Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I am confused about Enchanting Levels

CrushDepth
Howdy,
I have been searching about on the internet regarding Potency Leveling. All the websites that I have visited read / agree:
Rank II -Enchanting Rank 5
Welllll then, I am at call it Enchanting 7.5 and I can not use a Level 2 Potency RuneStone, that I have in my bag, nor any that are listen in the "store" at at worktable.

Have things changed since those websites posted those numbers, am I not understanding the process?

Also, is that one still needs two people to advance quickly still the real way to advance?
I would appreciate your input/education;

Old Sub Sailor trav
Edited by CrushDepth on 5 September 2024 19:34
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you invested skill points in the Aspect Improvement skill? The colored aspect runestones require one more skill point invested for each higher rank.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two Passives that you levevl up in Enchanting. Potency 1-10 which determine the character level required to use the final product, and Aspect 1-4 which determines the strength of the final product (green, blue, purple, gold).

I'm guessing you haven't put skillpoints into one of those two passives.

Edited by DenverRalphy on 5 September 2024 19:36
  • CrushDepth
    oops, I meant to say Potency.
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    In that case you probably didn't put enough points in the Potency Improvement passive. :)
  • CrushDepth
    Thank you for that input, I have not seen those passives. At my age, I miss a lot of things, so are they listed under something that should be jumping out at me?
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In answer to your question about needing two people to level it quickly, that is still an option and necessary for your first character.

However they did change things slightly and now if you have a fully levelled Enchanter you can make glyphs on that character and pass them to a new character to deconstruct. The inspiration is the same or as near as dammit as having a friend make glyphs for you.

When levelling new characters I usually send the purple truly superb glyphs to deconstruct as it's faster, ofc gold would be even faster but considerably more expensive. :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • CrushDepth
    Ok,
    I jumped online to the game real quick and saw the passives. Evidently, I can upgrade them with skill points now.
    I have changed my character and even went to a temple & alter and tried to reset my skill points, but could not see how. Nothing was reset for me to redistribute that I could see.
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you're at the altar, you have the option to unassign individual skill points (you'll see a minus button next to the ones with points invested), which frees them up to use elsewhere. Or you can unassign them all with a key press, I think it's 'x' on PC (should be visible in the bottom of your screen while at the altar).
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    In answer to your question about needing two people to level it quickly, that is still an option and necessary for your first character.

However they did change things slightly and now if you have a fully levelled Enchanter you can make glyphs on that character and pass them to a new character to deconstruct. The inspiration is the same or as near as dammit as having a friend make glyphs for you.

When levelling new characters I usually send the purple truly superb glyphs to deconstruct as it's faster, ofc gold would be even faster but considerably more expensive. :)

When did it change to being able to use your own chars glyphs?
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • CrushDepth
    Thank you all, I am now aware of what I need to do in order to upgrade the enchanting skills.
  • CrushDepth
    loosej wrote: »
    When you're at the altar, you have the option to unassign individual skill points (you'll see a minus button next to the ones with points invested), which frees them up to use elsewhere. Or you can unassign them all with a key press, I think it's 'x' on PC (should be visible in the bottom of your screen while at the altar).

Thank you for your help. Evidently I could or did not see the buttons although I did expect to see them. Perhaps they were too small for my old eyes to see. Sooooo, I went ahead and got the Armory thing and put it in my house. The only problem with that, is that it strips out & off every thing and I mean every thing. I reissued my points and got the Enchanting Passives upgraded (I was so focused on those) and off I went, naked (I had a costume on that hid that) and weaponless. On my first fight I was getting the heck beat out of me but managed to Run Awayyyyy. I got into another fight against a single NPC and after a long while did manage to win with some skills although it took forever. My slow old brain did not catch on that my weapon skills were not active during the fight, however.
    I forget what it was that clued me that I did not have a weapon in hand, and that further clued me to my lack of armor. RED FACE but lesson learned (and now I understand what the negative comments/cautions regarding using the Armory were all about.).
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LaintalAy wrote: »
    freespirit wrote: »

When did it change to being able to use your own chars glyphs?

Quite some time ago, I don't actually know when but I have levelled many characters this way.
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!