Fun build for BGs where your team do teamfight. Lack of mobility hurts otherwise.
Edited by divnyi on 27 August 2024 12:43
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing the build.

Crit is nice but for BGs the king is recovery and sustain.

"Elemental Blockade - 2k noncrit, 4k crits, avg to 3k per second. Nobody wants to stand in it, and it's wide."

These values are before battle spirit and then you have no penetration so it will be mitigated minimum with 30%, then we add the easy minor evasion with 10% more and it will not be so noticeable.

Sadly as you probably noticed crit is super important to secure the kills and that is why there are 2 classes that are way better than the rest. NBs and Sorcs have the required burst plus their best unique mobility on top of their newly imporved defense/heals.

Because I can!
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it is impossible to play with these sustains too, but this setup puts good pressure on the table for low cost. You often stop and recast Elemental Explosion to make it hit. You often pressure for 0 mana. You often jbeam which costs practically nothing.

Defensive package eats through mana fast though, true. But as it's teamplay-oriented, you can burn through resources & ult to survive focus pressure and then go back on offensive to help the team.
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    "-20% base player crit resist"
    Are you sure about this number?
    I thought it was 25%.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently using Order's Wrath + Back Alley Gourmand + Oakensoul on my bowplar; it does hit pretty hard.

Gourmand is a placeholder until I can use what I really want, which is Perfected Mora Scribes Thesis.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I'm currently using Order's Wrath + Back Alley Gourmand + Oakensoul on my bowplar; it does hit pretty hard.

Gourmand is a placeholder until I can use what I really want, which is Perfected Mora Scribes Thesis.

These are the types of things we PvP'ers have to do to get what we want (e.g. Vet Lucent Citadel).

Which is why I never have time for the Whitestrake's complaining about being "forced" to do scouting quests in Cyrodiil for tickets, LMAO.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

These are the types of things we PvP'ers have to do to get what we want (e.g. Vet Lucent Citadel).

Which is why I never have time for the Whitestrake's complaining about being "forced" to do scouting quests in Cyrodiil for tickets, LMAO.

Agreed but I actually like trials and dungeons so it's no worries for me.

I do hate questing though; thankfully not too much gear locked behind quests.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cast_El wrote: »
    "-20% base player crit resist"
    Are you sure about this number?
    I thought it was 25%.

This page says 66 crit resist = -1%
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Critical_Resistance

I've just checked ingame value on this char (it's raw 1320, no bonuses) - that's 66*20 = 1320
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfected Mora Scribes Thesis.

Looks like a set for organized group play? I doubt BGs would offer you so many buffs to make it worth it.
    Perfected Sul-Xan's is doing the similar thing and is probably better. You don't have to kill someone yourself, you need to do at least some damage for that soul thing to drop, and then 30s sticky buff. It was better when necros were around tho as blastbones counted.
  • Tinkerhorn
    Tinkerhorn
    ✭✭✭
    The build I've been running for the longest time on my templar is Orders wrath, rallying cry, balorghs, and was serpents coil up until this recent patch which I've swapped out with markyns ring trying out making the most of the speed. Orc or Khajiit both work well.
    I run Orzorgas and spell power pots for sorcery, prophecy, and mag sustain.
    All pieces divines with the shadow mundus apart from heavy trainee chest.
    Instead of javelin in open world I run toppling charge. I think a well timed javelin is much more superior but for my general needs the off balance and gap closer is most useful. The gap closer especially to compensate for lack of mobility.
    A lot would instinctively think 21k resists is way too low but templar has a solid healong and most importantly a good purge. People aren't the best at reapplying effects swiftly so in most fights will have roughly the same resists as an opponent if not more. HoTs are very high as well.
    I find typically DK's made to brawl which apply a lot of status effects and can sustain well are the achilles heal to the build but nothing wrong with there being counters. I think the way the game is going as well sustain is becoming even more important (People just generally very tanky, lots of cc, lots of 'chasing', hard to put people down) so might be the build is falling further from acceptable but if you like aggressive and 'quick' gameplay a very offensive orientated Templar is a solid way to go.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    Perfected Mora Scribes Thesis.

Looks like a set for organized group play? I doubt BGs would offer you so many buffs to make it worth it.
    Perfected Sul-Xan's is doing the similar thing and is probably better. You don't have to kill someone yourself, you need to do at least some damage for that soul thing to drop, and then 30s sticky buff. It was better when necros were around tho as blastbones counted.

Look at the build again, I'll max it out solo. ;)
    Edited by Solariken on 28 August 2024 00:01
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guild mate ran something similar and he killed players regularly. Took same gear on NB, DK, Arcanist, Necro, Warden and all other classes end up killing other players faster and producing more damage. Templar problem is it burst damage is garbage compared to other classes. It sustains is horrible as well. These issues are why the class need adjustments.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This only works because SSC has just barely enough wd/sd on it to get your damage out of the low end. Adding a ton of crit damage and crit chance to a build with only base damage can often result in a weaker build. You really need some amount of wd/sd, maxstat, or bash damage before you start stacking crit like that.
    PC NA
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    This only works because SSC has just barely enough wd/sd on it to get your damage out of the low end. Adding a ton of crit damage and crit chance to a build with only base damage can often result in a weaker build.

True. But the fun thing in this build here is that healing on plar isn't really boosted by WD, and it's very strong.

The combination of both crits and base WD from SSC give quite a solid DPS and "Tower Defense"-like gameplay, with strong ranged attacks and ability to stack HoTs that crit and ability to block some of the strongest hits.

Downside of SSC ofc applies, you should really stick to your group.