The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Oathsworn Pit mech]_[First Archer boss]: How to separate wolf from archer?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
[Oathsworn Pit mech]_[First Archer boss]: How to separate wolf from archer?

I want to separate each of AoE. However, that wolf ignore taunt and keep following one of us.
Can't control at all. What is the best solution to deal with it? DD should destroy totem?
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve heard when wolf chases another player, its whoevers furthest. Dunno if that’s furthest from the man or the wolf, though. Just run away from the guy if the wolf is on you. Tank should re-taunt wolf once the wolf puts its head down.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats the mechanic, when the wolf wants to go after someone, the one it goes after has to kite it until it stops chasing them

i dont think it relies on distance as it seemed fairly random to me, but it never went after the tank, always a dps or healer

tank just has to re-taunt it once it stops following

its very easy to see who its following as they get the "flower" targeting icon over them, if its you, you better be running lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grab the wolf as soon as it finishes its “scent” mechanic (which I believe is random as others have said) and hold them away from the archer. The archer can be range taunted but I’m not sure whether that’s even necessary since it seems they do their various attacks against everyone in the group anyway.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So conclusion is...

1, When wolf start to chase DD or Healer, then they have responsibility to control them.
    If they are killed by wolf during this phase, then it' s not tank's fault.

2, After stop wolf following mech, then tank's responsibility. Is it right?

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So conclusion is...

1, When wolf start to chase DD or Healer, then they have responsibility to control them.

correct

they have to pay attention if the wolf is targeting them, because it cannot be taunted during this time

after the mechanic, the tank needs to re-taunt it to get aggro again
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So conclusion is...

Correct, although the DD or healer doesn’t even need to control them, as the wolf will not attack anyone else during this phase, but simply get away. It’s worth noting that the wolf’s speed is constant during this phase, so as a DD, I found it easiest to run to the opposite side and then just watch to make sure they came out of it well before reaching me. Note too that due to the wolf’s melee range or to hitbox size, the wolf can do the usually lethal attack when they appear to yet be several steps away.