Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Question about class mastery scraps and how to use them

AngryPenguin
AngryPenguin
✭✭✭
I've almost got 50 class mastery scraps collected. But before I consume them I'd like someone to give me some clarification on something.

Once you consume 50 class mastery scraps, then consume the class mastery script that is created, then what?

Once we've consume the 50 class mastery scraps and associated script do we just buy additional copies of the class mastery script for alternate toons from the scholarium vendor or what?

TIA for any clarification on this topic.

Edited by AngryPenguin on 28 August 2024 21:18
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've almost got 50 class mastery scraps collected. But before I consume them I'd like someone to give me some clarification on something.

Once you consume 50 class mastery scraps, then consume the class mastery script that is created, then what?

Once we've consume the 50 class mastery scraps and associated script do we just buy additional copies of the class mastery script for alternate toons from the scholarium vendor or what?

TIA for any clarification on this topic.

Once you get your 50 and consume them you just need to visit the vendor on alts and buy the script for gold from there. Class mastery scripts will then just stop dropping
  • BixenteN7Akantor
    BixenteN7Akantor
    ✭✭✭
    Or you're like me and somehow got up to 51 class scraps so 1 still remains in my bank lol
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you're like me and somehow got up to 51 class scraps so 1 still remains in my bank lol

Maybe you didn’t consume them when you got to 50.

• Khressandra
    Khressandra
    ✭✭
    you can use them anytime. it's an achievement, so the game tracks how many you've consumed. Sell extras.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scraps will continue to drop for any alts you don't purchase the script for. You can vendor them for a small pop of cash.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scraps will continue to drop for any alts you don't purchase the script for. You can vendor them for a small pop of cash.

This doesn't appear to be the case.

Several weeks ago I earned the achievement on my main. I used the class mastery script earned from the achievement on that character. I have not bought any copies of the class mastery script for any other character.

I just did a master writ on an alt. No class script scraps dropped.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course it didn't drop. Scraps stop dropping once you have the achievement because then your alts can buy the script at the vendor.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    joergino wrote: »
    Of course it didn't drop. Scraps stop dropping once you have the achievement because then your alts can buy the script at the vendor.

Not according to the claim above, which is why I was confirming it worked as stated in the notes.

There are many ways in which the game doesn’t work as stated or expected, so always worth checking, imo.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten scraps on alts who haven't bought the script, which is why I posted the example in the first place. If that is not working as intended, it doesn't surprise me at all.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"