Significant Game Performance Issues

greytday137
greytday137
✭✭✭
The PS/NA servers once again seem to be in some form of crisis. Beginning on Monday, the game has experienced so many issues, it has become virtually unplayable. Within moments of getting into content, the game would freeze so hard for a couple of people that you couldn't see what mechanics were happening, and then it would speed to catch up. Here is a clip of Earthen Root Enclave HM that we had to abandon because of the issues:

https://youtu.be/ZbMi-Cngfys

Tonight we had 4 people freeze so bad we had to abandon the first instance of Sunspire for our Godslayer prog. We left, disbanded, reset, the instance, and had the same issue again. It doesn't effect everyone, but for the effected player, the game is unplayable. What is going on, and what is being done to resolve this issue before the game dies?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @greytday137

Has everyone having this issue already tried clearing save data and power-cycling afterwards?

Steps for doing so can be found here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • greytday137
    greytday137
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @greytday137

Has everyone having this issue already tried clearing save data and power-cycling afterwards?

Steps for doing so can be found here.

Yes. We tried all of those things, and we were still having the issues. I would say it seems to instance based, but my husband was having issues overland as well. These issues are pervasive, widely reported on the forums and on Reddit, and yet we don't know what is going on or when a fix is coming. Hoping for some answers soon.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @greytday137

Thanks for the update that you and your friends have already tried troubleshooting these performance issues. If you've not done so yet, I would recommend opening a ticket with our support team which can be done so here.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • AzurasCry
    AzurasCry
    ✭✭
    Hello,
    I have been struggling with similar problems and more. I have recently returned to the game with a fresh download and install on my ps4.
    The problems I can mention of the top of my mind atm are as follows:
    Lag.
    Freeze Frame.
    Input delay or not registering, especially break free.
    When certain skills (arcanist skills usually) or set effects activate the game freezes for a bit making it impossible to react or break free.
    Getting near pvp combat zones even in battlegrounds similar problems.
    Certain skills such as empowering grasp unable to hit summons 9 out of 10+ times no matter which direction I cast the skill. But I noticed the 2 times it hit may skeleton arcanist, I was facing forward with the summon facing the same direction and was to my left. When I direct the wave at mom summon or other directions it always missed, making the skill a dead skill because its hitbox unviable.
    I noticed the freeze frame happening a lot in my last BG, more like always, when the sound for Tarnished Nightmare played, so maybe the proc of the set is causing some performance issues. I could hear it, but because the game froze, I couldn't do anything.
    Toggling between front and back weapons can cause freezes.
    I hope these are fixed soon and thank you for you time,
    AzurasCry.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three different people had a disconnect during Lucent Citadel on PC NA this evening. For me, the game froze and then the error report message box came up. Worse, the game showed me as still online so it was a while before I was able to successfully log back in. The three of us who dc’ed were able to loot the final chest but the trial quest bugged for us (I think all of is were still on the locate the arcane knot phase despite dc’ing at different points — me while we were carrying back the knot.

Then later I queued for a BG and got stuck on an infinite load screen. :(
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @AzurasCry and @Araneae6537

Have you started a support ticket yet?

If so, you can provide your ticket number in this thread.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I submitted a ticket regarding the crashes and quest progress in Lucent Citadel: 240614-004533

If it is helpful to submit tickets for instances of crashes, infinite loading screens, etc., I will submit additional tickets when and if these occur.

Thank you for your attention in this matter!
    Options
  • AzurasCry
    AzurasCry
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill
    I haven't submitted a ticket, but I'll probably do one later. I just ran into another problem right now. I completed Scrivener's hall but right at the end, I got a frame freeze that froze my game. I had to force quit and restart the game. Unfortunately, I have to rerun the entire dungeon again to hand in my quest for the skill point.
    Also, just trying to scroll through my bank the game keeps freezing, like jittering.
    Edited by AzurasCry on 15 June 2024 02:52
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Second ticket submitted tonight after failing to load into Vvardenfell and getting kicked to login: 240614-007312
    This ticket also contains a Game Consultant report, although that shouldn’t be the problem since 1) my computer is new with little else yet installed and 2) I seem to get more or fewer errors in sync with multiple other players in my guilds and on the forum.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzurasCry wrote: »
    @ZOS_Bill
    I haven't submitted a ticket, but I'll probably do one later. I just ran into another problem right now. I completed Scrivener's hall but right at the end, I got a frame freeze that froze my game. I had to force quit and restart the game. Unfortunately, I have to rerun the entire dungeon again to hand in my quest for the skill point.
    Also, just trying to scroll through my bank the game keeps freezing, like jittering.

You can probably talk to Keshargo at the beginning of the dungeon to turn in your quest — so long as all the previous steps are registered and you just need to turn the quest in. I believe most of the newer dungeons (since Blackwood) work that way.

I’ve been encountering rather a lot of crashes tonight just in overland. :/
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Araneae6537

Thanks for your ticket number. I've sent you a forum PM with some details regarding your ticket.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @AzurasCry

If you decided to start a ticket, you are welcome to post it here for any updates.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixing the disconnecting and lag issues should be the #1 priority at ZOS right now.
    Options