lag desyncs or just plain bad player?

Rlacoste
Rlacoste
✭✭✭
How can one tell the difference? I can't 1vs1 a Templar, jave and radiant oppression kills me, my skills look like they are firing but in the log I do minimal damage compared to his/her 60k dmg.
DK and NB stuns are undefendable, break free works 5 secs after activating or don't activate period. CC immunity doesn't exist. Sorc overload skill totally desyncs me, full HP to 0 just like that. lol
If my lag is low and my HP drops to 0 in an instant, that couldn't be lag could it? If I need a better ISP I'm out of luck lol

Any tricks to defending vs these skills? Oppression you need to hide behind a tree or wall lol Block will work but they'll spam that skill until you die.
  • Rhorlak_Wulfmare
    Rhorlak_Wulfmare
    ✭✭✭
    The slippery CP may help if you are playing in a CP environment, also layering your break free with a roll dodge can help especially against Sorcs NBs and DKs. As far as the beam block LOS or interrupting is your best bet as you mentioned.
    Edited by Rhorlak_Wulfmare on 18 June 2024 17:21
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slippery CP helps as mentioned above, you can also try binding break free to a single key instead of LMB+RMB. The templar beam is blockable. Run a blocking weapon, block more, get used to managing resources block casting your heals.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The beam is 50/50 with LoS. I go behind boulders, building, large trees and at times the beam goes through the item blocking LoS. Best way is interrupting. IMO a dodge roll should break that LoS and make the skill unavailable until it reaches the end of channeling.
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you desync a lot, and your break free lags badly against javs, incap, etc, it might be due to a wireless connection

if this is the case, youre gonna get cc’d to death unless you build tanky [snip]

fun fun

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 22 June 2024 14:58
    Options