The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

[Request] Giving the option to fully unlock the Scribing feature in PTS

Lykeion
Lykeion
✭✭✭✭
Based on the official stream's content and some streamers who participated in the internal testing, the Scribing feature requires the completion of time-consuming and lengthy preset tasks to unlock. Because the PTS cycle goes through several predictable resets, this results in even less time left for players to experience Scribing fully. I hope that when the Gold Road PTS goes live, devs will offer players the option of fully unlocking the Scribing feature upon character creation, much like the treasure bag that CP3600 characters have.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m also hoping for this. Even if I don’t get to use the new skills on my copied characters (though that’d be nice), it’d be nice to have a way to test the new skills in content.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah definitely going to be a must for balance testing.

Can already see some concerns, just as the scribing glyph for oblivion damage.

For Soul Burst:

"8% of your targets Max health as oblivion damage, this damage doubles if your opponent is below 50% health".

On a typical 35k health setup, that's 5600 oblivion damage (as a secondary effect not including the base damage of the skill).

I like the concept of punishing health stacking in cyrodiil which is what it looks like this is trying to do. But we've tried hard hitting oblivion damage sets in the past and they always get nerfed because they are too strong. Maybe push the threshold down to 25% health for the bonus damage to be in line with other executes.

But despite that an AoE, oblivion damage execute sounds like a problem.
    Options
  • Lystrad
    Lystrad
    ✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    Yeah definitely going to be a must for balance testing.

Can already see some concerns, just as the scribing glyph for oblivion damage.

For Soul Burst:

"8% of your targets Max health as oblivion damage, this damage doubles if your opponent is below 50% health".

On a typical 35k health setup, that's 5600 oblivion damage (as a secondary effect not including the base damage of the skill).

I like the concept of punishing health stacking in cyrodiil which is what it looks like this is trying to do. But we've tried hard hitting oblivion damage sets in the past and they always get nerfed because they are too strong. Maybe push the threshold down to 25% health for the bonus damage to be in line with other executes.

But despite that an AoE, oblivion damage execute sounds like a problem.

I feel like the icd and soul shard cost are intended to be the limiters for the skill, but 3 seconds isn't that long and soul shards aren't exactly hard to get... though I guess there might be a world where that could eventually change if pvpers end up individually burning through 200-300 of them a night spamming soul collapse?

What I'm actually more curious about though is whether the soul collapse affix is exclusive to Soul burst or if it can slot into soul weld too.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would also like this option. What was the number of combinations they said? Over 4,000? Lots of room for issues in there.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
    Options
  • Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree, the PTS is essential for Scribing so the more time to test it the better. No doubt some extra overturned setups will be found.
    Options
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭
    Thats is a resonable request in my oppinion. I'd also love to test the system before it goes life to some extent and provide feedback ;)
    Options