The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

We have armory system now. Then, why few people are still doing stupid fake tank?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
We have armory system now. Then, why few people are still doing stupid fake tank?

And we can build multiple character. We can use group finder for specific playing style.
There're no reason to do fake tank role cheater at the random grouping tool.

But, few people still keep doing nonsense. Just why?
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

And we can build multiple character. We can use group finder for specific playing style.

What is the best tank set, I'm thinking to get Crimson oath?
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    why bother setting up a tank if theyre just going to sprint through everything?
    Options
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »

>Mazatan monster helmet and shoulder heavy
    >Crimson Twilight Set 5piece for armor
    >Leeching set 5piece for weapon

All gold quality

>Lady Mundus
    >Food "orzorgas-tripe-trifle-pocket"
    >Champion point Blue [Ironclad] [Resilience] [Unassailable] [BULWARK]
    >ChampionPoint Red [Fortified] [On-guard] [Bastion] [Rejuvenation]

>Attribute point should concentrate health amount with bit stamina also need.
    (M4, H53, S7)

>Skill: some class damage shield with resolving vigor(PVP skill) Must have self healing.

"1H and shield" style with ice staff back bar (personally I use lightning stuff, but ice stuff is good for the Bulwark)

Then, my tank has 50K health with 36K damage resistance.

And don't forget "taunt" ability.

But if you want to go to 12 player trial, then "some grouping buff" function set will be better.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Options
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    No need for a tank in normal dungeons
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People fake tank not just because they don’t have a tank, but because pug DPS is a lot worse than their DPS*. So they queue as a tank (fast queue) on their DPS (lots of damage) and the other players are just there to add a little extra help or are just there because of the random reward.

*Not always the case, fake tanking has become popularized to the point that bad DPS are also fake tanking which doesn’t make the run go much faster.

Not supporting it, I don’t like fake role defenders (I remember FH… twice… don’t fake heal in FH. Next time it happens I think I’ll just quit instead of healing for them…) but armory doesn’t help much. I only fake tank like… fg1 hm and even then I’m scared to do it even though I know how lol. Its a lot harder than real tanking it but it gets a fast queue for the pledge.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally prefer Crimson Oath + Turning Tide With either Spaulder of Ruin and Trainee + 1monster or the Bloodlords Embrace with Nazaray
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »

Crimson oath is good. Sometimes I consider using it instead of war machine (WM) and using baron zandrous instead of tremor, but I need me lots of transmutes. My most up to date setup is turning tide + war machine + tremorscale + dsa sword and board. Turning tide is top tier. On necro I use sax instead of turning tide.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    People fake tank not just because they don’t have a tank, but because pug DPS is a lot worse than their DPS*. So they queue as a tank (fast queue) on their DPS (lots of damage) and the other players are just there to add a little extra help or are just there because of the random reward.

*Not always the case, fake tanking has become popularized to the point that bad DPS are also fake tanking which doesn’t make the run go much faster.

Not supporting it, I don’t like fake role defenders (I remember FH… twice… don’t fake heal in FH. Next time it happens I think I’ll just quit instead of healing for them…) but armory doesn’t help much. I only fake tank like… fg1 hm and even then I’m scared to do it even though I know how lol. Its a lot harder than real tanking it but it gets a fast queue for the pledge.

Agree, I hate fake tank. But unreliable fake DD also make the situation more dangerous in DLC Vet dungeon.
    Sometimes real tank deal much more damage than fake DD. :(

2023/12/21
    Options
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We going for a world record of fake tank posts in one week here?

Anyway, I don't see how the armory is relevant. Some people are selfish (ie: fake tanking to jump the queue). Others just may not be very skilled at or have a good understanding of the game. The armory can't make selfish people unselfish, and it can't make bad players good.

Such are the pitfalls of random grouping.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We going for a world record of fake tank posts in one week here?

Anyway, I don't see how the armory is relevant. Some people are selfish (ie: fake tanking to jump the queue). Others just may not be very skilled at or have a good understanding of the game. The armory can't make selfish people unselfish, and it can't make bad players good.

Such are the pitfalls of random grouping.

pretty sure these fake tank/role posts show up at least once a week for the last few years lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake tanks in normal dungeons dont upset me at all.

Edited by XSTRONG on 3 April 2024 18:29
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't run a random normal in a while, but its probably because there are many instances where I have joined a random normal on a real tank and have been forced to switch to the DD alt because the burn was horrific. So its just easier to jump in on the DD with a taunt and avoid the delay. Its a random normal, after all.

If you want a real tank, or are a tank who wants to run with competent DDs, run random vets.
    Edited by El_Borracho on 3 April 2024 21:39
    Options
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    If all members of the group are somewhat experienced and stick close together, a fake tank who does decent dps can actually make the run go faster. But I really wish they just slotted (and used) the undaunted taunt skill in case there's one or two newbies in the group. CP 200 Legolas in the back running for his life while being chased by a couple of enemies makes for a slow and chaotic run. There have been times when I queued as dd and started taunting, and while I don't have much of a problem with that, it bugs me that I've waited 20 minutes in queue when I could have gotten in within seconds...
    Options
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people say like this. "DD is default role, so technically there're no fake DD".
    This type of "mind set" makes the fake tanking behavior. I think fake DD actually exist.

I've never been fake tank or fake healer, but doing group mission with fake DD feel like "exhausted",
    or "meaningless support role work".

2023/12/21
    Options
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can bring the enemy armor to zero and buff group damage with all the buffs I want it won't make a skyrim RP lightattack spamming 5kdps DD kill things any faster especially because they are 40 feet away not getting the buffs anyway.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
    Options
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There're 2 type of fake tank, but very different.

1, I can accept fake tank who is actually "super canon god of DD". True experienced player.

2, I hate fake tank cheater who is just weak player and can't do self protection
    because of their low damage. And do fake tank queue just only for skipping waiting time.
    ----> kick or abandon them. Most of player can notice those type of player at the first combat
    moment of dungeon. Current "quick leaving punishment" keep punishing innocent player mostly.

2023/12/21
    Options