The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO on sale, question

IGLRafael
IGLRafael
Soul Shriven
Hello all, I have a question about the Epic Games/Steam versions.

I'm currently playing ESO from Epic Games Version, and I don't have ESO on Steam Version.
ESO is on sale on Steam, and I want to buy "Necrom Collection" for my Epic Games Account.
After I download the brand new Steam Version of the game, link it and receive all the content I paid for in that Epic Games Account,
Can I un-link Epic Games from that Account and create a whole new Account using that same Epic Games Account un-linked? Or it is not possible to do anymore?
Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Dimes
    Dimes
    Soul Shriven
    You have ESO on Epic, but Necrom is on sale on Steam, so you want to buy it on Steam, for your Epic account? Then you want to unlink Epic and play on Steam? Then you want to use your Epic version for a new account?

I think you can buy Necrom on Steam and link it to your current ESO account, but I think you will need to launch it through Steam to get it to work on Epic launcher. At that point you could use either to launch your game, but it will ask you to install two copies of the game. I don't actually have experience with this as to prevent errors between clients I usually just buy from the ESO site.

But I'm pretty sure you can't unlink the Epic to then relink it to a 'new' account, or use the Epic copy to sign up with a new account. The game bundles you bought/own on Epic are bound to your current account. If you get the Necrom collection version on Steam, you're essentially buying the base game twice for the same account and it will be linked/locked to that account. There's no way to separate them unless you buy another copy or make a new account with the Steam version you buy, in which case you would be starting anew.

When it tried to unlink my ESO from Epic so I could link it to a different Epic account (I have a US account and an International one, I wanted to relink it with my local Epic account) it wouldn't let me. It would say it was unlinked in the ESO account page, but it wouldn't actually be unlinked-- when I would try to relink my ESO account to the second Epic account would give me errors as the game was already registered to the other account.

I could be wrong or misremembering but I'm pretty sure you would get the same errors if you tried to unlink Epic and relink it. I might be wrong though and you may need supports help if you want to split the Epic copy into a different account.

Answer ✓
  • IGLRafael
    IGLRafael
    Soul Shriven
    Dimes wrote: »
    But I'm pretty sure you can't unlink the Epic to then relink it to a 'new' account, or use the Epic copy to sign up with a new account. The game bundles you bought/own on Epic are bound to your current account. If you get the Necrom collection version on Steam, you're essentially buying the base game twice for the same account and it will be linked/locked to that account. There's no way to separate them unless you buy another copy or make a new account with the Steam version you buy, in which case you would be starting anew.

Thank you, it was the answer I was looking for.
    Yes I also contacted support and they gave me similar response.
    Everything is clear :)