The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Horses can swim.

VadimAleks
VadimAleks
✭✭✭
Anyone! Tell the developers that horses can swim and a foot-deep puddle is no reason for a horse to hide in my pocket, leaving me knee-deep in water.
No more levels and skills, only degradation!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a true fact!
    PCNA
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So can cats, bears, and deer (which I guess an Indrik is related). Would assume wolves too, as my dog can swim. But yes, nothing is more annoying than trotting across a stream, like the ones in Craglorn, only to see you dismount.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like to compare ESO to other games but this is exactly how it used to be in WoW. Any time a mount would step in water, even a puddle, it would dismount the rider. They changed it so now the mount swims across with the rider still on its back. This is more realistic and what should happen here.
    PCNA
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this is beyond silly this is not a thing.

Have they ever stated specifically WHY they have not implemented this? Lack of desire? Engine limitations (unlikely in my mind)?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming from Oblivion and Skyrim (where mounts swim just fine) I remain surprised they cannot not in ESO.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on 27 March 2024 17:03
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • VadimAleks
    VadimAleks
    ✭✭✭
    Let it be slow, but no mount/dismount in every puddle. Especially considering the famous “endless combat” bug in Cyrodiil, when I died a long time ago, respawned on the other end of the map, stood in front of the banker for 10 minutes and was constantly "in combat".
    No more levels and skills, only degradation!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mount could swim at the same speed that the character does now so this wouldn't be giving any advantage.
    PCNA
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mount could swim at the same speed that the character does now so this wouldn't be giving any advantage.

Argonians on horseback racing to first place.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would definitely make questing in Blackmarsh zones like Murkmire way less annoying if automatic unmounting in water wasn't a thing. I would support a QoL change in this direction.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.zenimaxonline.com/careers

They want a new lead animation guy, maybe theyll get a horsey person for their next game.
    Edited by Pelanora on 28 March 2024 08:55
  • Galeriano2
    Galeriano2
    ✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    https://www.zenimaxonline.com/careers

They want a new lead animation guy, maybe theyll get a horsey person for their next game.

If I remember correctly there was a position for something like vehicle designer for their new game
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they won’t let the mounts swim, what about a perk that grants them horseshoes of Water Walk?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they won’t let the mounts swim, what about a perk that grants them horseshoes of Water Walk?

I would not mind more of a developed skill line for mounts.
    Has to be earned and there are pros and cons.

Running across water would be great but go to far, you get slaughterfished

I would love to see mount charges on opponents, do to awesome damage, but you can get dismounted or blocked and you get to take heavy damage.

Help pull siege engines, help rebuild walls as they can move resources

Would love to see potions for mounts - more speed, health, breath fire, but they have to stop and poop at inconvenient times (ie. during a charge)

I also think mounts could be companions - chat with them, dance with them, dress them up

Perhaps I need a dog IRL?

• SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it’s the kind of thing that really defines eso

stuck in combat, cc break, pvp lag
  • soelslaev
    soelslaev
    ✭✭
    You folks complaining about swimming horses when no one can walk over an ankle high step as it if was a chest high wall?
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ add it to the list
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    But yes, nothing is more annoying than trotting across a stream, like the ones in Craglorn, only to see you dismount.

Challenge accepted:
    I’ll just jump over this str… Oh a torchbug!
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If horses get to swim, my Nix-Ox should be able to walk on water like a water strider.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a thread with nearly the same name about 7 or 8 years ago.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this changing...
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing - there are not a lot of animals that *can't* swim. Except dragons, maybe.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But yes, nothing is more annoying than trotting across a stream, like the ones in Craglorn, only to see you dismount.

Challenge accepted:
    I’ll just jump over this str… Oh a torchbug!

LOL. The cousin of "let me rez you, but first, I'll check my menu"