The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Can we get some minor class rebalancing next update?

moo_2021
moo_2021
✭✭✭✭✭
Since sorc and NBs got pretty good updates in U41.

I can think of a few:

- DK: change recovery from poison/fire to something more constant. The class is boring as almost every DKs are forced to use the same skill sets and playstyle now.
- Warden: change mag damage in animal line to frost damage
- Necro: remove debuff from Resistant Flesh, grant resist for 20s not 3s. Reanimate: while slotted you can use yourself as corpse (since nobody use this ulti ever). A self-corpsed Necro would open a lot more build possibilities.
- Templar: i give up
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »

I can think of a few:

- DK: change recovery from poison/fire to something more constant. The class is boring as almost every DKs are forced to use the same skill sets and playstyle now.
    - Necro: remove debuff from Resistant Flesh, grant resist for 20s not 3s. Reanimate: while slotted you can use yourself as corpse (since nobody use this ulti ever). A self-corpsed Necro would open a lot more build possibilities.

I use Animate Blastbones. I think it would be better to attach the self-corpse mechanic to an armor buff skill or one of the tether skills.
    I'm making an updated version of my Necro ideas thread from 2023 (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/633137/suggestions-for-necromancer-changes). One thing that ZOS has been doing lately is making skills require less micromanagement and loading them with multiple functions:
    Cephaliarch's Flail:
    Infuse your arm with abyssal magic to form tentacles that lash out at your foes dealing 1939 Physical Damage, healing yourself for 969, and generating Crux. Enemies are immobilized for 3 seconds and marked with Abyssal Ink for 20 seconds. Deals up to 100% more damage to enemies with less than 50% Health. You deal 5% increased damage to enemies drenched in Abyssal Ink.

Tome-Bearer's Inspiration:
    Etch a series of runes onto your weapon that pulse with power once every 5 seconds. Each pulse enhances your class abilities, and striking an enemy with one deals an additional 1161 Magic Damage and generates Crux if you have none. While slotted on either ability bar, gain Major Brutality and Major Sorcery, increasing your Weapon and Spell Damage by 20%.

The Necro needs this same treatment.

Blighted Blastbones: cost determined by the highest resource.
    (I have mourned the loss of Stalking Blastbones and I have accepted that fact that I'm just going to have to change my Necro)

Death Scythe:
    As I have seen suggested on the forums, both morphs of the Necro scythe should get execute scaling. I agree that this would be a great and very needed addition.
    - Hungry Scythe: should also apply life steal to all enemies hit.

Skeletal Arcanist/Archer: grants major sorcery/brutality when slotted on either bar. Increase the damage that their attacks do.

Shocking Siphon: while slotted on either bar grants major prophecy/savagery and increases damage done by 3%. The AOE remains on the ground even if the tether breaks early. *Increase the radius size.
    - Mystic Siphon: the increased Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery persists even if the tether breaks early.
    - Detonating Syphon: the damage AOE now sticks to you.

Flame Skull:
    - Riccochet Skull/Venom Skull:
    applies burning/poisoned status effects. (Increase travel speed)

Spirit Mender: when active, applies minor cowardice to attackers.

Bone Totem: summons an effigy of bones up to 28 meters away. After 1 second, the totem begins fearing nearby enemies every 2 seconds, causing them to cower in place for 4 seconds. (Changed to allow both morphs to be targeted)
    - Warding Totem: (Formerly Remote Totem) grants minor protection when standing in the area of effect.
    - Agony Totem: afflicts enemies in the area of effect with minor vulnerability.

Restoring Tether: the effects persist on the player even if the tether breaks early.

Render Flesh:
    - Resistant Flesh: (remains unchanged)
    - Blood Sacrifice: consumes a corpse to grant you Major Courage (or Major Berserk) for 10 seconds.

Expunge: reduces the cost of all your abilities by 3% while slotted on either bar.

Bitter Harvest: when slotted on either bar, reduces your damage taken by 3%.

ULTIMATES:
    Frozen Colossus: Unleash a decayed Flesh Colossus to pulverize enemies in the area. The Colossus smashes the ground three times over 3 seconds. Dealing damage applies Major Vulnerability to any enemy hit for 12 seconds.
    - Glacial Colossus: does frost damage and stuns enemies on the second hit instead of the third.
    - Pestilent Colossus: smashes the ground only once and does disease damage. Afflicts enemies with a pestilence that does damage over time.

Animate Blastbones: instead of resurrecting allies, this ultimate summons up to three blastbones to attack the nearest opponent. Summoned Blastbones are immune to being crowd controlled (other than by another ultimate). Reduce the cost of this ultimate to 200, down from 320, to make it more usable.

(3-15-2024: a video discussing these ideas)

https://youtu.be/s03c5jlZhaQ?si=wZUIjM1YkDQSMqnC
    Options
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or necro passive. That'd make all corpse skills useful regardless of build.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I can think of a few:

I use Animate Blastbones. I think it would be better to attach the self-corpse mechanic to an armor buff skill or one of the tether skills.
    I'm making an updated version of my Necro ideas thread from 2023 (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/633137/suggestions-for-necromancer-changes). One thing that ZOS has been doing lately is making skills require less micromanagement and loading them with multiple functions:
    Cephaliarch's Flail:
    Infuse your arm with abyssal magic to form tentacles that lash out at your foes dealing 1939 Physical Damage, healing yourself for 969, and generating Crux. Enemies are immobilized for 3 seconds and marked with Abyssal Ink for 20 seconds. Deals up to 100% more damage to enemies with less than 50% Health. You deal 5% increased damage to enemies drenched in Abyssal Ink.

Tome-Bearer's Inspiration:
    Etch a series of runes onto your weapon that pulse with power once every 5 seconds. Each pulse enhances your class abilities, and striking an enemy with one deals an additional 1161 Magic Damage and generates Crux if you have none. While slotted on either ability bar, gain Major Brutality and Major Sorcery, increasing your Weapon and Spell Damage by 20%.

The Necro needs this same treatment.

Blighted Blastbones: cost determined by the highest resource.
    (I have mourned the loss of Stalking Blastbones and I have accepted that fact that I'm just going to have to change my Necro)

Death Scythe:
    As I have seen suggested on the forums, both morphs of the Necro scythe should get execute scaling. I agree that this would be a great and very needed addition.
    - Hungry Scythe: should also apply life steal to all enemies hit.

Skeletal Arcanist/Archer: grants major sorcery/brutality when slotted on either bar. Increase the damage that their attacks do.

Shocking Siphon: while slotted on either bar grants major prophecy/savagery and increases damage done by 3%. The AOE remains on the ground even if the tether breaks early. *Increase the radius size.
    - Mystic Siphon: the increased Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery persists even if the tether breaks early.
    - Detonating Syphon: the damage AOE now sticks to you.

Flame Skull:
    - Riccochet Skull/Venom Skull:
    applies burning/poisoned status effects. (Increase travel speed)

Spirit Mender: when active, applies minor cowardice to attackers.

Bone Totem: summons an effigy of bones up to 28 meters away. After 1 second, the totem begins fearing nearby enemies every 2 seconds, causing them to cower in place for 4 seconds. (Changed to allow both morphs to be targeted)
    - Warding Totem: (Formerly Remote Totem) grants minor protection when standing in the area of effect.
    - Agony Totem: afflicts enemies in the area of effect with minor vulnerability.

Restoring Tether: the effects persist on the player even if the tether breaks early.

Render Flesh:
    - Resistant Flesh: (remains unchanged)
    - Blood Sacrifice: consumes a corpse to grant you Major Courage (or Major Berserk) for 10 seconds.

Expunge: reduces the cost of all your abilities by 3% while slotted on either bar.

Bitter Harvest: when slotted on either bar, reduces your damage taken by 3%.

ULTIMATES:
    Frozen Colossus: Unleash a decayed Flesh Colossus to pulverize enemies in the area. The Colossus smashes the ground three times over 3 seconds. Dealing damage applies Major Vulnerability to any enemy hit for 12 seconds.
    - Glacial Colossus: does frost damage and stuns enemies on the second hit instead of the third.
    - Pestilent Colossus: smashes the ground only once and does disease damage. Afflicts enemies with a pestilence that does damage over time.

Animate Blastbones: instead of resurrecting allies, this ultimate summons up to three blastbones to attack the nearest opponent. Summoned Blastbones are immune to being crowd controlled (other than by another ultimate). Reduce the cost of this ultimate to 200, down from 320, to make it more usable.

(3-15-2024: a video discussing these ideas)

https://youtu.be/s03c5jlZhaQ?si=wZUIjM1YkDQSMqnC

Ugh I wish Animate still summoned Stalking Blastbones.

Like, sure it's still technically the strongest AoE ult in the game even with Blighted, but Stalking gave Animate much needed consistency - even if a couple of the blastbones did their own thing or got confused, the modifier helped make up for it.
    Options
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I can think of a few:

- Templar: make it easier to reach PotL/PL damage cap in PvP (this is the main thing plar needs, jabs would be nice, but fixing PotL to make it a proper, reliable delayed burst again would be plenty enough for plar (don't even need to increase its cap, just make it easier to reach).
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc needs the major crit chance buff attached to a class skill. The broken healy shield is discussed plenty elsewhere.

Arc stun needs to work properly and not lock players out of cc breaking.

Warden needs a reliable stun, Polar needs to be rebalanced because viable 55k hp healers shouldn't be a thing.

DK needs a morph of Molten Weapons that does more for PvP, seeing DKs slot Degen is sad.

Templar needs less power in beam and defense, more power in the rest of its offensive toolkit, and Major Breach.

Necro needs better timers, access to standard major crit and wd/sd buffs, reliable stun, reliable spammable.

NB obviously needs a lot more buffs, maybe cloak should be a free cast and last 12 seconds.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc needs the major crit chance buff attached to a class skill. The broken healy shield is discussed plenty elsewhere.

Arc stun needs to work properly and not lock players out of cc breaking.

Warden needs a reliable stun, Polar needs to be rebalanced because viable 55k hp healers shouldn't be a thing.

DK needs a morph of Molten Weapons that does more for PvP, seeing DKs slot Degen is sad.

Templar needs less power in beam and defense, more power in the rest of its offensive toolkit, and Major Breach.

Necro needs better timers, access to standard major crit and wd/sd buffs, reliable stun, reliable spammable.

NB obviously needs a lot more buffs, maybe cloak should be a free cast and last 12 seconds.

So this is the giveaway that this post is sarcasm, right?
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So this is the giveaway that this post is sarcasm, right?
    Of course, if I were serious I'd be saying Necros need a few more heavy nerfs.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Options
  • HuanShai
    HuanShai
    ✭✭

I can think of a few:

Yes, they need buff sustain on dk. But not Much.
    Options
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar need more damage or nerf to undeath.
    Options
  • HuanShai
    HuanShai
    ✭✭

I can think of a few:

yeah the sustain on dk is really bad, they dont survival anymore on pvx.
    Options
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HuanShai wrote: »

yeah the sustain on dk is really bad, they dont survival anymore on pvx.

Have you seen dk combat logs?

All the same, melee range, apply dots, a few whip, occassional aoe or stun. The playstyle works as it doesn't consume much resource and damage yield is good.

Try to play differently? just awful as templar. Bow build? Bash build? 2h? Even worse if you don't spam poison or flame. No other class is forced into such a narrow range of build choices.
    Options
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBs got a pretty good buff in PvP*

In PvE they got a nerf overall, except for tanking.
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
    Options
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concealed weapon is op compared to surprise attack. That speed buff and random 10% damage buff.

I'd rather the speed buff for suprise attacks then the crappy flanking 3s cooldown crit.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    Options
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templars need some tweaks to how purge works. It was our main defense in whole this years but, right now it's design is old and outdated and probably in wrong not intuitive place like GIANT MASS AOE HEAL HOT.

Why purge on hot is bad design?
    It's long healing over time and i would like to have whole this healing and not spam it to get purges. Now rethink how this work compared to sorcerer Hurricane. Do i need to say more? You would like to recast Hurricane 5 times just for buff when best thing is on the end of ability. Maybe this skill is not similar but still healing over time is strong enough and i want to have whole profit not recasting it constant.

Why i want purges on Instant cast heal?
    Because this could work much better and much more intuitive. We already have useless healing ability named Healing ritual. could be changed to selfless class heal with purge effect when Cleansing ritual will still have he's Synergy Purge but with different effect for us templars.

Cleansing Ritual change propose
    Other thing on ritual that is not purge for templar could be OVERHEALING mechanic.
    When templar stay in range of ritual he and his teammates can get extra health on they maximum health those bonus are only from ritual healing. This could work like damage shield, this ability could encourage to use rituals as tanks and healers to improve defense on front line or back line. Skill get health maximum around 8% of every player personal max health and not grant it instant like warden buff Major toughness but slowly and only when you have maximum health already. This thing could change how people will use ritual and will stay inside more. Buff will fade 3 seconds after leaving ritual range.

Those some ideas i would like to see but those are just ideas it's ZOS to decide.
    We need wait and see.

And off course redispose some of damage from execute to other damage skills.

Those changes are inspired by current dot meta on pvp.
    Edited by mmtaniac on 10 April 2024 06:39
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    More updates to world skills like vampire and werewolf. Everyone running vampire cause how broken undeath passive is.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Range vs. Melee is completely unbalanced.
    Melee has more risk, less ability to do damage. However the damage with range equals and in most cases exceeds melee currently. The change in status effects has made this worse.

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • AvidNecro
    AvidNecro
    ✭✭
    I use animate blast bones.... A lot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn5L_13C_G4
    Necromancer Main
    Options
  • VinnyGambini
    VinnyGambini
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Range vs. Melee is completely unbalanced.
    Melee has more risk, less ability to do damage. However the damage with range equals and in most cases exceeds melee currently. The change in status effects has made this worse.

I have pointed this out like year ago, and ppl were hating me hard. It's totally unfair that ranged builds can go full dmg and kite, while melee builds need to invest in tankiness to survive.

And you know what the funniest thing is? The most tanky class currently is sorcerer, a class that is exceptionally good at kiting and making dmg from range. Balance is a mess.
    Options
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar: give jabs back its damage, add in some stamplars love, restore the "house" or give them mobility
    Options
  • Malmer
    Malmer
    ✭✭✭
    DK:
    make whip costs like arc beam depens if stam or mag its cost stam or mag.

NB:
    defo need some buffs to pve

Sorc: goes the right way with update 41 but a bit more fine tuning would be nice
    Arc: defo dont deserve any buffs

Warden: needs more resons to get in to trials groups as dd

Cro: same as warden only good as ec atm

Templar: Seems fine imo
    Edited by Malmer on 15 April 2024 11:54
    Options
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malmer wrote: »
    DK:

NB:

Sorc: goes the right way with update 41 but a bit more fine tuning would be nice

"Templar: Seems fine" imo what a joke. Same for cro, cro definitely needs buff
    Options
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cast_El wrote: »
    Malmer wrote: »
    DK:

NB:

"Templar: Seems fine" imo what a joke. Same for cro, cro definitely needs buff
    PvE players are playing an entirely different game.
    Options
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    asmvcluw7rge.jpeg

I really don’t expect much of anything changing, nightblade, necro and warden “buffs” that somehow drag them further down the list probably
    Options