The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game crashes when Process Explorer from Microsoft's SysInternals is running

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Estcarp wrote: »
    This is the answer for my ticket ... They closed it!

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team!

We greatly appreciate you bringing this potential bug to our attention. This information has been collected and will be passed on to our development team. You will not receive a further response to this ticket.

We encourage you check the Bug Reports section of the ESO Forums as well. The development team checks these regularly and it allows you to add video and screenshots more easily to help describe the issue you're experiencing.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Kind Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    06:48 AM - 3/15/2024

What is this with whitewashing bug reports … IT HAS NOT, REPEAT, NOT BEEN RESOLVED

[240315-001590] Elder Scrolls Online Support Ticket

Not unexpected, as ZOS does not track the progress of bugs in the tickets. They probably get transferred to some internal database, like Jira. When that happens, they close the ticket as it is no longer being used.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Estcarp
    Estcarp
    This is ludicrous that I cannot monitor any processes while Zenimax ESO is active - even other processes since I have 16 cores that are all available for other processes besides ESO.

I will permit Zenimax until the end of the 10th anniversary event to resolve this issue with Process Explorer or Process Monitor otherwise I will elect to discontinue ESO completely.

Zenimax should not be able to dictate what other applications I am permitted to execute while ESO is active, TOS or not. Next ESO will prevent me from running backups or file downloads while ESO is active and that is entirely unacceptable.

Zenimax is probably laughing their backsides off because they already have my money and they could give a flying
    Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 4 April 2024 19:38
    Options
  • Estcarp
    Estcarp
    ... and to put a fine point to it ... there are many, many other less invasive games to play!

I don't run bots and I don't cheat in ESO. Why am I being penalized?????
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Estcarp

Please check your forum inbox as we've sent you some information regarding your ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill, any chance we could know is if this is something that is being looked at so I know if I have to check on it after every patch. :smile:
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Elsonso

As mentioned earlier in the thread, there were some crash issues being looked into after Update 41. It is recommended for anyone having issues to open a support ticket to help us look into this further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Estcarp wrote: »
    Zenimax is probably laughing their backsides off because they already have my money and they could give a flying fork!
    Bugs unintentionally come with new updates for every game, its no laughing matter.

Zenimax is aware of the current issue of when the game crashes while process explorer is running. As ZOS_Bill stated, they are investigating the issue. Let's hope this gets resolved before or during the next maintenance.
    Edited by wilykcat on 4 April 2024 04:15
    Options
  • Hobotron
    Hobotron
    ✭✭✭
    Here we are over a month later without any update. @ZOS_Bill : can you give us an idea when this will be fixed? I don't feel comfortable playing games that won't let me see what's going on with my machine by running a process monitor.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hobotron wrote: »
    Here we are over a month later without any update. @ZOS_Bill : can you give us an idea when this will be fixed? I don't feel comfortable playing games that won't let me see what's going on with my machine by running a process monitor.

Based on the reply I got from the ticket I submitted, the players are expected to adjust to this. I don't expect a fix. They are doing what they want to do and will do that until they don't want to do it any longer.
    Options
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then I am going to continue not playing the game, and not paying for it.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then I am going to continue not playing the game, and not paying for it.

On the positive side, because I had ESO uninstalled on my main PC gaming system, I neatly dodged all of the PTS drama this week. If it had not been for their insistence on crashing when Process Explorer was detected, I would have the Live and PTS client installed and would have logged into PTS on Monday. I would probably be waiting for my PC account to be fixed. :sweat_smile:
    Options
  • LostScot
    LostScot
    ✭✭✭
    It's weird that Zenimax permit Windows Task Manager, but Process Explorer from the same vendor, with its 'Replace Task Manager' option is not allowed. This is despite both products from Microsoft sharing the same calls and methodology underneath their respective GUIs.
    Options