The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "Jester's Festival!"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for, "Laud The Looney And Earn Bonus Rewards During The Jester's Festival Event!"

"Abandon rationality and unleash your inner harlequin during this year’s Jester’s Festival in-game event!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 4 April 2024 14:35
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    awesome!

also @ZOS_Kevin there's no image in your post, there usually is, so even you can't upload images currently?
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to see that Sow parts aren't locked to the golden boxes this year. Still wish that the Stick mounts would be returning, though. Then again, there might still be hope for an April 2-4 appearance.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • LordDraw
    LordDraw
    ✭✭
    Literally me when checking prices for Scrap of Minstrel's Cloth all year on TTC.
    8k0wwn.jpg

I'm glad that this was added to all other legacy items.
    Edited by LordDraw on 21 March 2024 15:31
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is the Impresario selling bound fragments for last year's Minstrel Daedroth costume or this year's Seeker Suit? Or both?

(The article says Minstrel Daedroth but doesn't mention Seeker Suit, which seems odd.)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im hoping the drop rate on the seeker jester suit is better droprate than the daedroth one, that was bad, i think i only got like 2 as actual drops from the entire event last year

finished the suit with a combination of buying with tickets + friends giving me a few extras
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    awesome!

also @ZOS_Kevin there's no image in your post, there usually is, so even you can't upload images currently?

Yeah, didn't realized the image upload wasn't working correctly. I've escalated to Vanilla, our forum platform. So hoping to resolve this. It seems like something got messed up during last week's update.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin, is the indrik selection going to change on April 1? I think so, but just confirm that if you can?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could get a scamp playing a drum or a Daedroth wailing on a lute for our homes. That'd be a great festival prize!
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin, is the indrik selection going to change on April 1? I think so, but just confirm that if you can?

According to the thread listing the Q1 events, Jester’s festival is the third and final, so the available Indrik berries won’t change until the following event (Anniversary). Also, the Dawnwood and Spectral Indrik berries are specifically listed as being available during the Jester’s event.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on 21 March 2024 20:01
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    TaSheen wrote: »

The Indriks selection should rotate after this event.
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what Maitsukas said in another thread, I just don't remember that being the case in the past. I'm not complaining though!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ShawnF
    ShawnF
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any chance of the minstrel cloth fragments dropping from festival boxes, or will they only be available with event tickets? I know they're not listed as potential drops, I'm curious whether that's accurate. Thanks.
  • WhosTheFancyOneNow
    WhosTheFancyOneNow
    ✭✭✭
    mudballs seemed absent from the available items? thats a relief actually. we still pinging the nobles though yes?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mudballs seemed absent from the available items? thats a relief actually. we still pinging the nobles though yes?

That’s part of the New Life festival.
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    i hope the drop rate of Sovereign Sow can be better.i did a lot of event quest during the past two jesters festivals,still missing 3 pieces.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Is the Impresario selling bound fragments for last year's Minstrel Daedroth costume or this year's Seeker Suit? Or both?

(The article says Minstrel Daedroth but doesn't mention Seeker Suit, which seems odd.)

I was wondering the same thing.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »
    Ilsabet wrote: »

I was wondering the same thing.

When this was on PTS she was selling both, Seeker style pages and "Scraps of Minstrel's cloth" for the daedroth costume.
    PC EU
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    evymyu233 wrote: »
    i hope the drop rate of Sovereign Sow can be better.i did a lot of event quest during the past two jesters festivals,still missing 3 pieces.

You either seem to get far too many items or far too few ones, not a nice middle amount....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would really be nice if the key points:

- Start Time
    - End Time
    - How to get tickets

was noted in the first or second item in threads like these.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the Sovereign Sow talk, like Prince Merkimer?
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, for Jester's, you smack nobles with pies.
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would really be nice if the key points:

- Start Time
    - End Time
    - How to get tickets

was noted in the first or second item in threads like these.

The article linked in the first post has that info.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah and it's the best part of the Jester's fest. :)

I don't think I can do it anymore if I've already completed the achievement though. Which is a shame. Ayrenn and Jorunn and Emeric all need a little more humble pie, imo.
  • Keen
    Keen
    ✭✭
    So Cadwell's Armor Pack was in the crown store every year since 2019, but you decide not to bring it back this year? Also the article says that Cadwell's Cat is in the crown store, but it's not. Been waiting all year for the Armor pack. Incredibly disappointing.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

Yeah and it's the best part of the Jester's fest. :)

I don't think I can do it anymore if I've already completed the achievement though. Which is a shame. Ayrenn and Jorunn and Emeric all need a little more humble pie, imo.

Having the achievement shouldn't prevent you from using the pies from your quickslot. If you just happen to be aiming your cursor at Emeric or Ayrenn, who's gonna stop you? :tongue:

FIUwsma.jpg

Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The tooltip that pops up when you acquire the pie of misrule does not seem to have been updated, as it refers both to the pie being in the tools section of collectibles, and to the pie being needed for the XP boost.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    "However, unlike previous years, you will no longer need to obtain or use the Pie of Misrule to take advantage of the 100% XP buff. This bonus will now be shared passively to all adventurers participating in Tamriel’s wackiest holiday. That said, it doesn’t make the pie any less scrumptious!"

I'm not seeing this Bonus XP information on the in-game announcement. I've seen some guildies confused about this, so it'd be nice to see this attractive feature communicated in-game in some fashion. The announcement screen seems like the best place IMO.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone help me out here...... please :)

The Sovereign Sow..... I have been playing this game for ten years and I have completed the Jester's Festival quests all the while it has been running, but I have always had the Sovereign Libations fragment missing. It seemingly NEVER drops.

Am I doing something wrong? Or am I just plagued by the worst case of decade-long RNG ever?????

:/
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never gotten a fragment for it.