The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Xbox Achievements not appearing

• zsquared8080
    zsquared8080
    ✭✭
    I'm also canceling my ESO+ renewal if there isn't acknowledgement of this issue soon. I don't consider starting from scratch on the EU server a reasonable workaround for most players. This seems like an ongoing issue with xbox achievements that was made more severe with account-wide achievements, with a spike in cases due to the delayed rollout of Necrom achievements. I hope something can be done soon.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay here. Just wanted to confirm we are working on a solution to grant any Necrom Xbox achievements you should have earned prior to them getting fixed. Will keep you all posted on the progress and any ETAs.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • WulfTek
    WulfTek
    Soul Shriven
    Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay here. Just wanted to confirm we are working on a solution to grant any Necrom Xbox achievements you should have earned prior to them getting fixed. Will keep you all posted on the progress and any ETAs.

Excellent news, but this is a common issue in general where the Xbox achievements don't unlock across all achievements. Could this update not instead include fixes for achievements across the board? Whilst I haven't had the issue myself, a close friend has and they have repeatedly been effectively turned away by support multiple times.
  • Barrenjer
    Barrenjer
    ✭✭

That’s great, but why just Necrom? I still have a High Isle achievement not unlocked that should be.

I find myself almost scared to go for any Xbox achievement because if it doesn’t pop I feel like there is no way to get it. How can this be fixed and how can we be assured the achievements will pop as they should?

Edited by Barrenjer on 30 June 2023 00:43
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Barrenjer wrote: »

That’s great, but why just Necrom? I still have a High Isle achievement not unlocked that should be.

I find myself almost scared to go for any Xbox achievement because if it doesn’t pop I feel like there is no way to get it. How can this be fixed and how can we be assured the achievements will pop as they should?

Which High Isle achievement is it?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • WulfTek
    WulfTek
    Soul Shriven

Edit: I'm an idiot and can't read.

The achievement my friend has had this issue with is Imperial Lightbringer though, for what it's worth. Not a High Isle achievement but yeah, this can happen for any Xbox achievement.
    Edited by WulfTek on 30 June 2023 16:21
  • Barrenjer
    Barrenjer
    ✭✭

Champion of High Isle, which shows in my journal was unlocked on 8/2/2022. The Xbox achievement is still locked.

Also:
    Champion of Blackwood, unlocked 6/14/2022, still locked on Xbox.
  • Cloat
    Cloat
    Soul Shriven
    Im also missing some xbox achievements that i have unlocked on several characters:

Coldharbour Master Explorer - unlocked 2022-07-08
    Council of the Five Companions - unlocked 2022-07-08
    The God of Schemes - unlocked 2022-07-08
  • TerrinI
    TerrinI
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Necrom? Are you guys only fixing Necrom achievements? I contacted support forever ago and they said that they would notify the devs but that I had to wait for them to fix XBox achievements not working.

I never got my XBox achievement for completing Dreadsail Reef within 30 days and, quite some time ago, I quit running it because my stickerbook is totally full and yet I still don't have my XBox achievement for ever completing DSR.

Please make sure the devs don't overfocus on just Necrom and fix the older achievements too and please talk to your support staff if they dropped the ball and didn't pass on the bug report.

Thank you.
  • WulfTek
    WulfTek
    Soul Shriven
    TerrinI wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I never got my XBox achievement for completing Dreadsail Reef within 30 days and, quite some time ago, I quit running it because my stickerbook is totally full and yet I still don't have my XBox achievement for ever completing DSR.

It should be noted, the "within 30 days" achievements are not actually achievements. They're Challenges, a long forgotten feature the Xbox One launched with to essentially have Gamerscore-less, time limited achievements. If you "miss" one it doesn't appear on your list. To have 'missed' them is kinda the point. Not many games still support it tbh, the number of active Challenges running at any one time is in the single digits nowadays.

As it stands today there's 161 achievements, if your counter says there's more then the difference is the number of Challenges you've completed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno has there been any internal discussions regarding Xbox achievements across the board not unlocking for some players?
    Edited by WulfTek on 5 July 2023 18:28
  • xosaara137ox
    xosaara137ox
    ✭✭✭

I agree here, I have 2 accounts, one has had no issues unlocking stuff, the other is missing at least 5 if not more Xbox achievements that I have unlocked in game, including some base game achievements like “Pact Vanquisher”.

As others have said, is there a way to push a “check in game achievement status” when new updates come through?
    Edited by xosaara137ox on 9 July 2023 01:27
  • Barrenjer
    Barrenjer
    ✭✭
    Will this ever be fixed? I had a momentary glimmer of hope that this problem would at least be acknowledged. But as is typical, all the response I get is little more than a shrug.
  • MonaLisa
    MonaLisa
    ✭✭✭
    What is the current status? When will we get the XBox Necrom achievements?
    ✭✭
    Can we please get a update as it's been about a month now sense necrom chapter was released for Xbox. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • colzo
    colzo
    Soul Shriven
    Can we please get a update as it's been about a month now sense necrom chapter was released for Xbox. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

I too am looking for an update on this, I completed necrom before the achievements came out and therefor I’ve unlocked the ingame achievement for champion of apocrypha but the Xbox won’t unlock, even tho I have hero of necrom achievement unlocked which requires completing the same thing & more
  • MonaLisa
    MonaLisa
    ✭✭✭
    Another patch and still no repair Necrom Xbox achievements. I now think there is no effort to find a solution. I have completed quests in all areas, done all Vet raids. For "old players" the only option is to play for Achievements or pick flowers. It's really sad that it's all about making things easier for new players (see PTS).
    ✭✭
    And it’s not just Necrom. I have Xbox achievements from High Isle and Blackwood that won’t unlock. The lack of response or even acknowledgment of the problem is disheartening.
  • WulfTek
    WulfTek
    Soul Shriven
    Further to the above, here's proof my friend's Xbox achievement has not popped despite having the in-game achievement.
    648mcnq65t6c.jpg
    cgwmjt27wshg.png

There is no solution, the only way he's ever getting that achievement is if a fix or overhaul to how the popping of Xbox (and I presume PlayStation) achievements are handled, or the implementation of a failsafe to catch the ones that don't pop initially.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven’t heard of any PS achievements not working, I assume it is an XBox issue only.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• MonaLisa
    MonaLisa
    ✭✭✭
    I find the lack of communication extremely bad. I assume that this bug will not be fixed. It only affects players who made the mistake of attempting the raid on day 1.
    Probably now, after 3 years, the end of my journey in TESO has come. There is nothing really exciting to keep me in the game anymore. Even Fallout 76 currently offers more interesting things than TESO. And I'm really looking forward to Starfield now.
    Soul Shriven
    It has been just shy of 2 months since we were last updated on the ongoing and historical achievement issues, is there any progress on this @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
  • arteen_eso
    arteen_eso
    ✭✭

It's been half a year. Is there any update on getting these missing Xbox achievements rectified?
  • Telos_Tim
    Telos_Tim
    ✭✭✭
    As of Update 41, I just got the Champion of Apocrypha achievement in-game for completing the Necrom main questline, and it never granted me the associated Xbox achievement.

Would love this to be fixed.
  • Telos_Tim
    Telos_Tim
    ✭✭✭