The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Rune of Displacement and Unleashed Terror

NoSoup
NoSoup
✭✭✭✭
Before Farming Unleashed Terror (somehow don't already have the set collected) was hoping someone could give me a yes or no answer. Does the Pull from Rune of Displacement (Arcanist skill) proc the bleed on Unleashed Terror?
Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont think ive used rune of displacement much, but it will depend if the pull action itself deals direct dmg

if it only does the pull and does not do dmg, then it wont proc it, as that is a requirement of the proc (dealing direct dmg with a pull/gap closer)

so it works with streak, or crit charge for sure

it would not work with mist form because that is a dot

it also does not work with beckoning armor as that does no dmg

reading over the description of rune of displacement, it applies a dot after the pull, so no, i dont think it will proc unleashed terror
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Easier answer, Unleashed Terror is underwhelming on a good day. I have tried this set out on a lot of different builds, with different skills, sets, CP, etc. Never found it was successful in realizing the damage it promised.

EDIT: I assumed this was for PVP
    Edited by El_Borracho on 18 March 2024 18:05
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easier answer, Unleashed Terror is underwhelming on a good day. I have tried this set out on a lot of different builds, with different skills, sets, CP, etc. Never found it was successful in realizing the damage it promised.

Nah, putting together an infintie archive build pairing it with serpent's disdane.

At this stage leaning towards either Templar or Sorc as they seem to be the only two classes that could give me multiple procs from the same skill.
    Edited by NoSoup on 19 March 2024 03:12
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stampede is great for mass procing unleashed terror which any class can get, but requires running 2h

im assuming if you wanted to use sorc streak for mobility/avoiding the enemies it would make sense too
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NoSoup wrote: »

Nah, putting together an infintie archive build pairing it with serpent's disdane.

At this stage leaning towards either Templar or Sorc as they seem to be the only two classes that could give me multiple procs from the same skill.

Interesting. In theory, that would extend the Hemorrhaging effect from Unleashed. Have you tried it out on a dummy? I wonder how that compares to running Blooddrinker with Carve and Executioner.
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    stampede is great for mass procing unleashed terror which any class can get, but requires running 2h

im assuming if you wanted to use sorc streak for mobility/avoiding the enemies it would make sense too

Yep.

Thought about stampede but want to stick to a destro staff for elemental susceptibility to proc burning, chilled and concussed from the one skill. Idea in my head is to streak through enemies, turn around and hit them with ele to give me 20 seconds of burning, hemorraging, chilled and concussed. Early on it won't be too great but once you start picking up focused effort visions the damage should really ramp up (I'm thinking, yet to actually go in there with the build).

Stuck on deciding between ice or lightning staff, ice will give me minor brittle while lightning and oakensoul will make the early rounds faster until I've picked up focused efforts. Propably need both, start with lightning and switch to ice as I progress to the harder arcs.
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭

Interesting. In theory, that would extend the Hemorrhaging effect from Unleashed. Have you tried it out on a dummy? I wonder how that compares to running Blooddrinker with Carve and Executioner.

Haven't been able to test it yet. Been forced to solo through Castle Thorn normal becuase the queue for it takes so long during aussie prime time. Finally got enough set pieces last night to be able to put something together so will test it out tonight. Hopefully it hasn't been a complete waste of time.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep.

Thought about stampede but want to stick to a destro staff for elemental susceptibility to proc burning, chilled and concussed from the one skill. Idea in my head is to streak through enemies, turn around and hit them with ele to give me 20 seconds of burning, hemorraging, chilled and concussed. Early on it won't be too great but once you start picking up focused effort visions the damage should really ramp up (I'm thinking, yet to actually go in there with the build).

Stuck on deciding between ice or lightning staff, ice will give me minor brittle while lightning and oakensoul will make the early rounds faster until I've picked up focused efforts. Propably need both, start with lightning and switch to ice as I progress to the harder arcs.

ice staff is better if your trying to tank in this build, but fire staff is technically better as it increases dmg from all DOTs and status effects from the destro passives

if you have serpents disdain on too, unleashed terror reapplies it every tick for like 10 or 15 sec itself, so hemorrhaging will end up lasting close to 30-40 seconds (duration of unleashed terror + 20 seconds after it ends)

the build that im running on my experimental necro is a oakensoul + serpents disdain + explosive rebuke (though im probably gonna change this out with the cinders of anthelmir)

necromancer already has built in bonus to dots, and can proc diseased with pestilent colossus (or animate blastbones), and guarantee hemorrhaging with ruinous scythe (which im also using as a heal too)

one nice thing about serpents disdain is it does make it incredibly easy to maintain a 3 stack hemorrhaging, which over the course of a fight is actually slightly stronger than burning (which makes sense according to the patch notes), though i do miss the minor mangle from it lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep.

ice staff is better if your trying to tank in this build, but fire staff is technically better as it increases dmg from all DOTs and status effects from the destro passives

if you have serpents disdain on too, unleashed terror reapplies it every tick for like 10 or 15 sec itself, so hemorrhaging will end up lasting close to 30-40 seconds (duration of unleashed terror + 20 seconds after it ends)

the build that im running on my experimental necro is a oakensoul + serpents disdain + explosive rebuke (though im probably gonna change this out with the cinders of anthelmir)

necromancer already has built in bonus to dots, and can proc diseased with pestilent colossus (or animate blastbones), and guarantee hemorrhaging with ruinous scythe (which im also using as a heal too)

one nice thing about serpents disdain is it does make it incredibly easy to maintain a 3 stack hemorrhaging, which over the course of a fight is actually slightly stronger than burning (which makes sense according to the patch notes), though i do miss the minor mangle from it lol

hmmmm interesting. Whole point of this exercise is to get a build that can carry me as far as possible into IA. The hemorraging on necro completely negates the need for unleashed which would allow me to wear a more defensive set like warrior poet. Only thing I dislike about necro is the lack of a strong shield for the later arcs.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep.

hmmmm interesting. Whole point of this exercise is to get a build that can carry me as far as possible into IA. The hemorraging on necro completely negates the need for unleashed which would allow me to wear a more defensive set like warrior poet. Only thing I dislike about necro is the lack of a strong shield for the later arcs.

if your trying to go for distance, i would recommend a very tanky warden setup

i havent experimented with my necromancer setup as much, but i can tank the arc 4 marauders pretty easy (ice staff heavy attack gives shields, which im usually doing a lot of anyway while dots are ticking) (gear on this toon is oakensoul + serpents disdain + explosive rebuke (though i want to change this to cinders of anthelmir), and 1pc baron zaudrus)

the character ive made it to arc 10 with is my tanky warden (gear for this toon is iceheart monster + perfected pearlescent ward + ice furnace), warden makes it easier with focused efforts because of the significantly increased dmg to chill status effect

i usually run in a duo though, so if im on a more tanky setup then im usually running with a DPS oriented friend
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭

It was useful before they changed maelstrom 2h and DoT. Once it could bleed an entire group of werewolves to death. Now it does almost nothing. (back then many were farming this set with me, like some sort of meta)

for PvE it's no better. 10 seconds is too long for mobs while the dot is too weak for bosses to justify the cost of stampede.
    Edited by moo_2021 on 22 March 2024 22:15
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finaly got my Sorc into IA with Serpent's Disdane and Unleashed Terror. Very happy with the results, streak applies hemorraging to all enemies in your path, on a Sorc hemorraging was doing more dps than Burning (applied from ele sus). Was able to melt Thoat bosses in Arc 4 with just ele sus and sreak as only offensive skills and just harden ward through everything.

Was only a test run and ran out of time to go beyound but excited to see how far this can go when I have a few hours up my sleave. Only picked up the one focused vision so imagine it should get a lot better with the right vision rng.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »

It was useful before they changed maelstrom 2h and DoT. Once it could bleed an entire group of werewolves to death. Now it does almost nothing. (back then many were farming this set with me, like some sort of meta)

for PvE it's no better. 10 seconds is too long for mobs while the dot is too weak for bosses to justify the cost of stampede.

Oh man, I totally forgot about this on a WW in PVP. Back when this and Crimson Twilight made you a god in PVP. Now I'm just sad.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finaly got my Sorc into IA with Serpent's Disdane and Unleashed Terror. Very happy with the results, streak applies hemorraging to all enemies in your path, on a Sorc hemorraging was doing more dps than Burning (applied from ele sus). Was able to melt Thoat bosses in Arc 4 with just ele sus and sreak as only offensive skills and just harden ward through everything.

Was only a test run and ran out of time to go beyound but excited to see how far this can go when I have a few hours up my sleave. Only picked up the one focused vision so imagine it should get a lot better with the right vision rng.

with 3 stacks of hemorrhaging its intended to be stronger than burning

if you cant maintain 3 stacks of hemorrhaging then it will be weaker than burning
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭

if you cant maintain 3 stacks of hemorrhaging then it will be weaker than burning

With the combo of Serpent's Disdain and Unleashed Terror 3 stacks was very easy to maintain. Got to do a good run of IA and even with terrible RNG (only got 1 focused efforts vision) I got the furtherest into IA I've been able to. Previously haven't been able to get past Arc 4 and made it halfway through Arc 6 on a sorc.

Unfortunately, now that I have Inkslayer my appetite/attraction to IA has deminished significantly so unsure if I'll continue tweaking/building on this combo.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With the combo of Serpent's Disdain and Unleashed Terror 3 stacks was very easy to maintain. Got to do a good run of IA and even with terrible RNG (only got 1 focused efforts vision) I got the furtherest into IA I've been able to. Previously haven't been able to get past Arc 4 and made it halfway through Arc 6 on a sorc.

Unfortunately, now that I have Inkslayer my appetite/attraction to IA has deminished significantly so unsure if I'll continue tweaking/building on this combo.

yeah serpents disdain helps a ton, i use it on the experimental necromancer build for the archive, necromancer gets guaranteed hemorrhaging on ruinous scythe, and serpents disdain makes it last forever so 3 stacks is easy to maintain
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master