Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Stealth and Detection

Crimsonorion
Crimsonorion
✭✭✭
So was sneaking around in ESO and trying to do Safeboxes and kept getting that...idk if its a bug...problem where the detection eye goes closed, says "Hidden" for a second then goes full open..then starts to go closed again and just keeps repeating even when it seems like no one is looking at me, but my question is the armor/champion points items that say "Reduces range of stealth detection" do they affect that? Or is it just about the range another player can detect you when crouched aka only PvP? I looked up UESP and it doesn't explain anything
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Reduces range of stealth detection" do they affect that?

Yes, but the moment you attempt to open the box you'll leave stealth.
    about the range another player can detect you when crouched

Also yes, it works in PvE and PvP.
    I'm but a sarcastic beef jerky. Irony and cynicism are my parents. You've been warned.
  • Artem_gig
    Artem_gig
    ✭✭
    Yes, they also affect the NPCs. You can build a build in which you will not be visible at close range.
  • Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh ok thanks, wanted to know for sure before I reconstruct a stealth suit for...certain things...
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bonus fact: the "decreased detection radius" effect on nightmother, night terror, and draloc brae do infact stack with eachother, and given the set number requirements it is entirely possible to stack all 3 at once
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are referring to a bug that has been around for along time. I’ve seen it happen a lot in the last week or two.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are referring to a bug that has been around for along time. I’ve seen it happen a lot in the last week or two.

Yea, NPC's will not be facing me and a fair distance away and it'll just keep cycling between Hidden and Detected. Its been around since Thieves Guild I think
    notyuu wrote: »
    Bonus fact: the "decreased detection radius" effect on nightmother, night terror, and draloc brae do infact stack with eachother, and given the set number requirements it is entirely possible to stack all 3 at once

My plan exactly
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »

So does Khajiit's racial passive and the green CP one. At that point, it's a bit overkill though.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I don't much like how invisibility and stealth works in ESO.

First, guards still know exactly where you are they just get a "don't attack" order from the game it seems.

Second, while I can understand that one loses invisibility when pickpocketing it is not comprehensible why one should lose it upon lockpicking or interacting with items unless someone else is really close by.

I see invisibility as implemented not really as invisibility but an illusion. One makes others believe you are not there. But yet, the faint sound created by lockpicking etc. should still not make the illusion fail, specifically when it occurs in a noisy surrounding like a market place etc.
    Edited by AnduinTryggva on 9 September 2024 07:25
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I don't much like how invisibility and stealth works in ESO.

First, guards still know exactly where you are they just get a "don't attack" order from the game it seems.

Second, while I can understand that one loses invisibility when pickpocketing it is not comprehensible why one should lose it upon lockpicking or interacting with items unless someone else is really close by.
    Its an bug who make you appear to be visible then opening doors and some other stuff, think this is just an indicator bug.
    As other says you can be totally invisible with sneak sets and the green cp. Done that and npc will push you around inside restricted zones.
    Still you will get detected and suspicions messages then pick-pocketing, this only stop you from pickpocket.
    If you are caught pick-pocketing you will be detected even is detection range is negative.
    Same with using blade of woe, using it and npc within 5 meter something will detect you.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh ok thanks, wanted to know for sure before I reconstruct a stealth suit for...certain things...

If you're a Khajiit you'll only ever need Darloc Brae and Night Terror, your racial passive will do the rest. This way you can use the Darloc Brae 5 piece bonus, 4 pieces of Night Terror, a mythic item and a weapon or monster set of your choice.
    Edited by Kisakee on 9 September 2024 10:14
    I'm but a sarcastic beef jerky. Irony and cynicism are my parents. You've been warned.