The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Game Crashes Post-Update 41

greytday137
greytday137
✭✭✭
This issue has also been posted in Bug Reports, but since Update 41, the frequency of game crashes/disconnects has increased dramatically, particularly in instanced events, such as trials or dungeons. Our group has been progging Godslayer and prior to update 41, would rarely have a game crash/disconnect. Since the patch, our best case scenario is 3 game crashes/disconnects in 30 minutes. In a dungeon, we have at least two in 30 minutes. A popular PS/NA streamer I watch had her team's main tank disconnect/game crash 4 times in 10 minutes. Outside of instanced events, we are getting game crashes doing crafting writs, standing in Shadowfen, or just running from place to place. All of these issues started after Update 41 and were not an issue prior. I know that there is a maintenance scheduled for tomorrow, but I wanted to make sure this was on the radar as it is severely impacting our ability to play the game on Playstation, and most groups are on hiatus because of it @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 30 April 2024 16:39
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @greytday137

Have you tried opening a ticket with support yet in order to report this issue?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • greytday137
    greytday137
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @greytday137

Have you tried opening a ticket with support yet in order to report this issue?

I opened a ticket on April 1, 2024, Question Reference # # 240401-001992. I received a general response that it was passed along to the relevant team, but since then, we have not seen any updates that this issue is being looked into or worked on, and it is causing significant concern in the entire PS player base.

We have also tried to follow the FAQ guide to reduce crashes, including deleting the PS memory related to the game, uninstalling and reinstalling, and clearing the caches of our respective Playstations. None of those things have had any impact on reducing crashes. I want to emphasize again that this is not an isolated issue to just me or just a few members of our teams. This is an issue effecting the entire Playstation player base. It has becoming a running joke when we're not in serious content, but in serious content, it is beyond frustrating. We've had two people have their game crash in execute on Navi. If we had gotten there on a 36/36, it would have been complete heartbreak. We did not, but that's also because we had three people have their game crash during ice dragon.

Is tomorrow's maintenance going to fix this issue?
    Options
  • saschmi3
    saschmi3
    ✭✭
    I also opened a ticket on the same issue on March 28th, question reference #240328-004932. I received the same automatic response about it being passed on to the dev team. I will submit an additional ticket today as well.

I can pretty much guarantee you there are many, many people that have submitted tickets for these crashes. This has also been discussed at length by players in the bug report forum, but the only response we've received from anyone about it was a link to a basic how-to article on crashes. Those instructions have been followed and have not helped. This is something caused by U41 and is not something we as players can fixed at home.

Any updates as to whether this issue is known about and being worked on would be greatly appreciated. The silence on it is absolutely baffling.
    Options
  • Whereis_Kyno
    Whereis_Kyno
    Soul Shriven
    saschmi3 wrote: »
    I also opened a ticket on the same issue on March 28th, question reference #240328-004932. I received the same automatic response about it being passed on to the dev team. I will submit an additional ticket today as well.

I can pretty much guarantee you there are many, many people that have submitted tickets for these crashes. This has also been discussed at length by players in the bug report forum, but the only response we've received from anyone about it was a link to a basic how-to article on crashes. Those instructions have been followed and have not helped. This is something caused by U41 and is not something we as players can fixed at home.

Any updates as to whether this issue is known about and being worked on would be greatly appreciated. The silence on it is absolutely baffling.

I was in the same boat. After eventually replying to said ticket 5 times they told me they’ve passed it onto the development team for review.

Hopefully they’re 100% aware now and will address this.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @greytday137

We have sent you a forum PM regarding your current ticket number.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @saschmi3

Please check your forum inbox as we've sent you an update on your ticket.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, no matter what I do in ESO, there are crashes. The frequency rivals the ps4 cyberpunk debacle and I am genuinely starting to worry for the safety of my ps5. As a trials player, it has been especially frustrating. But I also just crash while doing basic things around the game.

I subbed for a trial team that had double digit crashes tonight in an hour and a half. I do not understand how trifecta teams can combat the game rng in addition to the dc rng. My favorite eso streamer on ps5 has had so many crashes it is embarassing.

I am truly disappointed and I have refrained from purchasing crowns during this sale. I hope this situation is addressed. I am also refraining from pre-ordering until I can confirm that the part of the game I enjoy most is playable.
    Options
  • greytday137
    greytday137
    ✭✭✭
    I have messaged a couple of people at ZOS about this issue, but I will confirm that the patch today did nothing.

Today during our GS prog, we had 11 crashes in a 2 hour prog. That's a crash roughly every 11 minutes.

I also looked at the error log on my console, and I have had 25 crashes with Error Code CE-108255-1 since March 26, 2024, when the patch dropped on console. I had to go back 7 months prior to that to find another crash. So I went from having less than 1 in six months to averaging 1.56 crashes per night. My husband, who has the PSN darkskies137, has had 44 crashes since the patch dropped, resulting in an average of 2.75 crashes per day.

What is being done to address this issue and what other information can I provide so that this issue gets the attention that it needs and the game becomes playable again.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @VampiricByNature

Have you tried any of the crash troubleshooting steps found HERE?
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭
    I helped out two separate trifecta progs vDSR/vRG a few nights ago. Numerous players (including myself) were crashing all throughout the 2hr run times.

In the past there were often ways to avoid most crashing issues, but this time it doesn’t seem isolated to any individual player and I have trouble even finding a reason for these crashes. We’ve seen people crash while they are standing still/afk.
    Options
  • schindler
    schindler
    ✭✭✭
    @VampiricByNature

Tried all of them, counting 30 crashes since U41.

Please also check the corresponding thread in "bug reports" for more information from other players.
    Options
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭
    @VampiricByNature

Sorry but that is absolutely not helpful at all.
    Not just some players on ps5 experience this but ALL of them!

Even if you just stand around you crash after a while. It's once again your bad coding that causes this. Happening since Update 41. The recent patch did nothing once again. It's ultra frustrating at this point. 😤
    Edited by beer781993 on 13 April 2024 04:46
    Options
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    @VampiricByNature

Not only have I tried these things but my wife [psn Asipofeverclear] also plays and she has a brand new ps5 as of last week. Freshly downloaded, nothing else installed. She has the same issues.

I average a crash every hour or two. This means I have not managed to complete a trial prog without at least 1 dc. It doesn't sound that bad but when 12 people randomly dc for a prog it means you're losing someone every other pull on a boss. It's not isolated to one person, time region or generation of ps5. We have not been able to narrow it down to any factor other than playing elder scrolls online.

It's important to note that I do play other games- horizon dawn forbidden west, some Farcry, minecraft and Ark Survival ascended. I do not suffer the dcs in these titles- whether or not I've power cycled and I've never reinstalled them after their initial install.

These issues only arrived for Update 41. The fact that you keep giving us tips to power cycle, reinstall or clear our save data is so disheartening. If we had to fart rainbows to stop dcing, we would all do it and spread the joyous knowledge of rainbow gas. We would 100% try anything to not dc and just enjoy eso.
    Options
  • greytday137
    greytday137
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_Kevin The issues persist but so do I.

The other thread in Bug Reports is at over 3,000 views and over 90 comments. There are calls to cancel pre-orders. The Playstation player base is livid.

Is there someone else at Zenimax or Bethesda that we should reach out to? I want to ensure that this is getting the attention it needs, as tickets blame Playstation, Playstation blames the game, and players are left in the dark about when this issue is going to be resolved while the entire game team jets off to Europe to preview a new chapter that according to one popular YouTuber looked "very unfinished" despite the PTS launch today.

We have tried all of the "fixes". We have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared our caches, deleted document files, and still, we crash and crash again. Who do we convince that there is an issue that needs to be fixed? Put down the PTS and help your existing customers please.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, we are following up here on the issue related to reported crashing and disconnects on console. We have found this issue related to a memory fragmentation occurring and this will be fixed during the next incremental.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, we are following up here on the issue related to reported crashing and disconnects on console. We have found this issue related to a memory fragmentation occurring and this will be fixed during the next incremental.

Finally! Thank you
    Options
  • chakra_unlimited
    chakra_unlimited
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Kevin Thank you so much for this update! Are you able to confirm a tentative date for the release of this incremental patch?
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_Kevin Thank you so much for this update! Are you able to confirm a tentative date for the release of this incremental patch?

The next incremental patch is tentatively scheduled for April 24. So next week on Wednesday.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

The next incremental patch is tentatively scheduled for April 24. So next week on Wednesday.

Shouldn't this be a hotfix? We're DCing in progs, we're DCing in VCR3, disconnecting doing dungeons, writs, travelling, switching toons, doing the best ever in a trial and disconnecting on final boss and they complete and I don't get the loot. If y'all played on console, did a trial or anything for a couple hours, you'd know how it feels. The console player base feels neglected.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Shouldn't this be a hotfix? We're DCing in progs, we're DCing in VCR3, disconnecting doing dungeons, writs, travelling, switching toons, doing the best ever in a trial and disconnecting on final boss and they complete and I don't get the loot. If y'all played on console, did a trial or anything for a couple hours, you'd know how it feels. The console player base feels neglected.

Not everything in-game can be resolved via a hotfix. Sometimes an incremental is required. This is one of those cases.

Options
    Staff Post
  • greytday137
    greytday137
    ✭✭✭
    To confirm, this issue seems to have been resolved. We didn't have any disconnects yesterday evening during our run, or after. We had one person disconnect while in their CP menu, but candidly that bug has been around for at least a year so we're just used to it. We still have the flicker screen if someone is in their house and we swap difficulty, but at least there is improvement on the DCs.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update regarding this crashing issue. Since the recent hotfix looks to have resolved the issue, we are now closing this thread from any further comments.
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.