Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How can I tell what expansions I have access to?

halldorr
halldorr
Soul Shriven
I have ESO through Steam but I can't tell what expansions I have access to. Was considering buying the newest one but don't know if I need to buy the collection one or not.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open your Collections (U).

Click on the second tab, Stories.

Go down the list on the left, clicking on each item one by one:

- Chapter
    - - Gold Road

- Dungeon DLC
    - - Bedlam Veil
    - - Oathsworn Pit
    - - etc. etc.

- Zone DLC
    - - Necrom
    - - Firesong
    - - High Isle
    - - etc. etc.

As you click on each item, look to the right, below the picture, and see whether it says "Collected" or not.

You might want to focus on the former-chapter DLCs first, since you're wondering if you need to get the Gold Road Collection:

- Necrom
    - High Isle
    - Blackwood
    - Greymoor
    - Elsweyr
    - Summerset
    - Morrowind
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Calagari
    Calagari
    If you accept the quests do you also have to unlock it permanently?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calagari wrote: »

you can only finish the quests if you have access to the zones they're in.
    and you gain access through ESO Plus or purchasing the zone's dlc or chapter.

so for example,
    if you accept the Summerset zone story quest during an eso plus trial you cannot finish it after the trial ends.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calagari wrote: »

If you accept a quest that you can't complete without being able to access chapter or DLC content that you don't have access to, you should be able to abandon the quest by opening your quest journal (J), clicking on the quest, and selecting the option to abandon that quest. Then you can just re-accept that quest in the future if you do gain access to the necessary content.

Alternatively, you could just let the unfinished quest sit there in your quest journal, in case you don't want to abandon it and think you might get access to the necessary content in the future, but you can only have 25 active quests in your journal, so every unfinished quest that's sitting in your journal is one less quest you can accept-- although that isn't a problem as long as you don't fall into the habit of having 12 or more unfinished quests sitting in your journal, since you don't usually accept a lot of new quests at the same time, except for situations like doing daily crafting writs (which requires 7 available quest slots in your journal unless you're okay with making multiple trips to the writ boards), or questing through a zone for the first time (when you might want to accept every miscellaneous side quest as you travel through the zone), or possibly during events.

I'm not sure from the wording of your question, but just in case-- If you accept and complete a quest that you have temporary access to, such as through an ESO Plus subscription, but later you lose access to that content, the completed quest will still be credited to your character or account, meaning any achievements or special rewards that you earned by completing the quest (such as mementos, outfits, dyes, skill points, and so on). Thus, you do not need to permanently unlock the content in order to complete any quests related to that content.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that main quests for an zone and some other quests are multiple quests linked together.
    This state is preserved.
    Say you do the thief guild quest line up to the last major quest and accept it but newer finish it you will be back at this stage so only one major quest reminds if you buy the zone.
    You also keep the skills you learned.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.