Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Arcanist pvp

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
How you playing it..and what you plan on changing with the flail nerf..it somewhat takes the "burst" finish away from the mdw/vateshran set up
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plan is to log Sorcerer next patch.

I've been on the PTS. You need three Runeblades (or a scribing skill) and giving up Crux for shields just to use one Tentacle cast that's not doing that much more than what Flail already does on Live. Probably better off keep using Flail and just adding a proc set.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Replace it with Whirling Blades on the same build. Run Chakram and maybe also a scribble to generate Crux.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about giving up hybrid playstyle all together and going all into a magicka build with a lot of class skills. Probably deadly strike and malacath with something else. Arcanist charm stun into ultimate&beam combo is still really strong when it lands.

Still figuring out the class so be nice to see some builds that work besides mdw/vate.
    Edited by Udrath on 5 August 2024 17:44
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favourite is Bow for Arcanist on a poison build. I already use Escalating runeblades instead of flail because it synergizes better with bow. When using flail I would be hitting air half the time, the range is more limited than bow skills. And runeblades are kind of homing missile like, the other 2 runeblades follow the first blade. Poison injection is my execute, so I never needed the execute of flail.
    I just really wish they would add major savagery/prophecy to runeblades so I could drop camo hunter. Might try Crit potions, although I hate relying on potions for offensive buffs.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favourite is Bow for Arcanist on a poison build. I already use Escalating runeblades instead of flail because it synergizes better with bow. When using flail I would be hitting air half the time, the range is more limited than bow skills. And runeblades are kind of homing missile like, the other 2 runeblades follow the first blade. Poison injection is my execute, so I never needed the execute of flail.
    I just really wish they would add major savagery/prophecy to runeblades so I could drop camo hunter. Might try Crit potions, although I hate relying on potions for offensive buffs.

It's been awhile since I've kept track of ZOS's changes, but if I recall, 22 ranged skills like Runeblades remain at 22 while 28 range skills (such as bow & staffs) can get over 40 via Battlespirit + some Assault Line passives.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been awhile since I've kept track of ZOS's changes, but if I recall, 22 ranged skills like Runeblades remain at 22 while 28 range skills (such as bow & staffs) can get over 40 via Battlespirit + some Assault Line passives.

With impervious runeward and the fact that Arcanist has poor mobility and cannot escape really, you just brawl at pretty close range with a bow. You're not hiding and sneaking around like a nightblade. Since all crux is reserved for impervious runeward I can use it every 6 seconds or more if I have to, not much different from how mag sorc uses hardened ward.

You cant use flail if you're using sheer venom and swamp raider. Flail will proc sheer venom when you don't want it to. You want sheer venom to proc with poison injection when they're at low health.

I guess now that they're removing the execute from flail it could work now. But I like the way the runeblades move better.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the range buff only applied to skills with a 28m range. What I don’t get is that there are a few melee skills with a range of 12m. There are range skills with range of 15m and 22m. IMO, melee should be 5-8: but have a higher damage value than ranged skills. AoE you drop should have a range of 20m, multiple target range should be 24m, and single target range should have a range of 28m.
    Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on 7 August 2024 13:07
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experiment with the back jump (it's goes where you are facing with the mouse, not the position you are in on the ground, so enemies can't tell where u will land) with a heal (there's even an ally heal) or a pull if you want some fun. It'll sail across the D riing and you can add RoA to it, which is handy if you're not fond of ball groups on your keep walls or any other conveniently high terrain. Just be aware it won't go up or over even the smallest rock or hill. Sadly I don't have a friend with Warden gate but I'm sure some of you do...
    Edited by merevie on 16 August 2024 21:09