The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Gloambound shield keeps vanishing in combat

odaphii
odaphii
Hey there! I haven't found a thread talking about this so here goes;

I have a sorc tank who uses gloambound weapons and the vibe is IMMACULATE. The sole exception being the shield. I don't know what causes it, I don't know why it happens, all I know is that it likes to turn invisible during combat. Sheathing it and re-drawing it works, but it'd be great to see it looked into.

Thanks!
  • odaphii
    odaphii
    ttl4sby3n1zw.png
    I guess just for the sake of it, here's me "holding the shield"
    Options
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    The frost shield is also disappearing when taken out.
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
    Options
  • odaphii
    odaphii
    NerfSeige wrote: »
    The frost shield is also disappearing when taken out.

Oh, the one from the crown crates?
    Options
  • odaphii
    odaphii
    qxi1q7rx23cc.png

Swapped weapons once and they disappeared (dual wield swords). It persisted for a bit even if changing weapons until I entered a menu?
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if this is tied to the Templar's Sun Shield animation also being bugged? Is there an issue with 'shield' visibility going on???
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all. We do have a bug in for this and it is under investigation. No eta as of yet regarding a fix, but we'll update once we have one.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Wonder if this is tied to the Templar's Sun Shield animation also being bugged? Is there an issue with 'shield' visibility going on???

Considering that the shield animation for Sun Shield is not the same (the Sun Shield surrounds your character while the shield you have equipped is held like a shield and fixed to your arm), and that the Sun Shield issue has already been fixed on PTS while this issue does not yet have an ETA for a fix, I don’t think they’re related.
    Options
  • odaphii
    odaphii
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all. We do have a bug in for this and it is under investigation. No eta as of yet regarding a fix, but we'll update once we have one.

Cool! Thanks for the heads up!
    Options
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is one bug I have seen so can confirm.

It's been around for a while.
    Options
  • odaphii
    odaphii
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Hey there, sorry to necropost but this is directly related; there are issues with clipping as well when you hold the weapons. Most visible in first person, but noticeable in third person as well. It's kinda hard to capture it in a screenshot?

Additionally, would it be possible to suggest a sound effect change? Plenty of weapons have different sound effects playing when sheathing/drawing, but the Gloambound weapons play the regular sheathe/draw sound effect. Could we have one that sounds more like summoning bound arms? Even if it's just reused Sorc pet summon sfx lol

70nxVYm.png
    axHkgSY.png
    Qv9imvS.png
    YyVJplA.png
    Options