The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Banned again

Didgik
Didgik
✭✭
The account created instead of the main one was banned. I'm shocked!
Тискать каджита!
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    on the upside, maybe 2 compensations

:#
    Options
  • Didgik
    Didgik
    ✭✭
    Since the main account has not been unblocked soon, I want to understand why my new account was banned?
    @didg75 Question Reference # 240418-005620
    Тискать каджита!
    Options
  • Ingel_Riday
    Ingel_Riday
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can only venture a guess here: did you use the same address/personal information/IP address/etc. for the new account?

I was always under the impression that if I ever got banned (which I hope never happens), I'd be banned. If I tried to start a new account with the same name, address, credit card, IP address, and so on... nope. They'd block that new account, too. "Done is done, kid. Get on outta here. Shouldn't a' done what you done, son."

I'm not saying you've done anything wrong, mind you. I realize it might come across that way. But since they had to temporarily ban your main account to "lock it" while they do their PTS review, I wonder if the system is treating you as if you are a delinquent and stopping your new account accordingly.

That's my guess.
    Edited by Ingel_Riday on 19 April 2024 18:20
    Options
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin looks like someone from the PTS group that got banned had their gifted account banned too.
    Could you look into it?
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • Didgik
    Didgik
    ✭✭
    I can only venture a guess here: did you use the same address/personal information/IP address/etc. for the new account?
    Of course, the email and user ID are new, but I do not know the IP address, it could well have changed, it is also dynamic for the provider.

Тискать каджита!
    Options
  • Hodgkin
    Hodgkin
    Soul Shriven

I was always under the impression that if I ever got banned (which I hope never happens), I'd be banned. If I tried to start a new account with the same name, address, credit card, IP address, and so on... nope. They'd block that new account, too. "Done is done, kid. Get on outta here. Shouldn't a' done what you done, son."

I'm not saying you've done anything wrong, mind you. I realize it might come across that way. But since they had to temporarily ban your main account to "lock it" while they do their PTS review, I wonder if the system is treating you as if you are a delinquent and stopping your new account accordingly.

That's my guess.

Just some insight, but once upon a time I accidentally left my VPN on when I launched the game and nothing happened. If you enable it while the game is running it will simply boot you out until you restart the game. So while I believe that there is some connection between the IP address and the game, but I don't believe that it has anything to do with the account side of things.

So, my guess is that the accounts were never activated to begin with - Since ZOS said in their recent post about the whole incident that inactive or non-activated accounts are shown as "Banned," when you login, right? So... Doesn't that mean they just didn't activate the account? @Didgik
    Options
  • Hodgkin
    Hodgkin
    Soul Shriven
    Correction: They said it was only for locked accounts, but I'm assuming it falls over into the same category if the account was never activated either.
    Options
  • Didgik
    Didgik
    ✭✭
    Hodgkin wrote: »
    Doesn't that mean they just didn't activate the account? @Didgik
    The account is activated. I've been playing for about half a day now. Both on Live EU and on PTS. But usually, after changing the IP address, you receive a message about its change and confirmation by email.

Тискать каджита!
    Options