The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can I get only electrum nodes if I already have a CP 1600+ character?

Rowantree
Rowantree
✭✭
Just checking to see if I'm missing something...I have a character over 50 I do most of my farming on but I can't get it to the right level where I only get electrum nodes and not platinum nodes plus whatever my JC level is. Is there any way to set something so my farming character only gets electrum nodes? Is it even possible for a lower-than-50 level toon to get this, since electrum is (I think) CP 1 -80 or something, but the moment a lower level toon I have hits 50 it's automatically CP 1600+. As a side note I wish eso let us decide what level mats we want to be able to gather on particular toons, up to our crafting/character level. Makes it harder to farm mats I need for lower levels without farming on that lower level mat toon, which isn't necessarily the most efficient. Thanks for any help!
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there some reason you want a bunch of electrum? Once your characters hits 50+ you will be using platinum to craft gear for them.

PS5/NA
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. You have a 50/50 chance of getting a node to spawn at your character's level or your crafting level, so putting points into jewelry up to crafting electrum will allow those nodes to spawn. Same with all other crafting nodes.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
    Options
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once you've passed the level threshold, there isn't a way to get only electrum nodes to show. It can be a pain if you're trying to level the craft and don't have a good stockpile of the older materials to draw from. Best you can do is the 50/50 split, which sometimes doesn't feel very 50/50.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    metheglyn wrote: »
    Once you've passed the level threshold, there isn't a way to get only electrum nodes to show. It can be a pain if you're trying to level the craft and don't have a good stockpile of the older materials to draw from. Best you can do is the 50/50 split, which sometimes doesn't feel very 50/50.

The answer to the question in the title is a solid no. I have quoted an accurate answer.

Options
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others have already given you the answer. But why do you want to craft Electrum jewelry? If you are over 160 cp, then you don't really need Electrum for anything. Including leveling Jewelcrafting. Deconning platinum jewelry, especially intricate, will be far more effective.

This is one of the few cases where running the dolmen train in Alik'r is worth it (I hate running it). You get tons of jewelry that can be deconned for getting Jewelcrafting to lvl 50.
    Options
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after hitting CP160 half of resource nodes you get are Tier 10, another half matches your character craftskill level so you have to have Engraver 4 to get them Electrum

though there are other sources of Electrum
    1) daily crafting writs rewards may contain Electrum ounces
    2) gear items stolen by CP160 thief are normally Tier 9 (and Tier 4 for jewelry) - decon them, though you get quite a few mats
    3) Guild Traders - you can buy materials you lack from other players
    PC EU
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    (...) you have to have Engraver 4 to get them Electrum (...)
    ^^^
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rowantree wrote: »
    Makes it harder to farm mats I need for lower levels without farming on that lower level mat toon, which isn't necessarily the most efficient. Thanks for any help!

The only real need for lower tier mats is if you're making equipment for alts, and you can be efficient with that. You only need gear of every 5 or 10 levels, and can keep and share those between alts.

If your goal is to level your jewelcrafting, the most efficient way to do that and all of the equipment (including enchanting) crafts is just to repeat dolmens and deconstruct nearly everything.

In zones like Alik'r, Auridon and Deshaan there are people running them almost constantly and they're very easy to solo even at low levels. When you're your level, they're a breeze.

Sell white equipment, deconstruct everything else (including white glyphs).
    Options