Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tomehold Journeyman and Master Furnisher's Documents

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Is anyone else concerned that being able to purchase certain furnishing plans are locked behind achievements in IA that require defeating marauders, among other things?

I for one am not getting those plans as drops because I typically do a solo run on arc 1 and the leads and furnishing plans drops are scarce so I have to buy them.
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm nowhere near the best, or even consider myself "good" as I play for fun and I consistently get past arc 3 on my main chara which is a mishmash of random build items and spellcrafted spells... I'm not worried at all about achievement locked stuff as I have most of the important IA achievements and can solo marauders just fine.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I don't find it difficult to get to later arcs, especially with companions. I don't see a point in limiting myself to just Arc 1 unless I just want to do the daily. Just do Arc 2 at least. IA doesn't really get that hard until Arc 3/4 imo. Well, outside of the marauders.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 6 September 2024 05:46
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am concerned as I have not killed marauder Gothmau yet.

I would hate to have to buy a carry for IA just to buy some furnishing plans, that would be outrageous.

It’s funny, I would have expected an outcry about furnishings being locked behind end game content but I guess everyone is getting used to it by now.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would hate to have to buy a carry for IA just to buy some furnishing plans, that would be outrageous.

It’s funny, I would have expected an outcry about furnishings being locked behind end game content but I guess everyone is getting used to it by now.

He doesn't show up each time and he only takes 1 thread when he does and then the rest of the arc is fine. They've also added new marauders which lowers the odds of getting Gothmau. My companion tanked the minotaur marauder just fine in Arc 2. No other human player required. Stage 2 Tho'at is an easier boss than Stage 1. The only thing that makes that Arc harder is you have to fight them both at the same for a little bit. But, Tho'at is really not that bad.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 6 September 2024 19:47
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

He doesn't show up each time and he only takes 1 thread when he does and then the rest of the arc is fine. They've also added new marauders which lowers the odds of getting Gothmau. My companion tanked the minotaur marauder just fine in Arc 2. No other human player required. Stage 2 Tho'at is an easier boss than Stage 1. The only thing that makes that Arc harder is you have to fight them both at the same for a little bit. But, Tho'at is really not that bad.

But you have to kill the new marauders as a condition to buy the random furnishing plans.

EDIT: I should add that when I have someone to run this with we are not able to defeat any of the marauders.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on 6 September 2024 20:03
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you have to kill the new marauders as a condition to buy the random furnishing plans.

EDIT: I should add that when I have someone to run this with we are not able to defeat any of the marauders.

Yes. But even if you have an issue with Gothmau, others are killable with a companion even for those who aren't able to beat them on their own. Like, I had little issue with the minotaur marauder.

Edit:
    If your running buddy isn't able to hold aggro, I recommend getting a tank companion. It really makes a big difference for the marauders and Tho'at in particular, even if it doesn't help a ton with many of the other mechs.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 6 September 2024 20:22
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, if you want help, feel free to hit me up.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty much all of the marauders are pretty easily killable with a tank companion in my experience

i dont know if they fixed the aggro issues with isobel or bastian though, but azander seems to work fine
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, if you want help, feel free to hit me up.

I appreciate the offer, but I don’t want to have to ask anyone for help. The hubby is helping me but he is a new player and a dps and not fond of the whole skill rotation thing, but he does his best.

I just don’t want to have to feel like I have to be the best to run this content. I do an arc and get some fortunes, so I can buy leads. I don’t even have a hope of filling the stickerbook, this is a means to an end. I want the leads and I want the furnishing plans, and you have little to no chance of getting those in arc 1 right now.

I’ll just hope that someone else can buy the random furnishing plans and put them in a guild trader so I can spend 1 mil+ gold on each of them.

Sorry if I sound bitter but I am when it comes to things like this in the game. I’m getting older and it is harder to run this kind of content on a regular basis. I spend more time decorating houses now because it is easier on me so it is frustrating to run into these roadblocks.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you sure the marauder achievements are necessary? Is there a link that describes the requirements?

I don’t know if this link is accurate, but it suggests you just have to kill Tho’at once: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/66786

Hopefully, that is the case, because just completing arc 1 would be pretty accessible.
    Edited by Pevey on 7 September 2024 03:13
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    Are you sure the marauder achievements are necessary? Is there a link that describes the requirements?

I don’t know if this link is accurate, but it suggests you just have to kill Tho’at once: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/66786

Hopefully, that is the case, because just completing arc 1 would be pretty accessible.

This would be good news indeed if it is true.

Thanks for posting this.

EDIT: I’m not sure where I saw the marauder requirement here on the forums but I can’t find it now.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on 7 September 2024 05:49
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA