Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combat Prayer for 4 man?

BejaProphet
BejaProphet
✭✭✭✭✭
Dabbling in the healer world when not tanking. Building my healer to not contribute personal DPS but massively buff my DDs.

My question is if combat prayer is worth using. My DD already brings minor berserk. But is it common for them to not have it?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bring combat prayer, even if both your dps self supply minor berserk it may not be with 100% uptime, there’s also minor resolve(?) from it, and its a good burst aoe heal, it’s one of those must-have healer skills.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of DDs run Camo Hunter, but that gives minor berserk if you attack from the flank. For healers, just assume that the DDs will provide a source for Major Brutality, Minor Force, Major Prophecy, Major Savagery, Minor Slayer, and/or Major Sorcery. Berserk, Heroism, Major Slayer, Courage, Mending, Intellect, Endurance, and Vitality are not going to be skills most DDs will provide or have a source for on their own.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From my time's pugging, I'd doubt many DPS bring the buffs combat prayer brings, but even if they do, it is still a nice aoe burst heal, and that kind of skill is always worth keeping around.
  • balthasars_darksideb16_ESO
    I like to use the Monster set Magma Incarnate (minor Courage + minor Resolve)
    + Spell Power Cure - giving the Group Minor and Major Courage
    I take combat prayer out in that case and switch between heal orb or a damage skill if heal is enough
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know this is unrelated to your question, but a fun off-meta healer setup in 4-man dungeons is Ultimate Build using Cryptcanon Vestment, Arkasis's set, and Drake's Rush Set. Be sure to tell the group at the start to drop Ultimate on cooldown to get the most benefit from it. It works best on a Necro as well. It is probably best to run Ghastly Eye Bowl food for the magicka recovery if needed.

Info:
    Cryptcanon Vestments Set - (1 item) You can no longer cast Ultimate abilities. Instead, casting an Ultimate ability transfers your Ultimate resource to your living group members, divided equally among them. Gain Minor Heroism while you are in combat.

Arkasis's Genius - (5 items) Whenever you drink a potion while in combat, you and 3 group members gain 44 Ultimate. This effect can occur once every 30 seconds.

Drake's rush - 5 items: When you Bash an enemy, you and up to 3 group members within 15 meters of you gain Major Heroism for 12 seconds, granting you 3 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 18 seconds.

Ghastly eye Bowl - Increase Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours. These effects are scaled based on your level.

Stay safe :)
    edit - spelling

Edited by Hotdog_23 on 18 May 2024 06:13