The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Game Pausing on ALT + TAB

Morvan
Morvan
✭✭✭
Not sure if it was stated before, and it's likely not a bug either, but everytime I alt + tab and open back the game it freezes for a second, I asked other people and the same is happening to them since the new update, is this a setting? Can I disable it? It's barely noticeable but since I do multitask a lot it's been bugging me a bit.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 15 March 2024 03:17
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh. I'm not having the issue - and yes, I'm alt tabbing frequently through the hours I play (AND I'm dealing with satellite connection). What platform and server are you on?

I should add that I have 2 screens so perhaps that's making things better for me?
    Edited by TaSheen on 15 March 2024 02:08

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Morvan
    Morvan
    ✭✭✭
    @TaSheen
    I'm on PC/NA, but It's not a latency issue, it's the game itself, I just realized it only happens on true fullscreen mode, so I switched to windowed fullscreen, not sure which one you were using when you tested it.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only use windowed fullscreen. I have an issue with vertigo, and a fullscreen game display causes me some - um - very serious issues. I have to have some "blank space" around the game window.....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's troubleshooting on the PC platform.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best guest:

This is likely because the game continues to run but the client doesn't exactly update everything while alt+tabbed, so when you go back to it, it does a lot all at once to sort of catch up. Your comp may lag from this, but it doesn't have anything to do with connection or servers.