Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Posts written by ZOS staff

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
In the Forum , posts written by ZOS staff show up in green.
I suggest that posts written by Moderators only to cut or delete posts that violate the rules are shown in another color, and that the circle that characterizes the thread that received a reply turns into a small triangle, in that case. We leave the little circle and its green color only for the actual responses of ZOS. In this way those looking for significant answers (the few, very few, that there are) can immediately distinguish and do not have to come across countless posts from the moderators every time, all the same and not particularly significant for those looking for answers.
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree.
    In this way it would be easier to find only those threads in which ZOS gave truly useful and interesting answers.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    most of the "important" zos posts show up in the dev tracker

not sure if the forum software allows them to mark a post as "moderation" or "informative" or if the post color is just tied to the account flag (if its admin or not)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a nice QoL addition.
    Often when looking at a thread that could have a mention of hopeful fix\solution\etc I'll just click the comments from staff ouroboros , but that often just goes to moderator posts. Would be convenient to tell them apart and save a bit of time.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there's a couple things here. First, the Vanilla forum backend is.... um.... not particularly flexible.

And second, I personally think there's a "back office" reason they choose not to implement this sort of thing - IF it's available.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

BokmbCp.png

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/tracker

Moderation posts are filtered-out.

Edited by Grizzbeorn on 27 April 2024 07:24
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • Varana
      Varana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I'm almost certain, though, that the tracker sometimes misses a genuine Dev or CM post. Not very frequently, but it happens (iirc).

That said, the suggestion of separating Dev and moderation posts has been brought up in the past, including in threads where the CMs were active.

(Maybe re-assigning roles and icons needs the forum to go into maintenance, and then suddenly regular users can post as mods, which means they have to shut down the forum immediately, temporarily ban everyone, extend forum maintenance, and do a roll back. After a month, everyone who was banned gets an additional star under their name.)
      Options
    • Rishikesa108
      Rishikesa108
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Varana wrote: »
      (Maybe re-assigning roles and icons needs the forum to go into maintenance, and then suddenly regular users can post as mods, which means they have to shut down the forum immediately, temporarily ban everyone, extend forum maintenance, and do a roll back. After a month, everyone who was banned gets an additional star under their name.)

ROTFL :D

Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
      Options
    • Gandalf_72
      Gandalf_72
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm almost certain, though, that the tracker sometimes misses a genuine Dev or CM post. Not very frequently, but it happens (iirc).

That said, the suggestion of separating Dev and moderation posts has been brought up in the past, including in threads where the CMs were active.

giphy.gif
      PC | EU
      Options
    • Vulkunne
      Vulkunne
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not two stars? How 'bout three? It would probably take a couple days though. :p
      Edited by Vulkunne on 27 April 2024 23:56
      Today Victory is mine, Long Live the Empire. GG
      Options