The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is it possible to get older ESO+ items that were free?

Omegacron
Omegacron
✭✭✭
Someone told me in-game that you could still get certain ESO+ free items (like the statuettes), even though they're no longer available in the crown store, by contacting ZOS. Is this true? Has anyone else heard of this? If it's true, how do you contact ZOS? It's not like they have a 1-800 number posted here somewhere.
  • Misty_Shafow
    Misty_Shafow
    Soul Shriven
    hi ! , the free items you get from eso + is related to that month i dont think you cant take them after that month is over
    however you can ask support directly via support ticket and ask them about it :smile:
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sadly no.

i really hope eventually we'll be able to get old eso+ items
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the answer from support is usually no, they will sometimes give items that were missed or lost. I had a couple of the cakes magically dissappear and they restored them to my account.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the ESO+ Items will rotate back in, but you have to be patient.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am hoping that previous years free rewards will come back. I'd even be happy to purchase them in the Crown Store.

There was a really nice body marking that was given out as a daily login reward back in 2019:

ON-body_marking-Ancient_Dragon_Body_Marks.jpg

I really like it, as it's not over the top flashy and has a nice subtle glow to it in the dark.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I remember none of the statuettes, paintings or other ESO+ free items have been made available again. Which doesn't mean it will never happen, but it means currently there's no reason to expect it.

(Personally I think they should, they could have 1 new and 1 returning item each month, so you still have to subscribe to ESO+ to get them but people who missed some for whatever reason have another chance.)
    Shara_Wynn wrote: »
    I am hoping that previous years free rewards will come back. I'd even be happy to purchase them in the Crown Store.

There was a really nice body marking that was given out as a daily login reward back in 2019:

I really like it, as it's not over the top flashy and has a nice subtle glow to it in the dark.

Login rewards are different to ESO+ free items, those usually are available again at some point, but either as paid crown store purchases or in crates. For example the Draping Locks hairstyle currently in the crown store was a login reward at some point previously.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only if they reward them again and/or have them as a "daily reward".
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen any of the mini ESO + free statuettes, paintings or anything else be offered again anywhere, even in the crown store (thank heavens).
    Login daily rewards either - never been offered again, anywhere.

Personally, I don't like it when they recycle items that were offered before.

I get that newer players would like them but come on.... they are a bit like an item of recognition for how long some of us have been playing!
    If people that started last month can get items we got 8 or 10 years ago then what's the point.... it makes them a lot less special for me.
    Like the Anniversary cakes that people were saying they wanted to be able to get the old ones. Why? They weren't playing in 2016, why should they be able to flaunt a 2016 cake in their house? If they just want different cakes let ZoS make a bunch as furnishings that aren't related to a specific event.

Free rewards for plus members and items like this that was a daily should remain just that. It was for THAT day and you had to be here then and log in, sorry. Doesn't matter if willing to pay crowns or anything else. I've missed a daily on occasion that I really liked - I'd never even think of asking for them to give it to me after the fact.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine that they do this.

I hope at least that they leave these kinds of rewards and the free Plus rewards out of it. Bad enough they start bringing back old event stuff that we busted our you-know-what to earn tickets to get, thinking it was now or never... only to see them offered back years later. Not even worth worrying about event stuff any more, I mean, why bother.

You can think of it as being selfish of me or whatever you want. It's not selfish. It's being proud of this game and how long I've been playing it and proud of the items I have to show off that verify all that.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Belegnole wrote: »
    While the answer from support is usually no, they will sometimes give items that were missed or lost. I had a couple of the cakes magically dissappear and they restored them to my account.

That's different.
    They would be able to tell that you had them, so it was just restoring a lost item to you, not giving you items you weren't here for or never had.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alastrine wrote: »
    I get that newer players would like them but come on.... they are a bit like an item of recognition for how long some of us have been playing!
    If people that started last month can get items we got 8 or 10 years ago then what's the point.... it makes them a lot less special for me.

Does it really work like that though? If you visit someone else's house and see their statuettes are you really able to tell when they were subscribed to get them?

For example I have (among others) statues of Azura, Kynareth, Sheogorath and a Senche-raht. Could you tell from that (without looking it up) which months I subscribed? Or does it just tell you that at some point/s I subscribed for at least 4 months?

(That's a genuine question BTW. I always hear people say this but I don't even remember when I got the statues I have, so I find it hard to believe other people remember when they were all released to tell when someone was subscribed.)
    Edited by Danikat on 28 March 2024 17:22
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

Does it really work like that though? If you visit someone else's house and see their statuettes are you really able to tell when they were subscribed to get them?

For example I have (among others) statues of Azura, Kynareth, Sheogorath and a Senche-raht. Could you tell from that (without looking it up) which months I subscribed? Or does it just tell you that at some point/s I subscribed for at least 4 months?

(That's a genuine question BTW. I always hear people say this but I don't even remember when I got the statues I have, so I find it hard to believe other people remember when they were all released to tell when someone was subscribed.)

For statues, no, a date doesn't show when you look at them.
    So for them its just a matter of 'do i have that one or not'.
    I wasn't saying for things like the statues that it advertises the date we got them.... but people that have been around a long time might know 'wow, I've actually had that one a long time' and not know the precise date they got it, if that makes sense.
    Not to mention that just the fact some who have been playing a long time will have so many of them!
    For birthday cakes a date does show when you look at them.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I wasn't saying for things like the statues that it advertises the date we got them.... but people that have been around a long time might know 'wow, I've actually had that one a long time' and not know the precise date they got it, if that makes sense.
    Not to mention that just the fact some who have been playing a long time will have so many of them!

They're just furnishings that people want because they look nice.

Knowing when they released isn't a special thing and im certainly not impressed someone else had money for eso Plus in the past when others didn't or just weren't playing eso yet.

i didn't get the 2018 anniversary cake, but i still played eso in 2018. same goes for 2020.

Having old jubilee cakes means you did the cake quest during that year's Jubilee. Which is like 1 minute out of an entire year.

another example:
    Having the Azura, Moon and Star, statuette means you had eso plus during April 2019 and were online for at least a few seconds to claim it.
    Awesome if you like the furnishing, but it really does not have to be exclusive to that time in the past.

Most crown store items have returned several times so it'll probably happen for the past eso plus rewards eventually. if not then people will of course continue requesting for it anyways.

i think the only items besides eso plus rewards that haven't returned are mounts and pets from dungeon collector's packs and pre ordering chapters. And those will very likely stay exclusive even though they also don't have to be.
    There's your mounts and pets of recognition for uh spending money in the past.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

They're just furnishings that people want because they look nice.

Knowing when they released isn't a special thing and im certainly not impressed someone else had money for eso Plus in the past when others didn't or just weren't playing eso yet.

Never said anything about trying to impress anyone - especially someone I don't even know - and why would I care if someone knows I had Plus or when? What a strange comment... Anyway, my houses aren't even open to the public.

It's just the basic idea. An item was offered or tied to an event and it was intended for people who at that time, for whatever reason, played in a way that had access to it.
    I think items like that should stay that way.
    It's not like there are not more statues coming out continuously etc.
    *Shrugs*
    You do you, that's my opinion on it is all :)
  • Omegacron
    Omegacron
    ✭✭✭
    FYI - According to the person who answered my ticket, their policy no longer allows this and only items that are currently in the Crown Store can be obtained.

As for the other discussion, I've had a sub since the game came out, even played in the beta. I just didn't happen to log in on the specific days or event that the items in question were available. The only reason I thought getting them might still be possible is because someone else mentioned in conversation that ZOS support had been able to accommodate them on a similar request, which was apparently true... they're just not doing it anymore due to a policy change.

At any rate, looks like I'm out of luck on getting those particular items. :(
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the Imagkin monkey, but didn't play back then. Wonder if I could petition support for this?
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like the Imagkin monkey, but didn't play back then. Wonder if I could petition support for this?

That monkey was only for people who participated in the Beta version of the game, prior to official release.

It should never be released again, IMO... it stands almost as a badge of honor for those players who essentially tested the game in Beta. I think players who have it would like it to stay that way too.

(for the record I do not have it, sadly, I started playing upon official release)

Players really kind of need to stop wanting all the old exclusive things to be brought back for them... look ahead to the new things coming, they are always coming up with new stuff anyway and they do already bring back a lot of stuff that was supposedly exclusive at the time as it is. I figure that people who have been playing a long time actually should have stuff that no one else has or can get any more. I've always felt that way. Leave us our dusty old rewards lol.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That monkey was only for people who participated in the Beta version of the game, prior to official release.

It should never be released again, IMO... it stands almost as a badge of honor for those players who essentially tested the game in Beta. I think players who have it would like it to stay that way too.

(for the record I do not have it, sadly, I started playing upon official release)

Players really kind of need to stop wanting all the old exclusive things to be brought back for them... look ahead to the new things coming, they are always coming up with new stuff anyway and they do already bring back a lot of stuff that was supposedly exclusive at the time as it is. I figure that people who have been playing a long time actually should have stuff that no one else has or can get any more. I've always felt that way. Leave us our dusty old rewards lol.

I have the monkey on my original beta account. Can't remember how it went down back in the day but I had to make another account for some reason during the launch which has been my main account since. Sadly the monkey was left on my original account.

Not a big deal but still annoyed it's only on that account :tired_face:
    And yeah I agree. It was a beta reward and should not come back at any point. Definately a badge of honor.

Also, if you miss stuff, you miss stuff. You just have to deal with FOMO. If someone decided to sub for 10 years in the game maybe they deserve to have a full collection. (well not 10 years, can't remember when they started giving out eso+ stuff).
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Omegacron
    Omegacron
    ✭✭✭

For the record, I agree on things like the monkey - that was exclusive for beta testers and, like you said, is kind of a badge of honor for those players. The items I'm talking about, though, were just little statuette furnishings available for free to ESO+ subscribers for around a week. I had an ESO+ sub during the week in question, I just didn't play the game that week and therefore didn't claim the statue. Under those conditions, I was hoping they could make an exception. Ah well... I'll live.