The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

PTS Update 42 - Bug Reports for Scribing (Combat & Skills)

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into while testing combat, balance and Scribed skills in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on 16 April 2024 21:05
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Trample Skill seems to not be loading the models for Radiant(?) Apex mounts (maybe others too) correctly. I tried with the Welkynd-Born Courser mount and the only thing summoned was a glowing cloud not the mount itself.
    Edit: confirmed also with Culanda-Born Senche, but the Nenalata Ayleid Camel is fine.
    Edit 2: It appears that this might only be happening inside The Scholarium
    reorvlhbni7r.png
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on 17 April 2024 18:37
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The tooltip for the Anchorite's Cruelty Signature Script (Oblivion Damage) lists the maximum damage possible only when used on the the Soul Burst Grimoire, but not the Wield Soul one.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grimoires appear to apply the damage bonus from the Sorcerer's Energized passive, but this is not reflected in their tooltips.

• Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The defile affix states Minor Defile (6%) but shows Major Defile numbers (12%). Unsure if this is a UI bug or a typo.

dbqb01pqslo6.jpg
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really hoping this is actually intended, but Binding Contingency (Mages Guild) procs off of bash, while the tooltip describes "an ability with a cost."

This is an awesome interaction that would be beneficial to tanks as well as bash build enjoyers, so I'm hoping it's not an accident.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shield Discipline does not negate the magicka cost of Shield Throw, only the stamina cost.

• RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torchbearer does not reliability weave into itself when casting a light attack in between. Sometimes it works, and I cast Torchbearer-Light Attack-Torchbearer. More often though, it goes Torchbearer-Light Attack, without the final Torchbearer. I know I'm pressing the Torchbearer button a second time, because I can see the click register on my skill bar. Currently using an Xbox remote.
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mender's Bond has an odd animation issue. If casted right after Light Attack the effects around allies appear, but the beam does not. On next GCD animation will appear and then beam becomes visible.
    If casted between 2 light attacks (as one would in combat) character skips the animation and the beam sometimes does not appear all together Makes it very hard to time and understand whether it is casted or not, since you might not be the only source of it in the group. See video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDZ0ti7C9-Q
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    Achievement "Quite the Library"
    Chronicler Firandil have not Wield Soul Grimoire for selling in Scholarium.
    I am not shure but think Grimoire was reward for quest. It's Achievement cant be finished without it!
    Edited by This_0ne on 21 April 2024 13:02
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ulfsild's Contingency persists after removing it from the ability bar. This is obviously different from other abilities, so I would consider it a bug. It's also highly prone to exploitation.

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc's Energized passive seems to only apply 5% physical damage to scribbing abilities but not 5% shock damage.

Before Energized passive is applied:

nfelwyhzkrvt.png
    v5ke1r4vyeua.png

After Energized passive is applied:

vam0n594gg53.png
    w0xq60738b34.png
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Lykeion
    Lykeion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mounts released by an Assault's Scribing skill will disappear when passing through buildings or thresholds, just as real mounts do. Skill's mount animations and real mounts should be two different things. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but I'm pretty sure it's going to cause players to run into some unwanted situations in Cyrodiil
  • DerpyBossGamer
    DerpyBossGamer
    ✭✭✭
    Leashing Soul (running the Pull focus script on Wield Soul) states " Deals x Magic Damage to an enemy, pulls them to you, and taunts them for 15 seconds if they are not already taunted." However this is not applying the taunted debuff to enemy players after they are pulled, whereas frost clench, inner fire, puncture, and other taunts do. I did not do much testing with it vs monsters, but if I remember correctly it does apply the taunt vs them, just not against players.
    @TheFirstArcanistMain - PC/NA but PTS main