is zos able to issue a refund that someone is entitled to?

mdb800
mdb800
✭✭✭
I'm not going to go into the details of my issue because that's not what the forums are for and that their case case basis. This is more of a general question.

Can zos make a refund if they deem the refund request valid and reasonable?

There is a technical issue with billing and Sony is refusing to look into it; Sony now outsources their phone support to contractors and I spoke with them over the phone and they tried to help me the best that they could but couldn't address my issue because it doesn't fit into a cookie cutter situation that they are used to. I was stuck using chats for agents And to simply put they would not let me talk. They would not let me type, And they kept antagonizing me by restructuring the issue into something it is not.
Unauthorized charges were made because of a bug and we know it's because of a bug and I have proof that it's because of a bug. Furthermore, I screenshot the conversation.
I submitted a ticket with zos And I want to know ahead of time what they can and cannot do when it comes to refunds with Playstation.

The customer support was very very aggressive and I would like my chance to prove that. However, the form only allows me to put one screenshot and there's about 20 screenshots that I need to share. So what is done in that situation when more screenshots need to be shared than what is allowed on the initial ticket submission?

Also one statement I really want to make And I'm not trying to antagonize the community by saying this or any staff of zos but anyone reading this; do not do digital purchases with your credit card for PlayStation, period.
Do not by chapters with it, do not buy crowns with it, do not buy DLC with it, And do not subscribe to eso plus with it.
Even if you are within their 14-day return window, they will not honor any refund requests despite any acknowledgment that there is a technical issue on their end.
I highly recommend just starting on a new platform (something that makes me hypocrite as I'm not doing that ,I have so much time on the PlayStation and don't want to lose everything, it would break me mentally if I did) or just using prepaid PlayStation gift cards And only loading what you need at a time. [snip]

I have spent my entire day taking insults, insinuation and taunts from PSN support: at the time of reading this I am having no sleep as I'm trying to research on what to do with this.
Zos should make platform transfers a top priority in my opinion and I'm sure others have that opinion as well [snip] Nobody should be taunted to tears just because they experienced a technical issue.

[edited for bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 21 May 2024 10:21
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the PlayStation® Technical Support section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems what would be better suited is to actually help this person
    Options
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Generally it is helpful to provide your ZoS ticket number here in these cases so a mod can look into it for you.

Also only raise one ticket and reply to any canned responses you get, eventually you will get a real person answering and you will be able to explain fully to them.

I will tag a couple of mods for you, to help you get some attention.

@ZOS_Bill @ZOS_Kevin

Good luck hope you get it sorted!! <3
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
    Options
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,
    Do you have a ticket number we can look up?
    Options
    Staff Post
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    240521-001104
    Options
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    I have a question due to something new with a conversation that I have had with Sony and it is this: If I remove my credit card from my PSN account now, would I face any punitive action? They're making it sound like I have to keep my card on file or "else".

Options
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭✭
    mdb800 wrote: »
    I have a question due to something new with a conversation that I have had with Sony and it is this: If I remove my credit card from my PSN account now, would I face any punitive action? They're making it sound like I have to keep my card on file or "else".

no one has a right to your money. i cant say what consequences they might inflict but there's no way they can require you to keep that card on file. If you are truly concerned then use cash app or some other reloadable card to satisfy their so called requirement. that way you dont give the any more than you desire at any given time.
    Options
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    I'm giving an update: I was actually able to talk to phone support for Sony and not a contractor (so my understanding is for certain hours Sony has their own customer support and then they outsource it after certain hours) so I was actually able to deal with someone verbally who looked into this a little bit more. The things that were being said on chat were not appropriate and all they had to say was that I had to deal with zos: instead, the chat support was taking its time gaslighting in confusing the issue.

The technician I just spoke to made it clear under no uncertain terms that no one can make threats about me taking the credit card off file. He clarified that the only time they can sanction your account for taking the credit card off file is If someone goes to their bank first without contacting the publisher and requesting a charge back and creating a negative balance as a result.

To zos employees reading this: I'm just giving an update. I don't know if this is the proper place to do that. I apologize if not please understand. I'm just trying to be sincere about this. I am not in any way trying to break the bash rule; I'm trying to be informative if you read the ticket, I still have the same proof in the same screenshots and I truly hope that you're willing to look at them all before making a decision for what I requested on the ticket. Just understand. I went through a lot of stress dealing with the chat support with Sony as well as technical issues with my account with unauthorized charges. I just want to mention this here that there are people at Sony now in contrast to what I was mentioning in the ticket that are actually helping my case on the technical side but on the refund side I was told I have to request that from ZOS.

Hoping that I can contribute to community knowledge base with my case. I want to make it clear that when Sony makes a charge for elder scrolls online, they do so on behalf of the publisher and are unable to process refund requests. To do that it would be like Sony reaching into zo's pockets and taking money out.

I want to say thank you for investigating this in players chiming in and getting the attention of others that I didn't know and should get the attention from . However, I still have the issue at hand and I hope you look at my ticket. (I don't want to give a false impression that my issues resolved accidentally. It's not, It's just that there are now Sony employees that have spoken to that indicated that they do want to help and they want to investigate the bad behavior I was reporting and they do take that sort of thing very seriously)
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mdb800

Please check your forum inbox for an update on your existing ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post