The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Coming Back to ESO: help with Sorc Solo Build Please!

DrSkywalker
DrSkywalker
✭✭
First time back to ESO since 2016. Things have changed, and my Sorcerer 52 is unbuilt thanks to various updates over the years. I want to rebuild as a good Solo sorcerer, but have forgotten so much of the gameplay and am so unfamiliar with what has changed that I need some guidance for how to go forward - at least without spending the time completely re-learning the game from scratch. Thanks in advance!!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently leveling a new sorc myself, and am re-learning how to play it. The most important update I found, is that Crystal Frags now has a very shot cast time, so it can be used as a spammable and many times procs itself for a reduce cost and 66% increased damage cast. Previously when I played sorc, Frags had such a long cast time that you had to spam other magic skills for the proc, because you never wanted to manually cast it. I'm loving this change.

Also, Clannfear is pretty much useless since it's special ability is a heal, which you either are already running crit surge or Twilight Matriarch for the heal.

Other than that, I'm still leveling but having a blast with Sorc.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plague Doctor, Mother Sorrow and Ring of the Pale Order and any 1pc monster set I use this for Vet Vatashran or Maelstrom both sets are relatively easy to get
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • Caecus0
    Caecus0
    ✭✭
    I've recently picked up Sorcerer and I personally use a Mag Sorc for Solo. I can pretty confidently solo Vateshran on veteran mode. I think it may actually be more productive to tell you what to shoot for rather than tell you what exact gear you should/could use because there is just so much variance in this game.

For every build, I aim to have:

1: A Spammable offensive skill that matches your primary attribute (in my case Crystal Fragments)
    2: Ways to upkeep Major Savagery and Sorcery (Surge and Magelight from the Mages Guild do this for me)
    3: Ways to keep up Major Resolve for the defense (Lightning Form and its morphs do this).
    4: A good source of Healing (there are a lot of ways to do this but Dark Exchange is the one native to Sorcs)
    5: Cleave to clear trash (again, a lot of ways to do this)

This is something I aim for on every class. For Sorcs in particular, I find that Streak combined with any Barrier skill is a great way to create wiggle room for myself. I also cannot go without Mages Wrath which is their Execute skill because it is just great. Once any big boss gets low just spam that thing and watch the boss and anything near them just go down really fast.
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caecus0 wrote: »
    I've recently picked up Sorcerer and I personally use a Mag Sorc for Solo. I can pretty confidently solo Vateshran on veteran mode. I think it may actually be more productive to tell you what to shoot for rather than tell you what exact gear you should/could use because there is just so much variance in this game.

For every build, I aim to have:

1: A Spammable offensive skill that matches your primary attribute (in my case Crystal Fragments)
    2: Ways to upkeep Major Savagery and Sorcery (Surge and Magelight from the Mages Guild do this for me)
    3: Ways to keep up Major Resolve for the defense (Lightning Form and its morphs do this).

4: A good source of Healing (there are a lot of ways to do this but Dark Exchange is the one native to Sorcs)
    5: Cleave to clear trash (again, a lot of ways to do this)

This is something I aim for on every class. For Sorcs in particular, I find that Streak combined with any Barrier skill is a great way to create wiggle room for myself. I also cannot go without Mages Wrath which is their Execute skill because it is just great. Once any big boss gets low just spam that thing and watch the boss and anything near them just go down really fast.

OR, you can just get Oakensoul ring and never have to bar swap and still keep all those buffs plus many more. I don't think I've run a two-bar build since I got Oakensoul; it made the game so much less tedious and stressful for me. And the funny thing is, I can still complete all the same dungeons without having to run a sweaty rotation.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options