The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Item/Guild/Achievement Links broken in RU version of game client

seggert
seggert
Soul Shriven
Bug: Interface fonts error/trouble
How to reproduce: Launch game client with russian localization, link any item or achievement in chat
How can be fixed now: Launch game client with any language except russian (English, Deutch confirmed, other - wasn't tested)
---
After Update 41 launch some text parts in RU version of game client was broken.
Any phrase, text block, message that contains clickable link (like |H1:item:45810:1:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0|hJode|h and other) won't be displayed at all for all, who plays ESO using russian language in game client. This problem occurs in chat, mail system (vending messages etc), MOTDs and also in all addons that used default fonts for displaying such information.

Disabling/Enabling addons, changing resolution or interface scaling won't help with solving this kind of problem
Some sample img (partial comparsion of same interface parts in RU and EN game clients) attached

flstiq18r5tz.jpg
Edited by seggert on 15 March 2024 22:58
  • Tarius
    Tarius
    Soul Shriven
    Can confirm.
    "MotD" and "About Us" are empty in RU game client, works fine in EN.
    Any links or text coloring in other places (such as chat or mail) can broke text display.
  • LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug has a place to be. And the fact that this is not indicated in the topic "known problems" worries me. I had to install an addon to change fonts in order to fix the names of the items
  • L0rDi
    L0rDi
    ZOS are aware of the problem and are looking for a solution?
    Strange silence
  • tishina_vbg
    tishina_vbg
    Soul Shriven
    Can confirm, I have the same problem. Also I know many people suffer too.
  • Plada
    Plada
    Soul Shriven
    Yes! I really hope that this problem will be solved, because this problem affects everyone who uses ru-localization.

But I also wanted confirmation from the team that you know about the problem and included it in the list that needs to be solved with the update.
  • RomaNTIC
    RomaNTIC
    ✭✭
    I confirm. I have the same issue too with Update 41 being implemented
  • tishina_vbg
    tishina_vbg
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Kevin could you please check this thread and pass bug to the team. Or may be ru localization is not a prior atm.
  • Orion_33
    Orion_33
    Soul Shriven
    I'm confirming that too. You can use the fix for now.
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3830-LinkstoRuFonts.html
  • LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orion_33 wrote: »
    I'm confirming that too. You can use the fix for now.
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3830-LinkstoRuFonts.html

Of course, it's not difficult to solve this problem with addons. However, it is more important for us to understand whether the game still supports Russian fonts or ZOS is starting a plan to phase out the localization of the game. A new chapter is coming out soon and transparency is needed to adjust personal plans to buy it or not.
    @ZOS_Kevin , you are the most active of the ZOS-team, can you clarify this issue?
  • Plada
    Plada
    Soul Shriven
    Addons are great, but I would really like to hear an answer from the team. Is this planned for patches, or can those who use Ru-localization not even count on future support? Because at the moment it looks like they are simply not paying attention to us.
  • seggert
    seggert
    Soul Shriven
    For now there is two mini-updates already was published but problem still not fixed.
    @ZOS_Kevin , @ZOS_GinaBruno - is there at least a small chance that this "bug" was seen, known and planned to fix?