The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for Anniversary Jubilee!

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
irrhsxay9goj.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Enjoy Delicious Cake, XP Buffs, & Bonus Rewards During The 2024 Anniversary Jubilee Event"

"It’s ESO’s 10th birthday and everybody is invited! Find out how to join in the fun as we celebrate 10 years together."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 25 April 2024 15:25
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Wuduwasa13
    Wuduwasa13
    ✭✭✭
    Please would you clarify if the special drop motifs from the world events will be bound or available to trade/sell?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    awesome ^_^ looking forward to it
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wuduwasa13 wrote: »
    Please would you clarify if the special drop motifs from the world events will be bound or available to trade/sell?

While the event was on PTS, the special Styles you'd get from Dark Anchors, Vvardenfell WBs, Geysers and fishing were all bound.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • RichestGuyinEso
    RichestGuyinEso
    ✭✭✭

Guess we´ll see. Hope too they will be unbound/tradeable.
    EU PC - Independent Trading Team (ITT) - Biggest Trading Alliance on server - great community and discord - join now!
    Just contact me ingame @RichestGuyinEso
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy to see all the fun stuff for this event!

Though I do hope that the special drop style pages are improved from their PTS iteration, either by not being bound or having a better drop rate. Or even a confirmation on whether or not the pages will be farmable later, in later Jubilees or after the event ends.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master Writs will not reward a box, correct? I just don't remember from previous years.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alik'r is going to be one busy place in April.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As an extremely small chance from any fishing node during the Jubilee, you may find outfit style pages for the Trueflame Sword Replica. Yes, really!

What an awesome reference to the earlier game.

@ZOS_Kevin , you know, there are tons of visual assets that have been taken out of the game. Those include many old Dolmen drops that had unique styles.

There are also even item sets, such as the Relics of Rebellion or Thorn set, that haven't been available for so long. There is also a certain Atmoran Guar... Just giving some ideas for the future. =)

By the way, if anyone has an original Trueflame or one of those rare question mark items... Let's just say, come speak with me.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why was Chef Donolon retired? This seems odd after 8 years of having him.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin , if someone such as myself has been saving a very old Jubilee cake voucher to sell in the future, will it no longer be the case that the voucher can be used to start the Chef Dolan quest that it was originally associated with?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah and now we have to deal with getting paw fur and whisker dandruff in our cakes.

What's the backstory on the Chef Donolon cancelling?

Edit: Waiiitt a minute. I think I see a clue in the official release photo. It shows the original five companions... and I know for a fact that at least one (or possibly two) of them no longer exists, because I was there to witness it myself. Is there going to be a plot line in this year's story where Donolon offers to take the place of one of the sacrificed heroes, so that they can all be reunited for the celebration?

And on a side note: at least The Prophet's blindness is useful now, as he doesn't have to actually look at that cake!

Edited by Jaraal on 28 March 2024 20:13
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess we´ll see. Hope too they will be unbound/tradeable.

If you mean the ones from fishing and vvardenfell and such, they were bound on pts.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The horse parts are bound? Or tradeable?
  • VeiledCriticism
    VeiledCriticism
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so happy with the artwork! I enjoyed seeing their faces again.
    The five companions, Sir Cadwell, Mannimarco, the leaders of the Three Banners war, the new companions (I would have liked to have seen Sharp and Azandar), Raz, Naryu, and, of course, STUGA!
    Kudos to chef Apprentice Mogh for the cake. Let's just say that last year's cake wasn't Chef Donolon's best work.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rewards for the Worthy reward mails (the box will appear inside the parcel received)

Interesting...
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's just say that last year's cake wasn't Chef Donolon's best work.

While I'm not personally a fan of the new Molag Bal pole dancing cake, I must agree with you about last year's offering.

• metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so happy with the artwork! I enjoyed seeing their faces again.
    The five companions, Sir Cadwell, Mannimarco, the leaders of the Three Banners war, the new companions (I would have liked to have seen Sharp and Azandar), Raz, Naryu, and, of course, STUGA!
    Kudos to chef Apprentice Mogh for the cake. Let's just say that last year's cake wasn't Chef Donolon's best work.

So that is Mannimarco skulking in the back there? I thought it might be. He's probably trying to stay out of everyone's sight because he totally wasn't even invited.

I do like the group gathering; looks like they'll have quite the party.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But are we going to find out which Daedric Prince(s) were on the waitlist for Chef Donolon’s cakes???
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Let's just say that last year's cake wasn't Chef Donolon's best work.

While I'm not personally a fan of the new Molag Bal pole dancing cake, I must agree with you about last year's offering.

I absolutely adored last year's cake!
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have honestly thought the last few years cakes were absolutely awful. The first cakes actually look nice, the newer ones are so gimmicky that IMO they're very unappealing.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oof, dang, I'm travelling for the eclipse for most of that. Oh well, I'll make some of it, anyway.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on 29 March 2024 07:57
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do bosses in Infinite Archive drop boxes?
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't have the PTS enabled but I saw people talking about buying cake slices for an achievement. I saw in patch notes that we could buy some slices for single event ticket, but I am unsure if we needed to have the acheev first. I have every cake but the first. I was there day one but left and stayed away till One Tamriel was launched. I have always wantd a complete set of cakes.
    Edited by shadyjane62 on 29 March 2024 17:53
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Another small chance for a tradeable style page from any of the Bonemold, Saberkeel, or Worm Cult outfit styles" (from boxes)

how exactly is this going to work if these styles are supposed to be in the Bags of Jubilee Yesteryear? also, is the Worm Cult Outfit style different from the Crafting Motif or are they one and the same?
    Edited by laniakea_0 on 31 March 2024 08:48
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dislike that you can't actually earn all the mount fragments through playing.
    I already disliked this last year when we couldn't get all the parts for the Daedroth costume from the Jester's festival. then again this year with the seeker costume, even though it's a little better. but now this? come on! we should never have to spend tickets or buy them from others to get them all. ZOS, please cease this course of action!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laniakea_0 wrote: »
    "Another small chance for a tradeable style page from any of the Bonemold, Saberkeel, or Worm Cult outfit styles" (from boxes)

how exactly is this going to work if these styles are supposed to be in the Bags of Jubilee Yesteryear? also, is the Worm Cult Outfit style different from the Crafting Motif or are they one and the same?

Key word there being "tradeable." The ones in the bags are bound.
  • vulonsil
    vulonsil
    ✭✭
    Craft 5 Items with any skill - I hope that this endeavour both shows up during the event frequently and is here to stay in general because I really hate e.g. the enchanting one because I usually don't do writs with many characters and there are no cool enchanting (or blacksmithing) furnishings to keep making all the time if you don't have a specific project you need them for. (Clothing is fine because there is always need for pillows, plus provisioning and alchemy obvs) (Maybe make some nice-looking metal flowerpots hanging from ceiling, which are blacksmithing? Short and long chain.)
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have the PTS enabled but I saw people talking about buying cake slices for an achievement. I saw in patch notes that we could buy some slices for single event ticket, but I am unsure if we needed to have the acheev first. I have every cake but the first. I was there day one but left and stayed away till One Tamriel was launched. I have always wantd a complete set of cakes.

Some people have sold the first cake voucher over the years.

If Chef Dolan still exists during the coming event, you may be able to buy one of those old vouchers that are still on the market and get the original cake momento for yourself.

Last I checked, there was one on TTC for 30,000,000 gold.
    Don't tank

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some people have sold the first cake voucher over the years.

If Chef Dolan still exists during the coming event, you may be able to buy one of those old vouchers that are still on the market and get the original cake momento for yourself.

Last I checked, there was one on TTC for 30,000,000 gold.

Chef Donolan has been replaced by Chef Mogh it seems. Should still work the same though. Only 30 million? Huh.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    laniakea_0 wrote: »

Key word there being "tradeable." The ones in the bags are bound.

but the point of the bag is to give you any items that you can't earn anymore from any other source. that doesn't make sense if you can in fact still get them from boxes.