Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vicious Death set. Does it proc off of siege weapon damage?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
See subject line. Set notes "(5 items) Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration, When you kill a Player, they violently explode for 3322 Flame damage to all other enemies in a 5 meter radius. This effect scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage."

I googled the question but could not find a definite answer. It appears from the set notes it should.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would go with no, as its the siege weapon killing the player, not you.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Siege weapons count as player sourced damage - it's why Elf Bane with Coldfire siege is so potent.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Siege weapons count as player sourced damage - it's why Elf Bane with Coldfire siege is so potent.

Interesting. Did not know that.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well they fixed the elf bane interaction with fire siege (i dont remember if it was U40 or U41)

but i believe VD still works though, as this is triggered whenever you cause a killing blow, and siege is still considered your dmg
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This got fixed a couple of patches ago because it was being abused like crazy by a certain few "well known" players.
    Players in a tank build would place down coldfire in open field and just wipe groups with 8-10s coldfire DoTs (couldn't realistically purge them since another of the small scale group/duo would run plaguebreak dropping that on the enemy group meaning if they purged the coldfire the plaguebreak would wipe them).
    The thing was, this was just as effective against solo players and small scales as it was against uncoordinated groups since they couldn't realistically outheal the coldfire DoT + incoming DPS pressure of 2 players for that long of a duration. The only playstyle unaffected by that interaction was ball groups since their passive healing over time could easily outheal the coldfire DoT.

As for Vicious Death with sieges, not sure about this one, but Tbh, imo, no set should be interacting with siege damage unless it is designed specifically to do so (an idea for some future PvP sets). It just creates interactions/issues that need to be fixed later.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, very much appreciated.
  • evLRise
    evLRise
    There's plenty of sets that proc off siege damage.
    Sellistrix, dark convergence, pillars of nirn, vicious death to name a few.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And deadly strike with any dot damage.
  • Orbital78
    Orbital78
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elfbane was nerfed a long time ago, I used to use it with vicious death. I think they removed vd as well with siege. I'm super casual with going into Cyrodiil though, mostly to one and done alts.
  • Bammlschwamml
    Bammlschwamml
    ✭✭✭
    Playstation Patch Notes Update 40:
    "Fixed an issue where the damage from siege weaponry could trigger many conditional requirements, such as Vicious Death, when you killed an enemy."
    Edited by Bammlschwamml on 16 August 2024 08:09