The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

archive furnishings are not dropping

athena9205
athena9205
✭✭✭
The patch notes say the 20 furnishings come from chests inside the archive. Well i've opened 20 so far and no furnishing yet. When doing WB and delve quests i would get a furnishing drop in the coffer about 1:4. So this must be bugged badly.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The loot pool in there is just too big. It's honestly pretty absurd. Leads, style pages, base game furnishings, necrom furnishings, IA v 1.0 furnishings, IA v 2.0 furnishings, IA reward fragments... probably something else I didn't think of too. They should sell a rotating selection of the furnishing plans on the vendor for archival fortunes. I'm not about to run it 200 times to maybe get a couple of the new plans.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i know other people have gotten new plans so perhaps it's just a really low drop rate
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported something similar myself but if the pool is so huge it makes sense that the chance of something dropping is so low, hopefully they can fix it
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Lazy_Voyager
    Lazy_Voyager
    ✭✭✭
    The RNG for furnishings, books especially, is abysmal. I think I've collected 2 books in about 100 chests, maybe a half dozen furnishings total at best. They're a neat thing if they drop but I think going in to IA to farm anything other than fortunes might not be a good use of time.
    Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege, labora et invenies.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The RNG for furnishings, books especially, is abysmal. I think I've collected 2 books in about 100 chests, maybe a half dozen furnishings total at best. They're a neat thing if they drop but I think going in to IA to farm anything other than fortunes might not be a good use of time.

I've just done 50 runs and gotten my pony. Had books drop regularly -albeit less than the first few weeks. Have at least 10 books. Gotten every golden drop at least once and almost all of the rest.

Things that help:
    double furnishing cp slotted
    just dropping in to do the pre-start area urns -can get lucky there (not gold)
    do the side quests
    some books are buyable from vendor
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten 5 in 2 runs - went to high arc stages though so plenty of opportunity for more chests.
  • praxis
    praxis
    ✭✭✭
    It’s also really annoying that the (bound) fragments keep dropping after the collectibles have been acquired.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us trade fragments for furnishings at least lol
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The loot pool in there is just too big. It's honestly pretty absurd. Leads, style pages, base game furnishings, necrom furnishings, IA v 1.0 furnishings, IA v 2.0 furnishings, IA reward fragments... probably something else I didn't think of too. They should sell a rotating selection of the furnishing plans on the vendor for archival fortunes. I'm not about to run it 200 times to maybe get a couple of the new plans.

a lot of those things can drop in tandem with each other

such as the leads + furnishing plans, ive managed to get 1 of each in a single loot before, or the collectible pieces (which shouldnt even be dropping for me since ive finished all of them) + furnishing plans

i think in total theres around 100 furnishing plans between the original amount and the newly added amount, so far ive gotten at least a few of the new furnishing plans (4-5) in a couple of runs
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014