The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Patch 9.3.5 bugged the hell out of Fogbreak Lighthouse

Shagreth
Shagreth
✭✭✭✭✭
Specifically the big stone steps that lead up to the lighthouse, like walking all this distance wasn't enough - now every two steps my character gets stuck on one. Either the house was touched in a few ways, or they changed something regarding moving etc.
Edited by Shagreth on 11 March 2024 22:01
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is there a bug currently with how our characters move or was the house really altered? It's as if my character sinks into the stones. I saw a bunch of preview videos of said house and no-one ever got stuck on one of those stones, it really did happen with U41.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin going to so some testing after work, see if it happens anywhere else, wondering if it's a general thing, a housing problem or specific to Fogbreak. Really hope it gets fixed, paid a bunch of money for this thing and now using it is so annoying.
    Edited by Shagreth on 12 March 2024 06:51
  • calitrumanb14_ESO
    calitrumanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's happening for me as well and was never an issue prior to Update of March 11.
    Please revert whatever was changed and perhaps add to sticky notice"PC/Mac Update 41 Known Issues" so we'll know it's being worked on.
    Edited by calitrumanb14_ESO on 12 March 2024 06:59
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's happening for me as well and was never an issue prior to Update of March 11.
    Please revert whatever was changed and perhaps add to sticky notice"PC/Mac Update 41 Known Issues" so we'll know it's being worked on.
    Cheers, thought I was going crazy there for a moment. I really hope this doesn't end up like of those bugs that get fixed years later.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an expensive house and it's currently on sale in the store, so if the update broke something it should be included in the known issues. I hope you can hear from the devs soon OP, it sucks not to be able to move easily in a house, especially for notables which are so huge.
  • infeareal
    infeareal
    ✭✭
    Same issue. I am decorating Fogbreak for my partner and those stairs are a major pain point now. The character does appear to be slightly lower than the terrain when on the stairs leading up to the lighthouse. Not sure if that is the cause or a symptom but having to jump every other step gets old.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    infeareal wrote: »
    Same issue. I am decorating Fogbreak for my partner and those stairs are a major pain point now. The character does appear to be slightly lower than the terrain when on the stairs leading up to the lighthouse. Not sure if that is the cause or a symptom but having to jump every other step gets old.
    Tried a few other homes with stone steps (i.e. Stone Eagle Aerie) none have that big as far as I know, still not sure if this is specific to Fogbreak. In any case, hopefully ZOS knows better.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I previewed Fogbreak in the Crown Store today. Got stuck four or five times going up the stairs from the entrance. No way I'm go to buy this house.
    PC EU
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I previewed Fogbreak in the Crown Store today. Got stuck four or five times going up the stairs from the entrance. No way I'm go to buy this house.
    Yeah, it's a deal breaker, the way to the main building is quite long, even for a notable, and this just makes it that much more annoying, so I can't blame you.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, just confirming we've seen this thread and will take a look to see what's going on.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all, just confirming we've seen this thread and will take a look to see what's going on.
    You rock Gina, thank you!!!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that this not happening on console, which doesn't have the new update yet. Or at least it's not happening to me. So it must be something that changed in update 41 as originally guessed.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I can confirm that this not happening on console, which doesn't have the new update yet. Or at least it's not happening to me. So it must be something that changed in update 41 as originally guessed.
    Well, at least I hope it's being looked at, I don't see it mentioned in the known issues, to be fair though.. it's quite minor, but still, paid tons of money for this. I don't know what the refund policy is, but I'm thinking of refunding it if it doesn't get fixed in the next incremental patch.
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    Well, at least I hope it's being looked at, I don't see it mentioned in the known issues, to be fair though.. it's quite minor, but still, paid tons of money for this. I don't know what the refund policy is, but I'm thinking of refunding it if it doesn't get fixed in the next incremental patch.

Issues with crown store items tend to get fixed pretty fast. I wouldn't worry too much about it just yet.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just an update here regarding players getting stuck on the stairs of Fogbreak Lighthouse. We have this flagged for a fix in a future incremental. It probably won't be incremental one though. So we'll have more info once timing is nailed down.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Just an update here regarding players getting stuck on the stairs of Fogbreak Lighthouse. We have this flagged for a fix in a future incremental. It probably won't be incremental one though. So we'll have more info once timing is nailed down.
    Thank you, Kevin, as always. I'll hold on to the house with hopes it gets fixed soon.

p.s. wondering if Fair Winds will ever receive a weather system, we talked about it some time ago. Fingers crossed for the new housing update, maybe weather control is in there. ;)
  • AlCiao
    AlCiao
    ✭✭✭
    I also have noticed this on various druid-architecture stone stairs throughout Galen and High Isle since the update. I feel like it might be an issue with those stairs in general, not only the ones in Fogbreak Lighthouse.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlCiao wrote: »
    I also have noticed this on various druid-architecture stone stairs throughout Galen and High Isle since the update. I feel like it might be an issue with those stairs in general, not only the ones in Fogbreak Lighthouse.
    Indeed! Good find. ;)
  • Hana-Belle
    Hana-Belle
    Soul Shriven
    When you run up the stairs at Fogbreak on the left side of the stairs, you get all the way up with no problem.
    But I would like to see it fixed like it was when I bought it (before the patch).

• Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Seems the problem has been fixed, but going up the stairs doesn't feel smooth, it's kinda bumpy, but maybe that's how it was before.

p.s. Kevin, off-topic, but we talked about a weather system for the Fair Winds many months ago, you said they'd look into it. Any update? Cheers.