The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.3 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

Blazing Spears for Tanking?

• Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telos_Tim wrote: »
    Regarding the particular change to templar...
    I read "templar tanking" and "blazing", and my brain instantly completed it as "Blazing Shield". You know, morph of the one single aedric spear skill that is moderately related to tanking?
    I spent quite some time wondering why they had not added it to the base skill, Sun Shield.
    Then I actually noticed it was Blazing Spear. And now I wonder why they decided that templar DPS should immobilize enemies, given that tanks will not find the bar space to slot a DPS skill that also happens to be mostly unreliable at hitting moving targets due to having a travel time.

Completely agree, I read that Templar tanking was getting some attention and thought that we were finally getting some group buffs, or reworks to our already horrible tanking tool-kit, not just a tacky root on a damage dealer skill.

Instead of a meaningful major buff/debuff attached to Nova, an added health based burst-heal to Sun Shield, an important minor buff to Radiant Aura, or even just giving us back the ability to return Stamina to our group with Repentance, this is what we got, and it landed on the wrong morph.

I absolutely agree w/ you. I was hoping there would be more changes for standardized specs (in-class/in-skill), especially to combat/parallel w/ the new addition of scribing.

You're absolutely right w/ Nova. It's in the same condition now as Colossus for necro in that the important, "unique/rare" buff it provided has been given to nearly every spec w/ little-to-no trade-offs. It absolutely needs to now, provide something more unique than just a synergy (which to initial user cannot activate) to offset its especially enormous cost.

Generally speaking, I think that radiant ward is horribly performing against other shields of the like (such as flame leap/// dk's health-based armor buff shield/// conjured/ hardened ward+more). If the goal of this shield is to be protective+offensive- either the shield values need to be increased, the damage increased, or more utility added to the skills itself to make it worth slotting.
    Edited by Wuuffyy on 18 April 2024 18:29
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options