Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP and Torc of the Last Ayelid King

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
So, I got it...now what?

Useful in PvP?
Templar?
Thoughts? on why I would use this?

More useful that Shattered Fate?

Looking to YOU for you comments!

Tankz

Edited by ZOS_Icy on 31 August 2024 11:08
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I farmed IA for dozens of hours on my Stamcro, to the point where I had unlocked very Necro set piece for Nobility in Decay (which is a trash set) and a bunch of jewelry and weapons for other classes.

I finally got the 5th lead and tried the TotLAK on my Stamcro. To be honest, I preferred my pre-TotLAK build, which included Rattlecage (lots of weapon damage and has Major Brutality) to free up a skill slot and backbarred Vate staff. Neither of those sets work with TotLAK of course, so I had to change up my skills.

Long story short, my performance with TotLAK in PVP (BGs) was lackluster compared to my normal build. I was really hoping TotLK would be great.

The conclusion I came to is that if you can create a build with abilities that you like, then TotLAK can be a good option. I found with Stamcro that the class kit sucks (even with the update, buffs are tied to abilities I'm disinterested in using), and with TotLAK I couldn't use gear sets to overcome deficiencies.

For Templar, TotLAK might work fine, because the class kit is solid.

TotLAK also made me realize how much I enjoy tweaking performance with different sets, so while I'm glad I have it to now what it feels like, the horrifically dull experience in IA to farm it really made it not worth it.
    Edited by taugrim on 28 August 2024 01:30
    PC | NA | CP 2.3k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its good. Best stat dense set. Not the most damage, but decent, big tooltips.

I got it month ago and using it, keep changing armor types depending on how much I get zerged, but for now I got settled this on templar:

2h/3l/2m, heavy chest reinforced other pieces impen, apprentice mundus, infused spell damage glyphs, dual wield maces, 7.7k spell damage (only self buffed with major/minor sorcery,), 17k pen (with breach), 23.5k stam 31k health, 1560 mag/stam regen, imperial race, not a vampire.

With continuous and other buffs reaching 8k-9k spell damage and over 2k regen.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep I can get to 9k spell dmg on my plar yet it's still hits no where near as hard as nb or sorc...how is that even possible. Something is really wrong with Templar skill scaling.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only got 1 lead so far. And I did casually grind it for like a week until I got bored.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Yep I can get to 9k spell dmg on my plar yet it's still hits no where near as hard as nb or sorc...how is that even possible. Something is really wrong with Templar skill scaling.

Thanks zos for nerfing jabs and burning light damage by 20% because of pve 0.8 sec light weaving jab change and also doing same to potl/pol because some glass cannon dueling builds were hitting for 20k which would not happen in 1vx situation ever.

Why not do same treatment to nightblades/sorc and nerf merciless resolve/crystal frags 25% and make it reduced by major evasion? all would be fair then.

And it will take how much? 1-3 more years of this till zos finally make it more decent damage in pvp? And its disgusting that I remember on patch notes they were saying they think templar damage is "fine" which was obviously referring to pve only and not in a real pvp situation where major/minor evasion exist.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    West93 wrote: »

Thanks zos for nerfing jabs and burning light damage by 20% because of pve

And then making arc with green beam lmao.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most RNG reliant stat set in the game thanks to forcing low crit. Decent on anything, never top tier.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »

Pve players were asking to make jabs from 1 seconds into 0.8 to light attack weave within global cd, zos did it but reduced damage and it does 3 ticks instead of 4 and in pts notes mentioned "it was not damage loss because you can light attack weave now within 1sec".

Such change made jabs hit like wet noddle in pvp and also 1sec snare nerfed into 0.5 made that snare completely useless.

Lets remember that jabs is a channel, you cannot block cast it or hit followed by roll dodge, you are exposed while jabbing and requires to hit all 3 jabs with no longer working snare attached to it when everyone running celerity cp + minor/major expedition + evasion, jabs should hit hard like in the past, aggresive high risk high reward playstyle and not what garbage it is now.

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pve players were asking to make jabs from 1 seconds into 0.8 to light attack weave within global cd, zos did it but reduced damage and it does 3 ticks instead of 4 and in pts notes mentioned "it was not damage loss because you can light attack weave now within 1sec".

Such change made jabs hit like wet noddle in pvp and also 1sec snare nerfed into 0.5 made that snare completely useless.

Lets remember that jabs is a channel, you cannot block cast it or hit followed by roll dodge, you are exposed while jabbing and requires to hit all 3 jabs with no longer working snare attached to it when everyone running celerity cp + minor/major expedition + evasion, jabs should hit hard like in the past, aggresive high risk high reward playstyle and not what garbage it is now.

There was nothing high-risk about Jabs spam.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is a melee channel with poor accuracy not risky?
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't agree with that statement.
    Jabs were hit the most by position desync and even in BGs you could've hit fresh air attacking someone point blank.
    Jabs reduce your movement speed due to channel, and you can hit 0 enemies while doing this (unlike 2h/dw channels).

So jabs were already hit-or-miss, but they had good incentive to go for that "hit" part.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why they set the drop rate of these leads so low. I've farmed IA so much since this mythic came out and I've only managed to get one lead to drop.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why they set the drop rate of these leads so low. I've farmed IA so much since this mythic came out and I've only managed to get one lead to drop.

The lead rates should be tripled, at the least. That would put it on-par for the vast majority of leads for mythics.

I spend multiples of time farming for this stupid mythic compared to every other mythic I've farmed. The only comparably annoying one was the lead in DSA, and that has a higher drop rate and the weapon sets are totally worth farming.
    PC | NA | CP 2.3k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why RNG in this game sucks so much. I got all the leads without even trying to get them — I was just farming IA for the currency and for style pages. I had zero intention of even getting the mythic, because it didn’t look all that good to me on paper. I got it completely passively. I didn’t even do any of the random spawning side mini-games, because I hate those. Got all my lead drops from farming Arc 1-2 for a few days before I got bored from hunting down style pages.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is a melee channel with poor accuracy not risky?

I think we all need to get back into the time machine back to 2021 or whenever Templars ruled the world.

Each tick of pre-nerf Jabs ticking for like 2/3 of a Dawnbreaker and ticking 4x during the channel. And pre-nerfed Burning Light ticks. And the pre-nerfed Snare.

60% of Cyrodiil just Toppling Charge -> Crescent -> Jabs Jabs Jabs Jabs Jabs with insane levels of self-healing to complete the package.

Sure, competent players could Dodge-roll through Jabs and attack from behind but you can also Block-cancel Jabs easily to reposition in response. No other spammable came remotely close. That channel was not nearly as bad as people here are making it out to be.
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »

The lead rates should be tripled, at the least. That would put it on-par for the vast majority of leads for mythics.

I spend multiples of time farming for this stupid mythic compared to every other mythic I've farmed. The only comparably annoying one was the lead in DSA, and that has a higher drop rate and the weapon sets are totally worth farming.

I agree 100 percent, I like to collect mythics I probably won't even use it because it's not that good, IA is so boring after so many runs I really hate it now.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ring of the Wild Hunt is one that I use often, otherwise, no other mythic is worth it for me. But thought Torc was cool....till I tried it...
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »
    I farmed IA for dozens of hours on my Stamcro, to the point where I had unlocked very Necro set piece for Nobility in Decay (which is a trash set) and[/b]

Strong off topic comment here @taugrim , how do you figure trash, what backbar defensive set you prefer for Necro?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we all need to get back into the time machine back to 2021 or whenever Templars ruled the world
    You mean one of the best metas in game history, where the top class was a fair brawler that required the risk of being in melee range and the skill to land its highly telegraphed combos.

Plar was never a problem, just pre-nerf Acuity. You are the reason Jabs was gutted. Fair skills that punish players who stand still and eat multiple hits to the face are what makes for good PvP. Not one button infinite face tanking, one button ranged invisible 15k proc stacks, one button to automate positioning and timing of your AoE bombs...
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking at this item, I think maybe ZoS will introduce a few of this and with the new PvP update they will add them to the new ranked BGs as the only option in order to normalize the gear. Something similar to GW2 small scale arenas maybe.
    Because I can!
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Looking at this item, I think maybe ZoS will introduce a few of this and with the new PvP update they will add them to the new ranked BGs as the only option in order to normalize the gear. Something similar to GW2 small scale arenas maybe.
    Considering they just nuked no-proc Ravenwatch because nobody played it, seems unlikely. The build system is one of this game's selling points over other PvP games. I'm glad the Ayleid Torc exists is a solid option for players that don't have the time or interest for doing their own builds, but doesn't exceed the power of full builds. Well designed mythic.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Considering they just nuked no-proc Ravenwatch because nobody played it, seems unlikely. The build system is one of this game's selling points over other PvP games. I'm glad the Ayleid Torc exists is a solid option for players that don't have the time or interest for doing their own builds, but doesn't exceed the power of full builds. Well designed mythic.

It's in line if not slightly better imo than rally, wretched,balorgs.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 item pvp set for pve players.
  • Major_Mangle
    Major_Mangle
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest downside with torc is that you usually lose out on penetration and occasionally crit rating. From a defensive PoV torc is alright but there are better options for offensive for sure. Overall it´s an ok mythic but I personally think people overhype how good it actually is.
    Ps4 EU 2016-2020
    PC/EU: 2020 -
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

With there already being a thread opened on this subject here, we're going to go ahead and close this one down.

Thank you for understanding.
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 31 August 2024 11:09
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.