The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Hot take : active race skill

Foxtrot39
Foxtrot39
✭✭✭✭
We got passive, but what if we had a race themed active skill line?

Example :

-Beast race such as kahjit and Argonian would have one related to their pysiology, like a pounce for kahjit and tail swipe for Argonians

Then related to their culture

-Redguards would have acces to martial skills and maybe even a low class Shehai as ult

-Argonian related to the Hist and/or their reptilian nature

-Kahjit related to Jone and Jode and/or their feline nature

-Imperial some sort of commanding aura

-High elves focused on magicka

-Breton a mix of magicka and martial focus

-Wood elves related to the green pact (or forest/hunter themed at least)

-Nordic about their resilience

-Dark elves could have deadric focus to some extent

-Orc about brute strength/relentless attack

Just throwing out ideas atm

Now obviously it runs the issue of min maxing races out of roles but thats not the topic
  • QB1
    QB1
    ✭✭
    Love this idea!!!
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so kinda similar to their abilities in Skyrim?
    could be fun. i would really love it if bosmer had an extra bow skill.

miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    I think this could be a cool idea so long as any counterbalancing doesn't make my already non-pet dunmer worse off by continuing to not use daedra. I don't want to get any nerfs out of just the assumption that a race will use their race abilities. I can see it being more like Skyrim race ability where it's just one ability among passives, similar to the eso armor skills.

While we're at it, I'd love more active skills for guilds like dark brotherhood and thieves guild.
    Options
  • ViggyBoi
    ViggyBoi
    Honestly kind of surprised there were no race active skills when I first started playing. I mean I get now why there isn't but it still would be a fun idea.
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There were active racial skills or ultimates actually at one point, I believe in early beta. All I remember is during some live event they showed off a devs screen who was playing the game and they had the racial abilities up and you saw that the race they were on had passives and an ultimate.

I believe the Dunmer one was called Ancestral Guardian or Ancestral Spirit.

Options