Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Thieve system needs overhaul

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
The thieve system really needs some adjustment.

Sometimes the eye remains open even if ALL npc look somewhere else and you wear two sets with detection radius reduction bonus each.

It just makes no sense as it is now and really deserves some love from developers.
Edited by AnduinTryggva on 27 August 2024 14:53
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hidden system in the game has issues, and always has. It is rather confusing, as they eye does not always mean what people expect it to mean.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know I have been doing the thieves guild quest line again on alts, with 3 sets each with the 2 meter reduction bonus and the CP passive with the 3 meter reduction bonus, was sneaking nearly halfway within the detection area circle of the guards with those lanterns that give off a visible detection area without them noticing.

5 pieces of Night mother's embrace, 3 pieces of Night terror and 4 pieces of Darloc Brae. I use to use the set up when I was sky shard hunting in PVP zones and doing the various PVE quests in Cyrodiil, other than pre determined forced detection spots I could walk through delves without the enemies ever noticing me.