Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Harrowing Tale of why you should check which Leads you actually get...

Thal
Thal
✭✭✭
Honestly, I'm pretty amused by this despite farming Underweave bosses unsuccessfully for 28 (yes... 28) straight hours of playtime to get the Lucent Cabochon lead.

So like many of us, I was attempting to unlock the Velothi Ur-Mage's Amulet for Arcanist. I blasted through 4 leads quickly, and the second target was the Gold Manidular Cradle from Matron Chruchak in Cammonnaruhn.

What I DID NOT realize, is the first time I killed Matron Chruchak, it actually dropped the Lucent Cabochon. I scried the 1st 4 leads I had and moved onto the Underweave (I'd never been in there prior to scrying 4/5 leads, so there is no user error here other than not reading. I take full accountability for that LOL).

TLDR 28 consecutive farming hours across 4 characters camped at Public Dungeon Bosses (1000+ Kills) later and 1 XBOX maintenance later (I'm assuming this was part of the maintenance), my friend asked me if I was sure I was where I needed to be... checked Antiquities and I indeed had the Lucent Cabochon, not the Gold Manidular Cradle.

Left the Public Dungeon, went back to the Matron and went 1/1 on the correct Lead.

Read your leads folks... especially in the first week after a new update. Don't be like me.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 1 July 2023 03:37
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the same thing for some WB in Alik'r. Killed it at least 20 times before I decided to double-check and discovered had already dug that piece up. All I could do was just laugh at myself.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is why i feel bad for all those poor console people who have to rely on the in game antiquity menu lol

never had this problem with display leads addon, i always know which leads i have available to scry in a neat and tidy list lol, regardless of which location im in
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It took me abut 50 attempts at world boss dailies in vvardenfell to get that one lead. 3 times on 3 characters every day for about 5 days. Thought I was losing my mind.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been there, did that with a different mythic, so I feel your pain :s
    It's what prompted me to go find the addon @Necrotech_Master mentioned.
    So I can't say I learned from my mistakes, but I have found a workaround for my shortsightedness :D

Still, congratulations on your lead I guess ;)
    It helps if you remind yourself of the XP, loot and gold you got despite it all.

At least I keep telling myself it helps.
    Kinda.

Maybe.

A little.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm annoyed that I picked up a golden lead for something in a zone I do not own. Can't remember what it was but it dropped as soon as Necrom landed, and will have expired long before I buy the chapter...
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm annoyed that I picked up a golden lead for something in a zone I do not own. Can't remember what it was but it dropped as soon as Necrom landed, and will have expired long before I buy the chapter...

Yeah. It's always been like that. I had expired leads in W Skyrim long before I bought the chapter (which I finally did because I wanted the free house).

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Thal
    Thal
    ✭✭✭
    this is why i feel bad for all those poor console people who have to rely on the in game antiquity menu lol

never had this problem with display leads addon, i always know which leads i have available to scry in a neat and tidy list lol, regardless of which location im in

Yeah - poor console player here.

Good news, I got 2 out of 5 leads from the same delve boss at the end of it all. Working as intended
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realize the lead that dropped from doing mages guild dailies dropped from the [ibcoffer[/i]

I did probably 20 of the quests until a friend who was patiently sharing them with me from all his toons asked if I was "sure I had opened all my coffers?"

I had not.

Got the lead first coffer.
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did the same with the gaze of sithis. I dropped into the dark brotherhood everyday for a couple of weeks before I realised it was a different lead I needed.
    PC - NA
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    atoll of immolation --- cant remember which mythic i was farming for.

i had 5 characters all parked there and i would switch out as soon as i killed the boss ---- i did this over 200 times across four days before my gf told me to double check the leads i had.

i had already had it.

never been so damn mad at myself in my life.

• ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's giving out advice to help others.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, is the Lucent Cabochon actually meant to be in the Underweave, or in Cammonaruhn? Because I've been having problems trying to get Lucent Cabochon in Underweave.

Update: Okay I got it lol
    Edited by fall0athboy on 15 July 2024 07:45