Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weird, likely overlooked/unnoticed bug at very start of MSQ

Auberon1983
Auberon1983
✭✭✭
PlayStation/NA, though it could easily be all platforms for all I know.

Started a new alt character this evening, and made sure to at least start the Prophet/Coldharbour quest line (it's easy skill points if I continue it). Got killed by Mannimarco, as is custom, and resurrected in the prison cell.

Lyris shows up as normal, breaks the lock to the door, and runs off. However, I could not open the cell door. It took almost three full minutes to find a "sweet spot" that would let me select "open". I've never had that happen before.

I'm going to see if I can replicate it tomorrow. If I can, I'd hate for brand new players to start the MSQ, and be stymied almost right away.

FWIW, the "sweet spot" was to the far left of the door, about 3/4 of the way down, which is definitely odd, as the door swings open from the right.
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    Update -

Made a throwaway character, skipped the tutorial and sped run to Daggerfall. Started the MSQ. Yes, I was able to replicate last night. Door refuses to operate unless the "sweet spot" is selected, as in "open" isn't even an option.

This has never happened in the past.