The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Could be worse.

barney2525
barney2525
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Well, we may have some hiccups, but compared to Archeage it's still a wonderful game.

They just announced officially Ending the Archeage game.

and it's Not April 1st

:#
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of it :)
    Options
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Archeage ended years ago?
    Give us clannfear mounts!
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sister played it for a while, but hasn't been back any time lately - unlike me., she's a "grazer" when it comes to games, tries everything, gets tired of games really fast, goes on to something else.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I played until I became a victim of a vast global conspiracy to steal my potatoes.
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

no

its as old as ESO. went through 3 publishers. Trion, Gamigo, and Kakao who does BDO.

put out a roadmap for the year few weeks ago included adding a new race. Now they announced NA server is closing forever end of June.

Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I played until I became a victim of a vast global conspiracy to steal my potatoes.

Yeah. had to hoard mine

Options
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

no

its as old as ESO. went through 3 publishers. Trion, Gamigo, and Kakao who does BDO.

put out a roadmap for the year few weeks ago included adding a new race. Now they announced NA server is closing forever end of June.

i wonder what caused such a sudden and drastic shift.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
    Options
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to get into it but I heard things and was so glad I didnt'
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

no

i wonder what caused such a sudden and drastic shift.

as a guess their business model was junk. instead of trying to bring in new players and get them up to End Game competitiveness, they pushed the End Game Gear Scores up from 20k to 30k. That means anyone starting new will have to play at least 2 years to even attempt to get involved, unless they spend hundreds of dollars.

just a guess

IMHO
    Options
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was a heavily P2W game sadly
    Options
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭
    One day this will happen to eso too. All of our precious items will go poof and all we'll have are the friends we made and the memories of the good times.

The moral of the story is to focus on the latter two items. The items are just the means to an end and ultimately worthless fluff by themselves.

Edited by Desiato on 25 April 2024 15:12
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desiato wrote: »
    One day this will happen to eso too. All of our precious items will go poof and all we'll have are the friends we made and the memories of the good times.

The moral of the story is to focus on the latter two items. The items are just the means to an end and ultimately worthless fluff by themselves.

That's true of all games, one way or another.

Even if the game is still available sooner or later you'll stop playing it for some reason, and then none of the items, achievements or other stuff will have any use, but you'll still have the experiences and the memories. I don't feel like the time I spent on other games was wasted, even if I don't (or can't) play them any more. I had fun with it and in some cases learned things, even if that's just how to play that genre of game. I've also made friends from games and their communities which outlasted both.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭

For those of us who play to PvP and have since 2015 have already seen almost all our friends go poof and leave the game. But the good times were already gone with the super low pop caps and performance issues, that's why they all left.
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

yeah.

thats why I occasionally take screenshots

Options
  • Tensar
    Tensar
    ✭✭✭✭
    After an anniversary like this I just hope it's the last anniversary of this game and it will simply die.
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tensar wrote: »
    After an anniversary like this I just hope it's the last anniversary of this game and it will simply die.

today I got word a game I was a Founder in 10 years ago dies in June.

had enough of my games ending for awhile.

Options
  • Lillisia
    Lillisia
    ✭✭✭
    It may have gotten worse. Some players are now reporting that their charter screen is blank...as in there is no characters showing. They went poof. Hopefully we aren't in for more downtime. :#
    Edited by Lillisia on 25 April 2024 16:23
    PC NA. Despite my forum account saying I am new to ESO, I am not. I have been playing since 2015.
    Have a good day everyone. Practice smiling and showing others love. It will go a long ways.
    Options
  • Lillisia
    Lillisia
    ✭✭✭
    And the server is down. Yet again.
    Edited by Lillisia on 25 April 2024 16:24
    PC NA. Despite my forum account saying I am new to ESO, I am not. I have been playing since 2015.
    Have a good day everyone. Practice smiling and showing others love. It will go a long ways.
    Options
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread aged well...all things considered.
    Options
  • Nucklez
    Nucklez
    ✭✭
    Archeage was a game I played for many years before starting ESO. I was highly addicted to it. One of the reason I quit was because of the cash shop. The server I played had so many "whales" that spent so much real cash on the P2W shop to better the chances of upgrading their gear that there was no way to compete with them. Even if someone spent $100 a month they could not compete with these people. A lot of the game was PVP based aside from the potato farmers, which I became and hoarded land. One of the best housing systems I've came across since Ultima Online. It was awesome to actually have neighbors instead of instanced housing. Aside from the mandatory cash shop purchases to upgrade your transport vehicles to anything beyond the default beginner level cart, and mostly mandatory cash shop items to increase the chance of upgrading your gear, they offered server transfers for real cash. They also loved the idea of "Fresh Start" servers where everyone would just quit their current server and start new on the "Fresh Start" servers, while Kakao/Gamigo/Trion would cash in on everyone repurchasing the mandatory vehicle upgrades and tons gear upgrades all over again and again. That game ended up as pay to win as you can get.

On top of that, the grind for gear was the worst I've ever seen. On one hand I loved that you could craft the best gear in the game. The bad news is the upgrade for crafting anything to help you survive a trade run through a PVP zone was so reliant on RNG. If you failed your upgrade you had the chance of destroying your gear. It had RNG stats when it's crafted, and you had to RNG upgrade your pieces many many times with lower and lower chances of success with each upgrade. I'm talking Ul'vor Staff cosmetic level RNG chances, but for upgrading gear...

Other than all that, I actually loved the game itself. The housing, the trade runs, the ocean and owning your own Galleon or Trade Ship was awesome. Until it wasn't.
    Options
  • M33tr3
    M33tr3
    ✭✭
    It could be worse, but it SHOULD BE BETTER.
    'We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.' ~ @ZOS_GinaBruno , nov 2018
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to look it up. Now, is this horse better or worse than ESO horses? :p

55dj5ras4fxt.png
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
    Options
  • Anachronian
    Anachronian
    ✭✭
    TBH, the PTS lockout could have been much worse, we could have been locked out for a month or more. I am thankful that we've managed to be restored.
    Options