The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

New Dungeon Bosses Very Difficult

Dovahkiin02191973
Dovahkiin02191973
✭✭✭
Upon entering the West Weald you are greeted by Leramil or however her name is spelled. You know her from Necrom. In this chapter she wants you to investigate 3 areas. Upon arriving at each one there are mini quests to do and then enter a dungeon to retrieve an item and or information. These dungeons are filled with traps, very difficult normal enemies and a hugely difficult Boss encounter. I was able to kill the beast and the tall man but the Minotaur King or whatever was a no go. The only way I got past him was other players running in to kill him also. I was solo at first and I am playing a new toon so I don't have much. Folks if you can't constantly heal yourself you will not make it past these badies. Not the way I wanted to start the new chapter but it is what it is.
Edited by Dovahkiin02191973 on 17 April 2024 15:30
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Heya, thanks for the feedback!

Which boss or location was this in and what in particular was causing trouble mechanic wise? We can take a look and make sure the difficulty is within the levels we expect.

Thanks!
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Wuduwasa13
    Wuduwasa13
    ✭✭✭
    I was solo at first and I am playing a new toon so I don't have much.

That’d be why.
    Options
  • Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wuduwasa13 wrote: »

That’d be why.

On one end, pretty much, on another, ZOS modus operandi is that the player should be able to start their game straight into the newest expansion.
    Options
  • Bastekk
    Bastekk
    ✭✭
    I did everything in gold road without sets and had no problems with any of the story/quest bosses
    Options
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn - It was all 3 of the locations that Lemaril wants you to investigate at the start of the Chapter. I can't remember the exact names of the dungeon bosses because I was too busy fighting them and trying to stay alive. I killed the Beast one in the Dungeon of the Forest where you help the trapped people first. I did this by spamming an ability that does damage and healing at the same time and I had a Fire enchanted Greatsword to attack with. It took a good bit of time to kill it but I pulled it off solo as the healing portion of the ability kept me alive long enough to get some hits in. The same goes with the Tall Man which I think is an animated suit of Armor where you help the Legion. Again this battle was about the same as the Beast in the Forest dungeon. The final one in which you have to kill a Minotaur King type monster was absolutely unbalance. He did way to much damage for my healing to keep up and I died several times. I got to this location solo but after a while some other players arrived and all of us together were able to put him down and get the Key. I don't think any mechanics are wrong on this. As the above players have said I was solo and a very low level character and went in not knowing what I was getting into.
    Options
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Thanks! Thats gives us some things to take a look at.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Wuduwasa13
    Wuduwasa13
    ✭✭✭

Trejgon wrote: »

That’d be why.

On one end, pretty much, on another, ZOS modus operandi is that the player should be able to start their game straight into the newest expansion.

& you can do precisely that, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you will automatically be able to complete all the content an expansion offers, within 30 minutes of landing in it.

Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’d be why.

& you can do precisely that, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you will automatically be able to complete all the content an expansion offers, within 30 minutes of landing in it.

i think the problem thats being highlighted is this is the very first quest in the new zone, which you would theoretically could be doing on a brand new level 3 character
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it turns out that ZOS has finally implemented difficult enemies in quests, I might actually buy and play the expansion!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    It kinda looks that way. I have experienced it. When moving through these dungeons there are regular enemies around every turn and corner and I don't mean just 1 or 2. We are talking sometimes 4 or 5 and they are not easy because of the mix. Fighters, mages and archers all on you at the same time. The dungeons are also loaded with traps and we are talking about stuff that I have not seen in the game before. Swinging blades from the ceilings like we had in Skyrim and Oblivion and yeah I got hit by them a few times because enemy combatants are waiting for you in the middle of them. On these Boss encounters I don't think the mechanics are necessarily bad. If it were me on the dev team I would just lower their health some so it would not take 5 minutes to kill if you are there solo. Once that group of players showed up at the Minotaur Boss it took about 10 seconds to take him out.
    Options
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May I also suggest a look at the world bosses? Just a very SLIGHT nerf is needed for them.
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually found the Minotaur boss a good challenge, it wasnt super easy like most Public Dungeon bosses and for a boss in this content I liked it. I wouldnt say its impossible because I did it you just need to not stand in the ground AOEs.

Please dont nerf it too hard if you are going to do that
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’d be why.

i think the problem thats being highlighted is this is the very first quest in the new zone, which you would theoretically could be doing on a brand new level 3 character

Then they should be using instances to separate level 3 from CP2k. If a Level 3 and a CP2k is grouped then choose the lower of the levels for difficulty but if I go in as CP2k+ on solo I expect my instance to be a challenge for my level
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    If it turns out that ZOS has finally implemented difficult enemies in quests, I might actually buy and play the expansion!

Not difficult, just going to get new level 5 players without heals into trouble when they eat an AoE.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

Not this year.
    Options
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Difficult would be the one at the end of the Necrom main quest. I had little problem defeating the three bosses on one of my alts, but ran afoul of the crash near Skingrad :disappointed:
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
    Options
  • Ardriel
    Ardriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please don't nerf anything...
    Options
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    A slight health nerf is all we need on these to lower the amount of time spent on the encounters and if players are starting a new toon they need to build it up before tackling these dungeons.

The Scribing Quests have bosses that could be difficult as well for new toons. The guy with the 2 dogs for example you must kill all 3 for it to count as a defeat. If you die all 3 come back to life full strength. I got past it but not without some strategy. The dogs are not real hard so I took them first. The Boss is an Archer with the ability to teleport around the area. He's not extremely hard but you must stay on him and get to him quickly when he teleports or you will die. I won this one on the third try.

The only other Scribing Quest I completed was the Netch. It ends with a battle against a wraith or something. This one was easier than the Archer and dogs. On it just focus on the wraith. It will summon skeletons from behind you but from what I experienced the wraith did not move making it a pretty easy kill which may be a bug as most enemies move about.

The toughest part I have come across on any of this is the black screen. I don't know what it is but the screen will turn black at random making it impossible to see anything. It does clear up after a few but if you can't even see the enemy you are a sitting duck. This is definitely something wrong with the game or my monitor although it is only occurring in game.
    Edited by Dovahkiin02191973 on 22 April 2024 13:37
    Options