Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[QoL REQUEST] In dungeon finder allow filtering for dungeons not yet run for the active character

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
I have leveled up a new character and now desperately need skill points. One way for this is to do dungeon quests and I queue for random dungeons as I get a special reward in addition.

Now the best is if I get a dungeon that still has the quest for my character. It would be really cool if I could filter dungeons out that I have already done the quest for.
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    rnd/rvd is meant as a fill-in, not for any kind of filtering/specific choices. the best thing to do would be to start rnd/rvd, then make a list of the ones you've already done and tick all the specific dungeons you're willing to do. (now if we need an actual qol feature it's to retain our selected list of specific dungeons)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is an addon that can do that, i use it to mainly to select specific dungeons i still need gear from, but it also allows selecting ones you have pledges for, or need quests for

random is going to be random, but you can make a "pseudo random" by going to specifics and selecting a bunch of different dungeons
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random is intended to be used to assist those looking for specific dungeons to get a full group.

If you're lookin for a specific dungeon for the quest, then you've gotta queue for Specific and trust that Random will fill it out for you just like it does when you are on the other side of the coin for the players that queue specific and you run random. It's a two way street.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an addon called Dungeon Queue 4 Stickerbook that adds a series of drop-downs to the specific dungeon list that automatically checks the ones that match the filter(s) you check.
    It does:
    - pledges normal/vet
    - DLC pledges normal/vet
    - Missing quest
    - Missing boss helms (vet)
    - Missing sticker book items.

When I'm on a dungeon spree, I usually run a random first and then select one where I'm missing a quest for chars that need skill points.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    There's an addon called Dungeon Queue 4 Stickerbook that adds a series of drop-downs to the specific dungeon list that automatically checks the ones that match the filter(s) you check.
    It does:
    - pledges normal/vet
    - DLC pledges normal/vet
    - Missing quest
    - Missing boss helms (vet)
    - Missing sticker book items.

When I'm on a dungeon spree, I usually run a random first and then select one where I'm missing a quest for chars that need skill points.

i think thats the one i use too, i usually use to queue for all dungeons i need gear from so i can get a pseudo random experience but still know im gonna get a dungeon i need a drop from
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing to consider is unfortunately many players who queue for random only want to do a quick run. They might not wait around for you to do the quest. Often they skip a side boss or something else that is needed for the quest. Group finder helps some in filling a group that is willing to wait for the quest but I don't think enough players check the group finder to make it overly reliable.
    Other than ask guild mates there isn't really a good way to fill a group for doing quests. Random queue needs to stay random though as others have said the main purpose is to fill groups for players running something specific.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Another thing to consider is unfortunately many players who queue for random only want to do a quick run. They might not wait around for you to do the quest. Often they skip a side boss or something else that is needed for the quest. Group finder helps some in filling a group that is willing to wait for the quest but I don't think enough players check the group finder to make it overly reliable.
    Other than ask guild mates there isn't really a good way to fill a group for doing quests. Random queue needs to stay random though as others have said the main purpose is to fill groups for players running something specific.

When I do randoms, I always stay in the group at the end and just leave the instance, unless I see that everyone has left the dungeon. That way, if anyone needs to hand in the quest/look for lorebooks/loot all the containers in Moon Hunter Keep, they can do so. The group won't disband if I log out, so I just vendor/decon and then swap to a new character if needed.

I think nowadays, you can do dungeons with two players and 2 companions most of the time, so that might be a good option for people who want to take their time doing the quest.
    The Moot Councillor
  • GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭✭
    there is an addon that can do that, i use it to mainly to select specific dungeons i still need gear from, but it also allows selecting ones you have pledges for, or need quests for

random is going to be random, but you can make a "pseudo random" by going to specifics and selecting a bunch of different dungeons

Name of the addon please, thank you :) .
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Name of the addon please, thank you :) .

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3254-DungeonQueue4Stickerbook.html
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP