Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How have you built / rebuilt your Warden after U43?

Aurielle
Aurielle
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just looking for some insight here, as I’m undecided at this point re: what to do with the new health conditions for Piercing Cold…

As we all know, it’s pretty commonplace for all classes who aren’t perma-stealthing glass cannon NBs running Tarnished/Anthelmir to sit above 30k health in Cyrodiil/IC, and even BGs. With the new Piercing Cold passive changes, this means Wardens deal less damage now at standard meta health values, with the trade-off of being able to block more damage.

Are you dropping below 30k health on your front bar and exceeding 30k health on your back bar to make the most of the changes? Are you keeping your health as is and just coming to terms the DPS loss? If you’re trying sub 30k health, have you been getting much push back on that from the people you typically run with (assuming you don’t play solo)?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m not a PvPer but my warden is my PvP character. I mostly run battlegrounds. I’ve always had <30k health, I run 0 attribute points in health and run witchmothers food. Despite this, I don’t immediately topple over dead in part due to sea serpent’s coil and also by using crystal slab and staying at range.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Just looking for some insight here, as I’m undecided at this point re: what to do with the new health conditions for Piercing Cold…

As we all know, it’s pretty commonplace for all classes who aren’t perma-stealthing glass cannon NBs running Tarnished/Anthelmir to sit above 30k health in Cyrodiil/IC, and even BGs. With the new Piercing Cold passive changes, this means Wardens deal less damage now at standard meta health values, with the trade-off of being able to block more damage.

Are you dropping below 30k health on your front bar and exceeding 30k health on your back bar to make the most of the changes? Are you keeping your health as is and just coming to terms the DPS loss? If you’re trying sub 30k health, have you been getting much push back on that from the people you typically run with (assuming you don’t play solo)?

Now I'm not a warden but what I've always done is keep the same hp on both bars, if you don't you open your self up to the sorcs execute by bar swapping when at low hp; as you go from one hp threshold to a lower one triggering the execute dmg
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most Wardens I'm seeing in Cyro are still doing Balo + RC + WV or similar with front bar DW vamp slash, shalks + charm + storm rush combo, 42k hp and a defensive back bar. Pretty much the same setup as the u42 meta which never cared about Piercing Cold to begin with, but the vamp 3 nerf means they must make fair build tradeoffs, they're mortal now.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the insight, folks. I figured it would be unlikely that players would be dipping below 30k for the extra damage in Cyrodiil, but I’d seen videos of 1vXers doing just that, so I was curious. I tried it on a lightning staff build and was pretty underwhelmed.