Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which affix script should I use with dazing soul?

LittlePinkDot
LittlePinkDot
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm wondering which affix script I should use on my PvP Bowcanist. I decided to replace my crux generator skill with soul wield that will have stun focus script and create a crux with the class
master signature script.
But I can't decide between the major intellect/endurance affix script or the major vitality/12% shield strength script...

One one hand I can run out of resources frequently, but that's because I'm spamming audacious runemend and vigor because Arcanist healing sucks. But major intellect also helps with Magicka sustain for impervious Runeward.
So do I get major endurance/intellect to get more resources? Or do I get major vitality so my skills heal more with each cast? The 12% shield strength is just a bonus.
Edited by LittlePinkDot on 29 June 2024 02:08

Which affix script should I use with dazing soul? 11 votes

Major endurance and intellect.
18%
taugrimmoo_2021 2 votes
Major vitality/12% shield strength
81%
Joy_DivisionKartalinIts_JEHxylena_lazarowTheignsonhaelgaanMidniteOwl1913i11ionwardMajor_Toughness 9 votes
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resources are relatively easier to get. Major vitality isn't.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get major endurance / intellect from resource pots. If you need just one resource, cheapest pots in the game get you covered. Otherwise, tripots.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The major resource buff could allow you to run Armor pots that have an unnamed stackable buff, but since healing is a lot stronger than Armor in this meta, I'd go with the Vitality.

v2o1brsyiksh.png
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The major resource buff could allow you to run Armor pots that have an unnamed stackable buff, but since healing is a lot stronger than Armor in this meta, I'd go with the Vitality.

v2o1brsyiksh.png

Its mandatory I use the class mastery signature script for crux since I'm replacing my crux generator. Bar space is a issue. Having the crux generator and the stun occupy the same bar slot is what's going to solve my problem.

The final affix script is just gravy on top.
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on 29 June 2024 14:27
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right, just replace the sig script in the screenshot with the class one, same difference. Curious what your bars are that you're replacing the op stun, Arc doesn't really bring much to the PvP table other than the op stun and group shields.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right, just replace the sig script in the screenshot with the class one, same difference. Curious what your bars are that you're replacing the op stun, Arc doesn't really bring much to the PvP table other than the op stun and group shields.

I don't have bar space for the stun at all. My front bar is lethal arrow, abyssal impact or escalating rune blades, poison injection, camo hunter and impervious runeward. Ultimate is toxic barrage. She's a poison build with swamp raider and sheer venom.

I call her the Arcanist that's trying not to be an Arcanist lol

At first I was looking for something else that would give major savagery so I could replace camp hunter but realized I can't put that on dazing soul at all. Then had the Epiphany I can create crux with it.
    Dazing soul has the range I need too, none of arcanists generators shoot as far as bow skills. Half the time I'm just hitting air, but Rune blades at least hit more frequently.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That build is okay on Arc, but really good on Sorc. You've got a lot of similarly functioning direct damage skills competing for GCDs, making you very slow, where a Sorc can rotate properly and land them all at the same time.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That build is okay on Arc, but really good on Sorc. You've got a lot of similarly functioning direct damage skills competing for GCDs, making you very slow, where a Sorc can rotate properly and land them all at the same time.

I don't really pay attention to GCD's, not even sure what it means to be honest.
    I don't see why sorc would be able to fire off lethal arrows or poison injection any faster. It's the same skills. I use 3x Swift for movement speed since Arcanist typically has poor mobility.

But I'm happy that tome bearers inspiration's major brutality is passive without needing to activate the skill. I hate that Crit surge is only 20 seconds. I'm kind of a set it and forget it kinda person.
    Other than healing on the back bar the only other reason I have to go back bar is for weakness to elements. It synergizes well with arcanists passive that increases status effect damage and chance %.

I have a stam sorc but she's a shrouded daggers with whirling blades spin to win build. I tried the new hardened ward on her but it doesn't scale with stamina so it's nowhere near as good as impervious runeward.

I can brawl in pretty close combat with the Bowcanist because of cruxweaver armour, impervious runeward and bloodspawn. I don't run away at damage, I eat it until I can't heal anymore because I'm running out of stamina or can't shield anymore because I'm running out of Magicka.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really pay attention to GCD's, not even sure what it means to be honest.
    Not really sure how to say this, but it would pay off to learn the fundamentals first, you won't have the tools to meaningfully parse the pragmatic effects of Affix Scripts on your performance without understanding how the Global Cool Down limits the frequency of actions, the different types of GCDs, and all the actions that can be performed off GCD.

Does anyone have a good source for her to learn? I unfortunately don't, and this would be very long.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really sure how to say this, but it would pay off to learn the fundamentals first, you won't have the tools to meaningfully parse the pragmatic effects of Affix Scripts on your performance without understanding how the Global Cool Down limits the frequency of actions, the different types of GCDs, and all the actions that can be performed off GCD.

Does anyone have a good source for her to learn? I unfortunately don't, and this would be very long.

I assumed any effects a skill has is applied when I fire off the skill.
    After I hit target and it stuns (assuming they don't have immunity already) I gain a crux and the major vitality and 12% shield strength triggers, then I can pop my shield if I'm getting hit.
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on 29 June 2024 17:09
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed what I assume is a bug in Dazing Soul.

It won't fire if there is a vertical height difference. It says its 41m but won't fire, for example from sej roof to porch, or even from the steps to the flags or bottom of the steps in Sej.

Can anyone else confirm this? It is a big bug if true.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To put it simply so Xy doesn't have to type a lot:

You need burst damage in PvP which is multiple skills hitting at once. You can only cast 1 skill per second (that is what GCD is: there is a delay between skills). But, eg on a Sorc, if you cast Haunting curse, it doesn't explode for 3.5 seconds. This means you can cast other skills so that they all land at the same time ( for example, you could cast a crystal frag and a Mages wrath, the Mages wrath won't go off unless their health drops, but if it does, you can have 3 skills plus all the status effects etc all hit at once).

The same thing happens with Warden Shalks: it is delayed for 2 seconds, so you cast it, then do your heavy attack/brawler (or whatever) and then DB and they all land about the same time.

These are called combinations.

Combinations that stun the player have the same effect because they allow you to land a second skill while the player is stunned.

The simplest one is NB: at a distance they pew-pew-pwe light attacks to get a free 400 weapon damage plus a 20k bow. Then they stealth, stun with incap and fire their spectral bow. Since spectral bow is so ridiculously OP and ignores resists etc, you can get 40k damage from that combo.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »

You need burst damage in PvP which is multiple skills hitting at once. You can only cast 1 skill per second (that is what GCD is: there is a delay between skills). But, eg on a Sorc, if you cast Haunting curse, it doesn't explode for 3.5 seconds. This means you can cast other skills so that they all land at the same time ( for example, you could cast a crystal frag and a Mages wrath, the Mages wrath won't go off unless their health drops, but if it does, you can have 3 skills plus all the status effects etc all hit at once).

The same thing happens with Warden Shalks: it is delayed for 2 seconds, so you cast it, then do your heavy attack/brawler (or whatever) and then DB and they all land about the same time.

Combinations that stun the player have the same effect because they allow you to land a second skill while the player is stunned.

The simplest one is NB: at a distance they pew-pew-pwe light attacks to get a free 400 weapon damage plus a 20k bow. Then they stealth, stun with incap and fire their spectral bow. Since spectral bow is so ridiculously OP and ignores resists etc, you can get 40k damage from that combo.

Yes doing combinations is the goal. I just never bothered to refer to it as a global cool down.

Funny you should mention nightblade. I have a magblade but I do better with my Bowcanist than I do my magblade. You cant pew pew light attacks from a distance with a dw magblade unless you switch to destruction staff back bar. But I really hate bar swapping during an opening attack. I barely ever get a merciless resolve off. And the targeting of melee skills is harder.
    Even my sorc is better to play, just shrouded daggers->streak stun-> spin to win button smash.

I think the effectiveness of a build is very dependent on who's playing them. Nightblade is good in other people's hands, but not mine.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed, but I doubt it's a bug, but a clever way of balancing a 41m stun. Good addition to the meta.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed, but I doubt it's a bug, but a clever way of balancing a 41m stun. Good addition to the meta.

Xy,
    I tried your build on my warden. Working to get the rotation right but its a powerful build. I did get caught by a NB once and my squishiness showed. Thanks for posting your ideas.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes doing combinations is the goal. I just never bothered to refer to it as a global cool down.

Funny you should mention nightblade. I have a magblade but I do better with my Bowcanist than I do my magblade. You cant pew pew light attacks from a distance with a dw magblade unless you switch to destruction staff back bar. But I really hate bar swapping during an opening attack. I barely ever get a merciless resolve off. And the targeting of melee skills is harder.
    Even my sorc is better to play, just shrouded daggers->streak stun-> spin to win button smash.

I think the effectiveness of a build is very dependent on who's playing them. Nightblade is good in other people's hands, but not mine.

Right, many NB run Icestaff back bar now and Pew-pew-pew LA with elemental succession from a distance until they build their merciless resolve. Then they switch to DW front bar, cloak, and pop the Incap/merciless resolve with some LA/bash thrown in.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xy, I tried your build on my warden. Working to get the rotation right but its a powerful build. I did get caught by a NB once and my squishiness showed. Thanks for posting your ideas.
    You're welcome! Me too on the rotation and class in general. The squishiness gets easier to deal with as you get used to using Warden's high major speed uptime, spammable purge, and of course op heals to negate damage. Went back to Sustained by Suffering in red cp over the sprint one. I'll keep working on it.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major endurance and intellect.
    resource because I want to play pvp for free.