The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Recent epidemic of EP(?) players turning AD siege backwards on Blackreach NA PC - worth reporting?

kiwi_tea
kiwi_tea
✭✭✭
This has always been an issue with stray individuals, but as of the most recent campaign it is getting out of hand.

During certain hours of the day, a small, organised group of players (I suspect EP from where they target their actions) come onto Blackreach NA, go to fights with EP on AD toons, and constantly turn AD siege backwards. They also deliberately place (the wrong kinds of) siege at key points to weaken AD keep defense then often stand beside it doing nothing until it wears down.

This has always been a common problem, but only ever with one or two random alts who don't make the behavior too blatant. I've returned to the game after a month or two away, and it is totally out of control. I'm assuming this behaviour is reportable under "bad actions/exploiting", but I'm wondering if reporting will do anything at all, as it's really just an exacerbation of a problem that has gone on without any apparent ZOS intervention for years now. I've reported one player, but in the heat of things, it becomes hard to see who is turning all the siege around, and I know the ones doing it several hours ago are the not the same players who were doing it an hour ago.

Is it actually allowed? I'd hate to think it was. Are other factions experiencing this? I only play AD, so I don't know if we're just as guilty - or it's ***-for-tat, or anything depressing like that. I'm going to lose all motivation to play if all factions are doing this rubbish. Right now I suspect it's driven by a guild on EP, because currently it seems to be aimed at ensuring they close out the current campaign without having to worry about any serious contention. I know Grayhost is an option.
Edited by kiwi_tea on 29 March 2024 14:40
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's trolling and reportable offense for sure. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on ZOS to act on the report though. And you'll have to include videos or they won't even look at the report.

Edited by reazea on 29 March 2024 14:48
    Options
  • kiwi_tea
    kiwi_tea
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like that's basically a commitment from ZOS to allow it continue happening indefinitely, then. It's hard to track mid-fight. Trying to track who on your own team is doing it while enemies are also threatening to kill you and your teammates is very difficult. Just chasing down the guy to see his name and report him yesterday got my toon killed, cos it's happening mid-fight, while EP groups are attacking us. If video is required, rather than just a description, the investment of time to report is massively disproportionate to the investment to troll.

I'm jumping on again in a while, but if it's still happening (it went on on-and-off across nearly nine hours yesterday) then there's no point in playing at all, which point ---- yes, EP get their easy campaign win, and that's the goal on their end ---- but it's just gonna leave everyone saying to themselves "Why do I even play this game?"
    Edited by kiwi_tea on 30 March 2024 01:49
    Options
  • Just_Attivi
    Just_Attivi
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, this sort of thing has been going on by select individuals for a long while, and they seem to get riled up and bring friends over to flip and sit on siege en masse if AD gets too ambitious/when they want to annoy specific individuals. Unfortunately, unless you record a video of it happening, ZOS is unlikely to do anything with the report (god forbid we arent all streamers, recording full time, right?). What id give for any form of live support to just witness things in cyrodiil lol.

But I entirely agree, this sort of stuff just discourages people from PVPing, which leads to less PVP'ers, which leads to people whining about a lack of people playing pvp (which for many of us, is the only reason we still play this game) which leads to dead campaigns. Generally unhealthy to let trolling go unchecked, so report it, and cross your fingers some higher power is bored lol
    Options
  • kiwi_tea
    kiwi_tea
    ✭✭✭
    I logged on to EP to discuss it, in case anyone knew who was responsible. Players there thought

a) It's funny
    b) all factions do this
    c) "haha omg all AD do is complain, but can you 1v1 me?" - 14yo stuff.

But I've been playing for years, and I've never seen this sort of stuff happening in a way that favours DC, at least never to this extent. It seems like it is a very recent, very EP-specific issue.

Either way, it seems like we'll have to accept it. I just hope it's a phase, or just for end of camp.
    Options
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kiwi_tea wrote: »
    I logged on to EP to discuss it, in case anyone knew who was responsible. Players there thought

a) It's funny
    b) all factions do this
    c) "haha omg all AD do is complain, but can you 1v1 me?" - 14yo stuff.

But I've been playing for years, and I've never seen this sort of stuff happening in a way that favours DC, at least never to this extent. It seems like it is a very recent, very EP-specific issue.

Either way, it seems like we'll have to accept it. I just hope it's a phase, or just for end of camp.

Yeah, some of the most notoriously toxic players in the game main BR EP. If ZOS was to actually enforce their TOS around harassment, trolling, and bug abuse, I honestly feel like half the faction would be gone overnight.
    Options
  • kiwi_tea
    kiwi_tea
    ✭✭✭
    It died down in the past few nights, except that EP has alts ready to grab the hammer from behind enemy gates and quickly transfer it to EP. But that's so common it's barely even an exploit, just an aspect of the game that we've all come to accept. Even on Gray, the sheer number of chronically online multi-accounters means it'll still happen, but thankfully much less than on BR.
    Options